forum

[resolved] Please help!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nxaq
Hello guys.
Its been now 4 months since i play osu (3 with an tablet) and ive noticed something wrong...
When i use a Tablet (doesnt matter wich one i think) my movement looks extreme delayed in the replay.
but it looks extreme good and normal for me and when i record it or livestream it... just in replayes their kinda weird and delayed...
tablets i used:
first used the xp pen g430
after that i used the wacom ctl 490 with hard input lag and changed back to the g430 now.
im playing 4-6* maps even in hddt it looks a bit delayed but its better than normal just a bit.
I dont know what to do bcs no one could help me not even the pro players :c i hope i can fix it somehow.
if anyone can help me with that fix gets an Intro :) (if their want for their yt channel whatever)
bryanpedini
Try first to NOT POST "PLEASE HELP" TITLES with ANY description about the real problem in the first place; 928374892893746 exclamation points won't make your problem more serious or important. Period.
THEN, you should firstly enable the FPS counter in bootom right corner from the options and monitor your input delay during both normal and re(plays).
IF everything seems fine from that point of view, try then to check compatibility mode of your client and then your tablet settings, make sure raw input is enabled if you want the best performance and less input lag as possible and finally check if every beatmap does the same.
Death
Could just be that replays are not always perfectly accurate representations of the actual play, although any difference is normally very slight.

If you aren't experiencing any issues while playing, I'm not sure what issue there is to fix.

BJPGVITA wrote:

FPS counter in bootom right corner from the options and monitor your input delay during both normal and re(plays).
This value is not input lag, it's frame time/ frame latency.

BJPGVITA wrote:

IF everything seems fine from that point of view, try then to check compatibility mode of your client
If you are suggesting using compatibility mode, I don't think that will make any difference. This setting should really be used if you are experiencing issues that prevent you from playing the game normally.

BJPGVITA wrote:

make sure raw input is enabled if you want the best performance and less input lag as possible
You should not need raw input while using a tablet and this should not affect input lag at all.
Topic Starter
nxaq
Raw input makes it even worse/smoother but somehow looks weird... and i have fps counter on or what do you exactly mean? :/
bryanpedini

Death wrote:

This value is not input lag, it's frame time/ frame latency.
Isn't it the number of milliseconds it takes for a tablet/kb movement/press to be registered by the game?

Death wrote:

This setting should really be used if you are experiencing issues that prevent you from playing the game normally.
Oh, ok, my client seems to periodically enable it automatically on every update to "perform better with nVidia Optimus Engine" so the option is forced every time and I have to deactivate manually...

Death wrote:

You should not need raw input while using a tablet and this should not affect input lag at all.
Again, I ALWAYS KEPT AN EYE ON THAT BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER COUNTER... :crying:... I now wonder if raw input makes any difference at all because of before my Wacom driver update without raw input enabled my cursor with the pen was stuck in top left corner of screen even with Osu! grab cursor inside game windows always enabled...
Thank you by the way, will check to activate an actual input lag meter somehow on the screen...

PS: I've read that Shift+Tab should make your in-game overlay disappear (like this)... is it true, possible and not editable (in term of shortcuts) like Ctrl+O for options?
Death

BJPGVITA wrote:

Isn't it the number of milliseconds it takes for a tablet/kb movement/press to be registered by the game?
Frame time is the number of milliseconds it takes to render one frame.

BJPGVITA wrote:

Oh, ok, my client seems to periodically enable it automatically on every update to "perform better with nVidia Optimus Engine" so the option is forced every time and I have to deactivate manually...
If it is enabled by default, it is probably enabled for a reason. If it isn't affecting performance then it isn't a big deal.

BJPGVITA wrote:

I now wonder if raw input makes any difference at all because of before my Wacom driver update without raw input enabled my cursor with the pen was stuck in top left corner of screen even with Osu! grab cursor inside game windows always enabled...
You should be able to use raw input with a graphics tablet, but this top-left corner thing is a known issue because of the Windows 10 Creators Update and raw input. Even if you are able to use raw input, you still shouldn't really need to.

BJPGVITA wrote:

PS: I've read that Shift+Tab should make your in-game overlay disappear (like this)... is it true, possible and not editable (in term of shortcuts) like Ctrl+O for options?
This can partially be changed. It will always be Shift + <Toggle Scoreboard> key, the latter can be rebound to something other than tab.
Topic Starter
nxaq
Thanks you for ur time but nothing worked and i now this already xD this "delayd lag" is gone.
I got a lot better in these few days and now it looks normal to me in replays so yea i think its bcs u need to get better wtf idk xD