[Proposal] osu!mania Ranking Criteria (whole draft)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Okoratu
Hello and happy April Fools everyone!

actually please dont stop reading this was a terrible joke.

This is the complete Ranking Criteria for the mode as it'd look with the draft applied.
The following points will need more consideration from the get go:
  1. Lower difficulties Rules / Guidelines

Discussion is open until the 6th of April 2018

i do not play mania, please do not address stuff pertaining to the details of this draft to me directly i dont know what half these concepts mean
help!
Topic Starter
Okoratu
This is the current status of debate after they reached a deadlock. They wanted to allow semi-dumps but couldnt come up with criteria for them

idk what any of this means i just remember reading it so i think it's relevant
Pachiru
holy shit it's happening, i'm going to edit the post if i've got some suggestions to give ;)
thanks oko

RC wrote:

Note that Easy difficulties MUST be present in a mapset for it to be rankable. "you start to know how to read and press simple patterns" is the mindset this difficulty follows.
It might be better to add it in the General Rules to have more exposure in my opinion.
Feerum

Okoratu wrote:

This is the current status of debate after they reached a deadlock. They wanted to allow semi-dumps but couldnt come up with criteria for them

idk what any of this means i just remember reading it so i think it's relevant
Yeah, we have basically talked to allow some kind of "dumps" in Mania but as much as we tried we couldn't come to some proper conclusion to be posted with this here.
This does not mean we dropped the topic!

We will continue talking about it until we finally find some proper way to do so!

Stuff that probably need's some re-wording:
  1. Timing points that produce teleports are permitted [...] -> Inherited Timing points that produce teleports are permitted [...]
Tofu1222
Oh great to see this is finally happening owo)b

Will take my time to go over it and see if I can suggest anything ;)
puxtu
Note that Easy difficulties MUST be present in a mapset for it to be rankable. "you start to know how to read and press simple patterns" is the mindset this difficulty follows.
happy April Fools everyone! \:D/
Mentholzzz
The current raking criteria said that " Single-mode mapsets must include a reasonable spread of at least two difficulties. The lowest difficulty cannot be harder than a Normal and it must comply with its respective mode’s difficulty-specific Ranking Criteria. " Wouldn't it cause a conflict ?
Also if this ranking criteria become real, the 2.00* diffculty rule will be gone , rite ?

Shield: A note which appears shortly after a long-note.
I think it should be either before and after.
show more