forum

StripedTap v0.6 (NEW/UPDATED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-NekoNya

StripedTap v0.6 [NEW]

What is Striped Tap?
Striped Tap is a skin inspired by many clear and fun skins! It has visual effects but those effects aren't distracting enough to distract you out of your focus while playing. I created this skin because I personally doesn't like almost all the skins that I have tried. Somehow or another, it's a little distracting and sometimes... makes my eyes blurry. Now I don't want that whenever I'm trying my best to FC a song. This is a skin made by pure INNOVATION (xd). This skin can either HELP you or FAIL you. It depends on your personal preferences. I like clean but visually good. Good enough that it won't fail my plays. The name Striped Tap is basically made out on the fly. I just couldn't think of any names soooo yeah.

What's in the skin?
A LOT OF STUFF and I mean A LOT OF STUFF. I don't want to explain it one by one. Now the skin has some extra cursor, hitcircle, hitsound... etc. You can access this and change the skin's assets in the Custom folder inside the skin's folder.

Is the skin finished?
... Currently... No. I'm still creating icons and other gamemode skins like Mania (I already added some stuff but it's still confusing), Taiko, and CtB.

The skin's resolution?
I based it off of my laptop's resolution which is, 1366x768. I am planning to remake the skin and create a 2x resolution for higher resolutions like 1080p above to view it in its full form.

Do you plan on changing some assets later on?
Yes. I am still planning to do that whenever I'm not feeling comfortable for the cursor/hitcircle/etc. Although DON'T WORRY. I won't remove the older versions so you could still download them.

SET THE CURSOR SIZE TO 1.4 FOR BEST RESULTS!!!

Although it's still my preferences ^w^

And without further a do, I present you...

A RANDOM JIBRIL IMAGE~! <3

Teehee~ Sorry... Just had to...
Don't worry, The real one's below.

CHANGES

04/01/2018
  1. NEW CURSOR! - Hah! Lasers ayy~ welp. Still it looks aesthetically better than the previous version.
  2. REMOVED FOLLOWPOINTS! - cause I've been thinking... It's kind of annoying to have followpoints, especially if the map is slow. So I removed it temporarily... Until I've found a way to use it efficiently later.
  3. NEW HEALTH BAR! - Cause hey! A moving health is awesome! Specially if it's Red and Black stripes~!
  4. NEW HITCIRCLE NUMBERS! - (The text looks makes me sound like I'm shouting... BUT I AM!) New numbers! I'm still checking many fonts that are easier to read and that has a good aesthetic to partner up with this skin.
  5. HITSOUNDS AND MANY MORE~! - Decided to change the hitsounds to the default (not the real default osu! skin) but the default Cookiezi skin. Cause the hitsounds I used on v0.1 is shit and while I'm creating many new hitsounds, I'm lost to what to use so yeah. I use these temporarily.

04/02/18
  1. NEW MENU BACKGROUND~! - HEY! New designs are much more better right?! So I changed my plain old one with a STRIPED background~!
  2. NEW READY, 3, 2, 1's!! - It has anime on Go~! Cause WHY NOT?! It's not clean... but it can be better while I'm still updating it so yeet!
  3. NEW MENU GIRL! - CAUSE CATGIRLS! Like... WHO DOESN'T WANT CATGIRLS ON THEIR SKIN?! She's just cute and pretty to have~ And she has stripes on her foot part~ (I'll update the buttons later. So for now, Deal with it)
  4. NEW RANKING RESULTS PAGE! - After playing a map, you get results! Who doesn't want a cute anime girl on their results page?! LIKE, WHO?! And... SHE'S ALSO A CATGIRL! SO, BONUS!
  5. NEW RANKING LETTERS! - Those S/SS/A etc. Idk what to call them so YEAH! Just added new letters so it can be cool to have my own version~
  6. SOME NEW HITSOUNDS! - Cause HEY! NEW HITSOUNDS! HITCLAPS SOUND LIKE DUBSTEPS SO BEWARE OF THAT!

05/19/18
  1. Added Hit lighting effects!!
  2. Added combo burst!
  3. Updated Cursor! (If you want the old cursor, it's in the Custom folder)
  4. (FOR SUPPORTERS ONLY)Added a Menu Background Image!
  5. Optimized the skin for serious plays aka. FC marathon
  6. NEW HITSOUNDS!
  7. Added hearts aka. star2.png! (the one the flows on the song selection and fountains!)
  8. Added heartbeat/osu menu ticking sound!
  9. Changed slider border from red to lighter pink to make it easier to see.
  10. Changed color of follow points from red to pink. (Why not?)
  11. + A LOT MORE! XD

SCREENSHOTS (v0.3)

TELL ME IF YOU WANT MORE SCREENSHOTS AND REGARDING THE LASER CURSOR, I'LL UPLOAD SOME LATER.

DOWNLOAD

UPDATED!
...To be honest, I really want to put an adfly link here to make a little bit of cash to buy myself some good equipment... but meh... It alright... ;)

COPYRIGHT
THE SKIN'S ASSETS EXCEPT FOR THE HITSOUNDS ARE MINE. THESE ARE ALL MADE USING PAINT.NET. UPDATED EVERYTHING THAT WILL LEAD TO ACCUSATIONS THAT I AM STEALING/MIXING OTHER SKINS. I HAVE PROOF AND IF YOU NEED IT, I CAN GIVE IT TO YOU. I PLAN TO CREATE MY OWN HITSOUNDS IF I'M NOT BUSY ANYMORE. SO UNTIL THEN, I'M STUCK ON USING SHIGETORA'S SKIN'S HITSOUNDS. DON'T WORRY. THIS AIN'T ILLEGAL. MIXED SKINS ARE ILLEGAL. NOT SOUNDS.
(LINK TO SHIGETORA'S SKIN = https://gist.github.com/Francesco149/a056951face7)
frostscarlet
let's try that skin
h3oCharles
why are you uploading this in the first place if you know that it is mixed?

EDIT1: Never have I ever been THIS frustrated in my life ever due to some game
ikanpuyuu
Interesting skin tho, its clean o wo)//
Topic Starter
-NekoNya
*UPDATED
Arkonite
Is the link still for the 0.1 ver?
Topic Starter
-NekoNya

Arkonite wrote:

Is the link still for the 0.1 ver?

sorry!! Now it's updated and you can download BOTH the v0.1 and v0.2
Thanks for reminding me!!
Rythmic
Mixed hitsounds aren't illegal but mixed graphics are.
Vewwy nice skin by the way!
I'd give it a 9.8/10
Topic Starter
-NekoNya

megubite wrote:

Mixed hitsounds aren't illegal but mixed graphics are.
Vewwy nice skin by the way!
I'd give it a 9.8/10

Haha~ Thanks! That's helpful so thanks for letting me know~!
Guwentok
Really nice skin because it's clean so I can play with a lot of comfort!
Jyzark
This skin really comfortable to play, 10/10 skin.
Good job
onozukas
i dig it, red skins are always good in my book. i just dont like the weebshit, but the use of classic assets is fun
Topic Starter
-NekoNya
UPDATED! DOWNLOAD LINKS UPDATED ALSO! FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS ADDED. NO MIXED SKINS NOW (Just a little bit of sounds tho). I'LL ADD THE INFO AND SCREENSHOTS LATER!!

ALSO A VIDEO SO YEAH!
GumTune
Nice, very clean and usable skin. 8/10
Ashiido
nice i love it
Topic Starter
-NekoNya
bump
ABD007
Nice skin ! Good job :)
h3oCharles
erm... no screenshots for 0.6?
Topic Starter
-NekoNya
I'll post it maybe 6-8 hours from now. My internet's having a crisis and I'm far from my current work station. Dw, I'll upload as soon as I can.
RockRoller

-NekoNya wrote:

bump
Stop bumping you're threads. It's just annoying to see and theres no need to stay within the first few posts on the front page.
Topic Starter
-NekoNya

RockRoller wrote:

-NekoNya wrote:

bump

Stop bumping you're threads. It's just annoying to see and theres no need to stay within the first few posts on the front page.

Got it.
Sorry for annoying you. I'll let this thread peacefully go down the line now. Thanks for telling me that. ^w^
h3oCharles
still no screenshots m8
Topic Starter
-NekoNya
Screenshots provided! You can see the screenshots now~