forum

Mapping/Modding: Guide Compendium

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hi-mei
Hello! Since this thread is kinda dead mainly because KwaN resigned from QAT I feel like its time to review and recompile stuff we already have.
Why?

The purpose of this thread is to make a compilation of useful guides/articles in sake of new mappers and to basically have stuff sorted out, since I feel like the old thread was not structured that good.
Some of the stuff from the previous threads might be skipped here due to loss of actuality or the lack of formatting, so if you are seeking for something but cant actually find it — make sure to check the previous thread.
Contents:
- General Information
- Metadata
- Timing
- Audio / Video
- Hitsounding
- Storyboarding
- Modding
- Solving known problems- osu!standard
- General
- Rhythm
- Flow
- Structure
- Aesthetics
- osu!catch
- General
- Modding
- osu!taiko
- General
- Modding
- osu!mania
- General
- Resources
- Hitsounding
- Storyboarding
- Modding

Resources

Hitsounding
  1. Hitsound Copier #1 (by Sieg) - Download | Forum
  2. Hitsound Copier #2 (by wcx19911123) - Download | Forum
  3. Custom Hitsound Library #1 (by Yuukari-Banteki) - Link
  4. Custom Hitsound Library #2 (by Natteke) - Link
  5. Custom Hitsound Library #3 (by LKs) - Link
  6. Custom Hitsound Library #4 (by LordRaika) - Link
Storyboarding
  1. SGL Editor (by MoonShade) - Download | Forum
  2. osbpy (by Wafu) - Download | Forum
  3. particleGenerator (by XinCrin) - Download | Forum
  4. Lyrics Generator (MultiLanguage Support) (by XinCrin) - Download | Forum
  5. Spectrum Diagram Generator (by ITer) - Download | Forum
  6. spectrumGenerator (by XinCrin) - Download | Forum
Modding
  1. Modding Assistant (by Sieg) - Download | Forum
[/list]
Endaris
Well, I'd doubt that being QAT is a prerequisite for keeping such a thread up to date...
I'd also be curious with which reasoning you removed some of the links, especially well formatted and in no way deprecated content like t/239778
Topic Starter
hi-mei
The thread youre linking to can not be used in any of the subtopics of osu!standrad, since it covers mostly random stuff all at once. Also, it basically repeats some of the topics that are well structured and up to date. I basically see no need in putting it in "general" since its structure very vaguely.
Shinomiha
Thanks !
PhanHieu
What is this about???
skuser
how do you map taiko tho
Asahina Oleshev
are there any guides on mapping in ctb?
JarvisGaming
[[[[[[

JarvisGaming wrote:

Can you add my taiko mapping guide to the list?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Ws4BnmUpsiMs_xm5V37qtk6RDa6SimgwDVFMUaUbR4/edit?usp=sharing
the thread owner is super inactive rn so it's prob not gonna be add any time soon
Topic Starter
hi-mei

JarvisGaming wrote:

Can you add my taiko mapping guide to the list?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Ws4BnmUpsiMs_xm5V37qtk6RDa6SimgwDVFMUaUbR4/edit?usp=sharing
okay
Beneke
is anyone now how to add an images on his desc
LorinGOD
Thanks!
Beneke
hello y'all i wanted to published a map but i have an error message that says "Cannot upload your beatmap. The beatmap is too large" whereas it has only 10165kb and the max is 12000. Can someone help me to find out the problem ?
Jason X

Beneke wrote:

hello y'all i wanted to published a map but i have an error message that says "Cannot upload your beatmap. The beatmap is too large" whereas it has only 10165kb and the max is 12000. Can someone help me to find out the problem ?
If you have a problem with your map or have a general question you could post in Mapping Discussion rather than here, you'd get more attention and more answers there. This thread is just a guide compendium, not too many people actually look inhere unless they're looking for a guide.

Anyway, regarding your problem
It could be that your map is not mapped enough, just make a new diff and place a circle at the beginning and at the end of the song.
Also you could try compressing files, for that refer to this wiki entry: wiki/en/Guides/Compressing_files
kaedori
are there any good guides (preferably text-based) for std mapping? the ones in the thread are easily over 6 year olds and i dont really like video guides (i have been watching a bit of pishi and dsco beginner mapping vids however)