Topic Starter
arzi
How do I do it?? I always tap too fast.
KupcaH
practice
Deva
Tap slower
kai99
alternate jumps were easier for me but if its harder than singletapping your jumps you should singletap it
E m i
don't just finger alt it like streams where every keypress is heavily dependent upon the previous one and everything feels like a constant alternating movement

WRIST alt it, where every keypress is a separate decision and movement
Deva

kai99 wrote:

alternate jumps were easier for me but if its harder than singletapping your jumps you should singletap it
If you always do what's easier you will stay bad forever
kai99

Deva wrote:

kai99 wrote:

say that after youve earned 300 more pp and your opinoin will be valid to me
E m i

kai99 wrote:

I don't actually think that way I just said it for you
Deva

Momi wrote:

I don't actually think that way I just said it for you
so you'd rather reinforce your bad habits just because it's easier for you to reinforce them?
Deva

kai99 wrote:

It's funny when people who can literally only play farm maps say shit like this
Deva
If double posting pisses you off here's a third one
E m i

Deva wrote:

so you'd rather reinforce your bad habits just because it's easier for you to reinforce them?
there was no mention of bad habits, if something is better long term you should do it... i guess

sometimes the optimal ways of doing something are easy from the start so i wouldn't feel like i'm being fair if i said that doing what's easier will make you bad forever. if you always do what's harder, you will also be bad lol
Deva

Momi wrote:

there was no mention of bad habits, if something is better long term you should do it... i guess

sometimes the optimal ways of doing something are easy from the start so i wouldn't feel like i'm being fair if i said that doing what's easier will make you bad forever. if you always do what's harder, you will also be bad lol

Deva wrote:

What I meant is that you shouldn't always do what's easier even if it seems like you should. From time to time you have to just suck it up and learn a habit that's uncomfortable for you at first but you could greatly benefit from it long term

If you don't think that's common sense then I really don't know what to tell you...
pandaBee
ooh baby a triple
E m i

Deva wrote:

What I meant is that you shouldn't always do what's easier even if it seems like you should. From time to time you have to just suck it up and learn a habit that's uncomfortable for you at first but you could greatly benefit from it long term

If you don't think that's common sense then I really don't know what to tell you...
ok let's say i agree then but if i ever worded it i would add more to it

deal?

oh and i would also say "worse than otherwise" instead of "bad" 8-)
Deva
I've never been good with wording stuff so it's a deal.
Trobador

Momi wrote:

don't just finger alt it like streams where every keypress is heavily dependent upon the previous one and everything feels like a constant alternating movement

I don't understand the difference. Do you have a video example?
Penguin

PieruEater wrote:

Momi wrote:

I don't understand the difference. Do you have a video example?
There's not really a way to show this visually. It's more so a mental thing. Instead of thinking of alternating jumps as a constant switching of fingers to the beat (like how streams are interpreted), think of the notes as individual keypresses in accordance to your aim.

Using your wrist is just a way that people discern difference in streams from jumps when alting.
Runescape Mole
keep practicing i usually single tap because it feels comfortable for me but alt is comfortable with you am i right???
DXPOHIHIHI
I've been alternating jumps my whole life and it's much more easy when I don't single-tap when I do jumps
kai99

Deva wrote:

kai99 wrote:

It's funny when people who can literally only play farm maps say shit like this
waait who were we talking about im sry just asking i thought you were talking about me phew
for some reason it doesnt seem like the image is loading buuuut i think you should try and reflect on your top scores too if you think that ;) bb you gotta have more skill maps

SpasticSurgeon
There's not really a way to show this visually. It's more so a mental thing. Instead of thinking of alternating jumps as a constant switching of fingers to the beat (like how streams are interpreted), think of the notes as individual keypresses in accordance to your aim.

Using your wrist is just a way that people discern difference in streams from jumps when alting.
Tell me if I'm misunderstanding but

How is there not a visual way to show it? Instead of moving your fingers to hit the keys and keeping your wrist still, wrist-alting implies keeping your fingers still and moving your wrist.

Of course, you can't keep your fingers totally still, because you have to move them out of the way so that you don't hit both keys at the same time during the next wrist action.

Seems visually cogent enough to me.

Another way to visualize it is to take it to the extreme. Imagine hovering both fingers a pen-nib above the keys and twisting your wrist side to side to hit the keys. This is obviously a dumb way to do it, but the motions are an exaggerated version of what you would be doing with wrist-alting, assuming I understand correctly. The actual wrist-alting would be more refined and involve some finger action, but the wrist is doing most of the tapping.

Although I could totally be misunderstanding what Momi means by "wrist-alting".
Deva

kai99 wrote:

waait who were we talking about im sry just asking i thought you were talking about me phew
for some reason it doesnt seem like the image is loading buuuut i think you should try and reflect on your top scores too if you think that ;) bb you gotta have more skill maps

Shouldn't we all try to get more skill?
SPOILER
I think that PP from these maps got lost in them being fucking underweighted haha
I have more if you aren't convinced
loveleft
What are skill maps?
kai99
ngl, jumps are pretty hard. i suck at jumps