forum

Im losing my skill for Osu! :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NightlyDawn
Hey guys I've been playing Osu! for about 3 years now and I've realized the last 6 - 8 months that my ranks slowly going up, i cant fc songs that i fc'd like 1 year ago, i cant see any improvement. I take Osu! as a game not something you have to be the best at but its not really that fun when your losing ranks for nearly a year now. I'm buying a new tablet next week hoping that's where i see a bottleneck since my aim is the one that suffering but i really don't know what's happening. I vs'd this dude yesterday who was 180k and we were like equal but my pp plays from a year ago where like over double his (I'm 80k) do you guys have any tip of a solution to fix this, really making me lose interest in the game. :(
Kahvichi
Meaby take a break perhaps. Even tho im not even close to the same rank as you. taking an few days or even few weeks break will do good. Taking few days off from Osu did some good for me.

And what to play if not Osu. Play some other mode or just simply play stepmania or other similar games. Or you could just enjoy some SP games.
DemiTap
I'm a mania player, but I've experienced a similar conundrum. I've come across many people who are lower than me in rank who are generally better and visa versa.
I'm sure it's the same with STD, but just know that long term (like in monthly increments) you are always improving, even if it feels like you're getting worst. As long as you play consistently of course.
Sometimes you're just having an off day, or hell even week where you just feel utterly incompetent. But I can assure you, you're not getting worst. You're just not progressing as fast as you feel you are. Give it a couple months, and you'll look back on this and think "damn, I've gotten a lot better since then"
mulraf
i think that's pretty normal. at least i had that too several times and if you just play on then one day. boom. improvement. out of nowhere. that's how it is for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeletedUser_6869432
Did you fc those songs first try or after a hundred? If it's the later than you probably just built up muscle memory from playing the map, but if you can't FC songs you used to be able to fc on your first try you probably are having a bad day or somehow getting worse. Playing constistely is the most important thing but you should play more regardless. Just focus on playing and you will definitely improve.
DXPOHIHIHI

NightlyDawn wrote:

Hey guys I've been playing Osu! for about 3 years now and I've realized the last 6 - 8 months that my ranks slowly going up, i cant fc songs that i fc'd like 1 year ago, i cant see any improvement. I take Osu! as a game not something you have to be the best at but its not really that fun when your losing ranks for nearly a year now. I'm buying a new tablet next week hoping that's where i see a bottleneck since my aim is the one that suffering but i really don't know what's happening. I vs'd this dude yesterday who was 180k and we were like equal but my pp plays from a year ago where like over double his (I'm 80k) do you guys have any tip of a solution to fix this, really making me lose interest in the game. :(
3 years doesn't matter, your playtime is more important
Penguin
Everybody's been through this. Everybody has been in slumps before. It's honestly quite normal. Even if you feel as if you're not improving, keep playing and you will eventually. Everyone progresses at different rates. If you really feel zero progress, then maybe try switching things up. You said you bought a new tablet recently, so a change like that might help you. Try new skins. Try new maps that you haven't played before. Try playing for fun for a few weeks instead of playing for ranks/specifically for improvement. Maybe even try taking a break from osu! for a bit. You'll break your slump eventually and it will feel great.

mulraf wrote:

i think that's pretty normal. at least i had that too several times and if you just play on then one day. boom. improvement. out of nowhere. that's how it is for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
^ this very much
Nanachii

Penguin Sanchez wrote:

Everybody's been through this. Everybody has been in slumps before. It's honestly quite normal. Even if you feel as if you're not improving, keep playing and you will eventually. Everyone progresses at different rates. If you really feel zero progress, then maybe try switching things up. You said you bought a new tablet recently, so a change like that might help you. Try new skins. Try new maps that you haven't played before. Try playing for fun for a few weeks instead of playing for ranks/specifically for improvement. Maybe even try taking a break from osu! for a bit. You'll break your slump eventually and it will feel great.

mulraf wrote:

^ this very much
this guy knows
Meowcenaries
Take a week break and come back.