forum

Multiplayer miss bug.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart
So, this hasn't happened before, but it happens to my friends so I guess it isn't just me.

When I play multiplayer, I sometimes get misses even tho I clearly pressed the button, and at the of the match, it shows that I got greats instead of misses.

anyone else g etting this? :3
abraker
Input shouldn't be multiplayer dependent as it's processed locally. Are you positive this doesn't happen in solo as well?
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart

abraker wrote:

Input shouldn't be multiplayer dependent as it's processed locally. Are you positive this doesn't happen in solo as well?
yyyup!
Yyorshire
i feel like this has happened to me a couple of times in mp as well, or im just bad
abraker

Yyorshire wrote:

i feel like this has happened to me a couple of times in mp as well, or im just bad
Your keyboard is bad
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart
It can't be my keyboard either when I think about it.

I've recently bought a new one, the K95 platinum RGB with speed switches.
and when I try in singleplayer I don't get misses where I would get misses in multiplayer.

:/ feelsbadman
Yyorshire

abraker wrote:

Your keyboard is bad
rood >:(
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart

Yyorshire wrote:

abraker wrote:

Your keyboard is bad

ANGERY
abraker

Yyorshire wrote:

abraker wrote:

Your keyboard is bad
But that means that you are good, cheer up!
Freek
It's possible that you pressed a long note twice very fast at the start or repressed at the end of it. If this happens in the timing window of long note you can break combo without a miss, a 50 or even a 100.
However, this is not specific to multiplayer.

Maybe it's coincidence?
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart
I have done some testing, and I have come to the conclusions IT DOES HAPPEN IN SOLO, (sorry Abraker :P) but i've made a video of what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9pEJdCIv44

(I sped up the parts where the game works as it should, and show only where I get a miss)

tysm for all the help from you guys!
Full Tablet
That's normal.

You pressed the LN very late (between 121.5ms and 155ms late), breaking your combo, but released at the right time. Because of the low OD, it counted as a 200 (Great) instead of a 50 like it would happen in most maps. You never get a miss if you release a LN at the right time (even if it is a LN you re-pressed).
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart
but that is a very minor case, usually 3 or 4 notes will be missed in 10 notes (keep in mind dit also happens in pre 2* levels)
Full Tablet
Considering your skill, mistakes like this are most likely faults of your keyboard.

What is your keyboard? A keypress that is detected late like this could be caused by something like a crack in the solder joint between the switch and the PCB board of a mechanical keyboard.
Topic Starter
[RS] Mart
a newly bought a little over a month ago k95 platinum with speed switches.

idk, doesn't seem like I can fix it somehow either ;//

maybe I'll just stop crying xd