forum

Because we are all special: How do you play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
N0mad_old
Whether it be tablet, playing with a pen, or maybe a finger, a mouse, with or without a keypad, we all have our own 'style' and different aches at the end of the day.

N0mad
is a left-handed mouse user. (But still uses a right-handed configuration. Left click is primary.)
does not shift his forearm at all during play. It's all in the wrist.
doesn't use alt-click at all.
doesn't have a mousepad, but should get one.

How do you play osu!?
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
flyboy87
I play Osu! without a mouse.

No, seriously. :|
adamskii_uk
I play Osu! with this mouse...

.. and this mouse mat.

I can play Osu! with both hands since I'm ambidexterous, however, I prefer to play Osu! with my right hand since I'm slightly faster with my right hand. I don't use the keyboard for any clicking, I use only my index finger for clicking on the left mouse button when playing.

I have a Wacom graphics tablet, but I don't use it for playing Osu. I play Osu! with a mouse because I want to improve my mouse control, speed and accuracy. After I'm satisfied with my mouse ability with Osu, I will move onto other input devices such as graphics tablet, trackball, wiimote, etc. :)
James
i play osu with inverted mouse cursor and with a piece of paper
Slain087
Dell BT mouse and paper-thin no-slip round mousepad. Round because my hand drifts up and I don't really need the diagonal move space.

Download: IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (short ver.) (rockit) [rockit's & Mitchrev21's Taiko].osu
Loginer
Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 + Razer Destructor. I click with the mouse buttons, makes it easier to move the cursor properly.
An64fan
The Compaq mouse which I think came with the computer, and then got switched out with a new laser mouse, before finally dad got the laptop and found only the laser would work with it. So now I have a boring old regular mouse. On desk. No mouse pad, no paper, just flat out on the desk.

Hitting, normally usually use the V key primarily, and often alternate between V and C. I will occasionally use the edge of my thumb on the space key, or just use the space specifically, I find I do better with regular beats that way. A recent upgrade (as in, last night) is a small piece of tape on the V key so that I switch quickly between using the spacing mainly back to V and C, without having to worry about my fingers being on the wrong keys (and so I can alternate between V and C after switching without realizing that my fingers are on the wrong keys).
Kizou_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
Mouser, only left clickan for most songs(even maps with fast stacks) occassionally left/right click when left clicking is too tedious or simply not fast enough.(Agony[insane] is about the fastest song I can left click only.)

Retardedly hgih sensitivity. Mouse never moves more than around 1.5cm in any direction while playing.

Retardedly fast spinnar speedz.
awp
-Simple wired optical Dell mouse, primarily single click or just pressing x, but z/x for fast stacks
-Wacom Intuos3 tablet, poking surface on occasion but usually z/x
Metalik
Logitech M-SBF96-That my mouse

Download: ZERO - Stardust Dreams (_LRJ_) [Dagonpater's Star].osu
Nharox
Well, I start the game and choose a beatmap I want to play. After that I ... OH MY GOD THERE ARE CIRCLES EVERYWHERE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Zatoichi
I play with a vanilla mouse. My mousepad is a map of the world.

I'm pretty kawaii, bro.

Download: Nightcore - Ready For Love (vivere) [Anto's Crazy Love].osu
RogueHiyru
Two_old
I use a ball mouse or mechanical mouse, whatever you want to call it. It's old but new enough to have a scroll wheel. I have to clean it frequently though or it will stop moving randomly. It's also very small, which is great because I have small hands :(

I tried using a new optical mouse and it made me go from 300 rpm to 350-360 when spinning. It's sensitivity sucks though and it's too much trouble to get it the same as what I have now.
lukewarmholiday
I'm pretty kawaii, bro.
I use a tablet, it's pretty cheap but gets the job done. I think I'm going to get mobbed by all the mouse users in this thread now. D:
I actually don't give a damn about how people play osu! :)

Twilight_old
I use a tablet, it's pretty cheap but gets the job done. I think I'm going to get mobbed by all the mouse users in this thread now. D:

Gens
I play Z/X Style, with a mouse.
If I had a Tablet, I would play more easily.

Well, I play Windowed, 800x600, with 2.1x Mouse Sensivity.
:D
crystalsuicune
Wacom Intuos(supposed to be borrowed from mom's school,
but they haven't taken it back XD;;)+Left hand+A person who
sucks at osu and prefers to go taiko.
That's how I play.*shrug*
YoshiKart
GSR_old
Mouse, with Z/X for deathstreams.

I have access to a Tablet PC but it's my dad's so I need to run Osu! off a flash drive, and the touch screen isn't quite 1-to-1, which throws me off a lot.
mm201
  1. MS Basic Wheel Mouse 1.0A
  2. Wrist is firmly planted on the mouse pad and rotates left/right. Up/down is done with the fingers.
  3. Right hand.
  4. Left mouse button. Both buttons for streams. There's just too much travel time on the Z/X keys.
  5. Small, counterclockwise circles for spinners, using a lot of elbow. :)
oboewan
On my crap PC, in 800x600 openGL mode windowed, with my OEM Dell optical mouse on a mousepad. Sometimes click, but usually z/x.

When I'm playing taiko mod, standard keyboard configuration.

I use taiko skin when playing taikomod, EBA skin when playing regular. No mods.

Still trying to figure out my :!: :!: :!: offset. Just when I think I have it, some song comes up with a vibrating slider that sounds like suck.

Tried the PW skin once, then realized that it doesn't really help my offset situation at all, rather it worsens it insanely.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I try to click the circles on time but I usually mess up and click too early/late :(
I use a standard mouse with my right hand and didn't know about Z/X until now. I think I'll try using them later, but I think I'll mess up even more...
About the game's settings, I run it on 640x480 because it doesn't lag as much as 800x600, windowed, because it crashes for no reason on Fullscreen, and with videos turned off because they lag me so much oh god
My favorite skins are Ouendan 1 and Elite Beat Osu!.
I'm currently working on a beatmap, and it's a bit annoying because my computer likes to crash when I make sliders too big. I may try to make a skin in the future, but I have no idea of what would be its theme.
I also write too much.
Metroid
Me
- DirectX with Shader's on
-1024x768 - Fullscreen
- no combo fire
- snaking sliders on
- use lucky star skin when trying to get a good score otherwise another skin.
- Table top
- Old scroll wheel, ball mouse 1.5 sensitivity (I can't spin good)
- Horrific Uni offset because I have no clue how to set it with the new style instead of the normal clicking soudns match together like before)
- Keeps anit-virus and firewall off when playing proccess intensive games,(UT3 and COD:4)
- (I may get a tablet this xmas for drawing)

Specs
Operating System: Windows XP Professiona
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: PCCHIPS
System Model: P29G
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.46GHz (I like having a duel core 8-) )
Memory: 1024MB RAM (I hope to get more RAM)
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Graphic card- ATI 1950x Radeon Sapphire
Zerostarry
Mouse, z/v for stacks/streams
FluffRat
Intuos3 tablet w/ the far left quick-button mapped to Z for alt-clicking fast stacks/streams. I use the eraser side of the stylus to tap and have wrapped it with a rubber band for better grip and consistency.
deepsea
I play osu with a mouse left click mostly, left-right click and keyboard sometimes.

I use paper for mousepad, and I destroy a paper mostly once a week.
Soaprman
Mouse only. 8-)
PrivateDJCalvin
I play osu! with right hand but it tends to move left whenever a song have multiple beats and its pretty annoying anyone know how to control this?
show more