forum

Rate your keyboard

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rynnavinx
Very very thin chiclet laptop keyboards

2/10
Bad. Too small, and really bad feeling feedback from the tap.

---

Some scissor switch rubber dome keyboard at school

5.5/10
Above, but less bad because I can actually kinda feel something

---

Kinda old Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edtition with razer greens

7.5/10
Is okay. It doesn't feel all that bad to type on but for rhythm games, I think the click feels kinda weird sometimes and the keys also don't push back on my fingers quite enough (despite being heavier than the bouncier brown switches that I talk about below), which makes streaming and faster singletapping kinda eh. Not saying they're bad for rhythm games, but could be better. Some keys don't click anymore (but that's not too noticeable) and the arrow keys are kinda broke from me playing stepmania. Not the best keycaps either, and not best for customization due to the bottom row. Not the most durable keyboard, and apparently the new ones aren't too much better, but i got it for like $75, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

---

Vortex Pok3r with mx browns

9/10*
Just got it, but seems good so far. Not all they keys feel exactly the same (once again, not really noticeable). Unlike the razer, the keys feel bouncy and nice, with light tactile feedback, both of which I'm liking for rhythm games. Vortex is known for being good, so I expect this one to last a while. The small form factor, portability, aluminum case, and customizability is neat.

*Not sure if I can accurately rate it yet, because I just got it.

---

chill1208 wrote:

The newest keyboard I got is a god among keyboards the Razer Black Widow Chroma V2
lol

chill1208 wrote:

Other companies have tried to make their own mechanical keys but none of them have matched up to cherry keys.
Gateron
Wi1dCard
Razer blackwidow chroma tournament edition (old version) - 5/10

Pros: tactility, lightness of key presses compared to a rubber dome, cool lights :P
Cons: key travel, sometimes problematic reset time

Love it for typing but the amount of time it takes to actuate then reset before it can actuate again is actually an issue when it comes to osu. Sometimes they key isn't ready to be pressed again when I need it. Might just be me being bad, but there's no denying that bottoming out and coming back up on this is significantly slower than something like a membrane.

Dell oem rubber domes - 8/10

Pros: short key travel and fast reset
Cons: heavy actuation force compared to mechs, not tenkeyless for my small desk, no backlight for nighttime play (I know only two keys but I don't touch type so I don't know where the keys are)

I prefer this over my razer for osu but still not the best. It takes up too much space on my desk so I can't just have this out and I need to unplug it every time I want to play a different game

I'm trying new play styles so I might not update this for a while. So far I seem to do best with only mouse clicking on one hand.
DXPOHIHIHI

Radiant Rayv wrote:

Very very thin chiclet laptop keyboards

2/10
Bad. Too small, and really bad feeling feedback from the tap.

---

Some scissor switch rubber dome keyboard at school

5.5/10
Above, but less bad because I can actually kinda feel something

---

7.5/10
Is okay. It doesn't feel all that bad to type on but for rhythm games, I think the click feels kinda weird sometimes and the keys also don't push back on my fingers quite enough (despite being heavier than the bouncier brown switches that I talk about below), which makes streaming and faster singletapping kinda eh. Not saying they're bad for rhythm games, but could be better. Some keys don't click anymore (but that's not too noticeable) and the arrow keys are kinda broke from me playing stepmania. Not the best keycaps either, and not best for customization due to the bottom row. Not the most durable keyboard, and apparently the new ones aren't too much better, but i got it for like $75, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

---

Vortex Pok3r with mx browns

9/10*
Just got it, but seems good so far. Not all they keys feel exactly the same (once again, not really noticeable). Unlike the razer, the keys feel bouncy and nice, with light tactile feedback, both of which I'm liking for rhythm games. Vortex is known for being good, so I expect this one to last a while. The small form factor, portability, aluminum case, and customizability is neat.

*Not sure if I can accurately rate it yet, because I just got it.

---

chill1208 wrote:

The newest keyboard I got is a god among keyboards the Razer Black Widow Chroma V2

lol

chill1208 wrote:

Other companies have tried to make their own mechanical keys but none of them have matched up to cherry keys.

Gateron

Wdym lol? Laptop keyboards are great!
kartonrealista
30 zlotys Tesco keyboard
(1/10)
Pros: it has the F2 button
Cons: it has other buttons.
I have to put it on my gramophone while I'm playing because it takes up space off the desk that I usually use to lay my left hand on to hold my mousepad (makes me feel safer about mouse drift).
The zero button in the numpad likes to keep itself pressed for some reason.
vinnicci
Hosthan
Mars Gaming MK4 red switch (oetemu chinese clons).
7/10.
Literally i can stream about 20-30% faster than before and stamina isn't a problem anymore :3.
Bought it expecting to improve accuracy but no change, but the stream and stamina is a good plus.
arzi
Old Laptop Keyboard.
10/10

Pros:
- It's a keyboard

Cons:

- It's a keyboard
Topic Starter
chill1208

Skeansopolis wrote:

7.5/10

I had the same issue with the orange keys it feels like they put a bump in that you have to force your way past, they advertise the orange as having the same actuation force as cherry red keys but it's way harder. So I mailed that back and got the yellow keys, they don't have the bump it's liniear with good springs I'm really happy with it but i know a lot of people prefer a little more force so razer yellow and cherry reds may not be their style. Also mine is the V2 edition so maybe they fixed the problems the original black widow had
ManuelOsuPlayer
Ebay toshiba laptop keyboard.
New one. Laptop keyboard. Slow key up. Keys get smashed in less than 30h game making it bad even to singletap. Imposible to hold long streams without lose coordination due to random key forces. It's worst than tap into the table. 1/10. Good keyboard to let you search for a new one.

Old laptop keyboard, 8/10. Can't handle speed without keydrops. Had to change it due to don't have 2 keys left what work together. The performance was good. Bad to singletap due to really short key press. +15kk key presses until ríp. Need to find same model again or something similar.

External keyboard. 3/10. Good performance streaming and singletapping but destroy stamina singletapping. Long key activation. 7 ms delay. I recommend it to learn MinG3012 playstyle :') *No hidden included.
Semaphia
I have a QPAD something 65... I've no idea. It's a budget mechanical keyboard I bought around 5/6 years back. Red switches. No issues with it at all.
rice coffee
(I don't know much about keyboards so take this with a pinch of salt)

I'm currently using a Razer BlackWidow Chroma - I believe Razer used their own switches for this keyboard. As far as rating goes, it does the job - the feedback is nice when tapping, and, for me, it hits a good middle ground between being too easy to tap and being too hard (something important in osu, if you have a vertical finger stance like me). It's also steady and can take a beating (No moving around while you accidentally over stream 200bpm) I'd recommend getting the compact version, but that's just personal preference. The colours are nice too, but I usually keep it one colour otherwise I find it distracting. For a negative I guess the whole thing is made out of plastic? Some keyboards use metal. This doesn't really bother me either.

I am eyeing up the Ducky Shine 5 Keyboard at the moment(just because it's white, rather then anything being wrong with the black widow), so if anyone has one of those, please tag me!
Topic Starter
chill1208

kartonrealista wrote:

30 zlotys Tesco keyboard
(1/10)
Pros: it has the F2 button
Cons: it has other buttons.
I have to put it on my gramophone while I'm playing because it takes up space off the desk that I usually use to lay my left hand on to hold my mousepad (makes me feel safer about mouse drift).
The zero button in the numpad likes to keep itself pressed for some reason.

i'm surprised you could maintain your accuracy with a crap keyboard, getting a decent mechanical keyboard I think would make a huge difference not just performance wise most of them feel more comfortable while tapping IMO
Frikandel
G105. membrane. so cool blue lights :P :P :P :P

I've had it since 2011. It's missing some keys because I've bashed on it, threw it through my room, smashed it on the side of my desk more than a few times.

Aside from some broken keys it still works perfectly fine though!
Topic Starter
chill1208

Frikandel wrote:

I've had it since 2011. It's missing some keys because I've bashed on it, threw it through my room, smashed it on the side of my desk more than a few times.

reminds me of my older brother he was always getting pissed throwing his PS2 contollers breaking them all the time, they came out with a nerf playstation controller pretty much indesructable got it for his b-day. When the time came he threw it and the nerf made it bounce, it ricochet off the floor into the wall and it took out a window so he went back to breaking regular controllers
The Gambler
10/10

Homemade Varmilo VA87 / Magicforce 68 keyboard. With clicky Matias switches.

The clicks are ungodly. Think mouse click but deeper...

VinZentVanDough
Modified Logitech K100 (USB instead of PS/2)

7.5/10

The keyboard is light, but well built, and feels very solid. The key actuations are a bit mushy, and feel very 90's. Which is not surprising, since this keyboard feels like it rolled right off a 1990's assembly line. But is way faster than most rubberdome keyboard

Not to mention that this is 7$
Frikandel

chill1208 wrote:

Frikandel wrote:

reminds me of my older brother he was always getting pissed throwing his PS2 contollers breaking them all the time, they came out with a nerf playstation controller pretty much indesructable got it for his b-day. When the time came he threw it and the nerf made it bounce, it ricochet off the floor into the wall and it took out a window so he went back to breaking regular controllers

Good story :lol:
Topic Starter
chill1208

The Gambler wrote:

10/10

Homemade Varmilo VA87 / Magicforce 68 keyboard. With clicky Matias switches.

The clicks are ungodly. Think mouse click but deeper...

wow that's incredible i wish i could make a custom keyboard
DXPOHIHIHI
I somehow don't find reds to be light (outemu)
Tboneq
9/10

Corsair k95 (cherry mx speed)

pros:
-hard to destroy(nearly same level of indestructibility as nokia 3310)
-multimedial keys + macro keys
-solid build
-magnetic wrist pad
-beautiful light show

cons:
-heavy af
-creating macros is bullshit
-hard to clean (bcs its made from aluminium xddd)
jungjushee
EagleTec Kg011 (Blue Switches). 9/10

I personally like blue switches and the clacking of the keys helps me keep rhythm. Works well for streaming and maintains consistency. The blue LED's are a nice touch too. Reds are slightly better for gaming but blues works just fine tbh
Implojin
Varmilo Miya Pro Sakura

Pros:
It's pink
It doesn't take up a lot of desk space
It has brown switches
The keycaps have a nice texture
Look at that spacebar though
It's pink
It's literally a VA68M in a plastic shell for half the price of a VA68M
The 65% layout is a very nice size, imo. It's not physically possible to go much smaller without sacrificing things like dedicated arrow keys, normal key widths, and standard row offsets.
Did I mention it's pink?

Cons:
One of the LEDs at the top-right of the board is always active as a layer indicator, you can't turn it off unless you physically disable the LED somehow
The USB connector isn't recessed, so the plug will always be visibly jutting out of the top-right corner of the board
It doesn't have the ability to rebind hardware scancodes or do macros
It can't send some OS keycombo shortcuts like ctrl+shift+esc, the implementation of its layers here seems to be relatively poor
The case edges aren't chamfered
It's pink

9/10 better than Ducky, I really like this keyboard
Syneergy
Corsair K63 Cherry MX red switches

Positive:
The keys feel really nice to press
Has red light effect + different effects with a program installed on your computer
Allows to tap very high bpm with less strain
Some interesting functions like "Lock"
Brightness button
Volume mixer button
Movie functions, like play, pause, stop

negatives:
it is 10 keyless
idk, good keyboard tbh