forum

How did you improve your speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KupcaH
You obviously played more.

Welp, I'm just interested in HOW exactly did you practice. Did you have any special "improvement" schedules? Or you just spammed through all fast maps? Or you did both? Or maybe you've done some rituals and sacrifices to someone?

My streaming speed is terrible. I can stream quite decently on <205bpm. I can do 5-16 note bursts 205-220bpm and everything higher than 220bpm just killing me.

And about single tapping... While sometimes I can single tap 240+ bpm quite comfortably, I usually struggle on consistent jumps 220bpm+ (starting to finger lock after 6-9 jumps).
Although, lately I've been trying to alternate and it works pretty good. So I'm not sure if I should focus on improving single tapping speed.

Thanks.
Momi help pls
Skidayo
I was here to ask this as well. someone please tell me too
I'm slowly losing speed (and all other skills) for 2 years now
Ninonuko
I'm personally just spammed through them, even put nf and got sub 80 acc on it with big '+' on ur, always aim to fc and acc progressively getting better.
My single tapping speed is bellow average I'd say, 200 bpm is the fastest I could tap comfortably but I could stream faster than that.
But since I'm currently stuck on fc'ing 230 bpm eiji kuinbi + dt, let's wait for a real speed player to talk ._.
arzi
I use McOsu with Timewarp mod( map speed increases to 150% over the length of the beatmap) and Full Alternate mod( pressing the same key twice in a row will result in a miss.
Akanagi
I think I improved fairly quickly at speed, and even though I'm not some kind of stream g0d, I stream / burst pretty much equally well on all BPMs. My singletapping is way faster and better than my 1/4 speed, though. (270-280ish)

It's hard to pin down the exact things that made you improve, but I did focus on speed quite a lot because I had certain maps I wanted to beat that required 240BPM singletapping and bursts.

The way I did it was to create a collection with high BPM maps around my range that weren't too demanding in terms of finger control, and play certain maps and most of their diffs several times throughout the day.
The maps I felt were the most helpful (and thus played a lot) were Kokou no Sousei 4* and 5* (both 3+x a day) and a lot of other Yousei Teikoku maps (Mesorogiwi, The Creator, Sacrifice, Asgard, Hades: The rise yadayada), 500 Tortures 4* which I felt was the best singletap practice in this game, and when I was close to finishing my session I'd spam Worldwide Choppers until I couldn't tap anymore and ended up fingerlocking due to fatigue.

For 500 tortures, WWC and Kokou I'd also replay them again and forced myself to use K1, and then I did it again for K2, because my normal playstyle is some bastardized singletapping where I shift between the dominant finger throughout the map, kinda singletapping but still ending up with something like 720/670.
I also believed that I'd never be able to develop the proper fingercontrol for val0108 maps, so I just forced myself to singletap them all (and I played them a lot back then).

While that was absolutely disgusting for my acc, I feel this also contributed to improving my speed because I'd just try to still play the BPM properly, which lead me to the conclusion that the common advice of "Slowly going up the BPM" is absolute BS if you really want to get fast quickly.

Getting fast is just related to working your fingers really really hard, and if you never force your fingers out of your comfort zone and start feeling the burn and finger locks you'll either never be able to play high BPM, or just take ages to get there.
I started in late february and was able to singletap and burst 240-250BPM~ around 3 months later, and I wasted an entire month being an alternator prior to that.

I still can't stream high BPM properly, but contrary to what seems to be popular belief high BPM isn't some seperate "being". The reason I can't stream high BPM properly (long streams that is) is that I can't stream regular BPM properly either.

As long as you have the speed and the reading, all the other things easily transfer over to high BPM, so the only thing that you have to practice is speed. Same applies to aim. I almost never played high BPM aim maps, but practiced a lot of regular aim maps / pp maps, and when I played maps like Highscore etc I was still able to play them comfortably.

Aim, Fingercontrol, reading of certain patterns all transfer over to high BPM and aren't a thing you have to exclusively practice again on high BPM maps. You don't have to spam ILY and Highscore to get good at high BPM aim maps, and you don't have to practice high BPM finger control when you already have finger control.
There are some occassions where skills don't seem to transfer because the map is really dense because of the high BPM but a lower AR, which can delude you into thinking you lack other skills when it's actually just the reading that's not good enough.

Anyway, TL;DR

I'd honestly just spam high BPM maps, preferably Yousei Teikoku because the AR is usually lower and you get better reading on dense maps that way. As I said my big favourite is Kokou no Sousei for that matter and 500 Tortures and maybe on the level you're at you could try Worldwide Choppers, too.
Zetsubo Plantation is really good if you want higher spacing and not just the closely packed singletaps, but I think you should minimize most other skills needed to play so you can concentrate fully on improving one thing (speed in that case)

Kokou no Souseis singletaps are very close so the aim aspect is diminished and it doesn't require any finger control, which puts way less strain and stress on you as you play and you can focus on your left hand and the required speed.
If you don't have speed for certain maps I wouldn't quit, I'd just try to go as fast as you can, even if your acc suffers from it.

Imo if you don't expose your fingers to higher speeds and harder, physical demand your body won't make the required changes you need to be able to play them.
Just play Yousei Teikoku and all the other maps mentioned throughout the day and b4 you quit your session and do it consistently every day or second day so your body actually starts developing speed.

It's just like anything else. If you just lift light weights your entire life, you still won't be able to lift heavy weights.

I wouldn't try to practice combined skills specifically, but I wouldn't try to avoid them either. As I said, I didn't really play high BPM aim stuff, but I was able to do so eventually because I practiced high BPM early, and when I finally practiced aim, I was simply able to do higher BPM jump maps. It was the same for bursts and streams for me. (I learned bursts early bcz Koko is full of them, though.)

Same reason why most people can't singletap 280 BPM, but most can atleast do 240BPM. They just never try to do it or force themselves to do it, so their body never made the necessary changes since they never had to go over 240BPM.

If you can alternate high BPM fine, that's one option, too.

edit: wasnt really tl;dr lul
E m i
i just played maps which were difficult to keep up on tapping-wise ;w;

singletap is way too easy to practice because it's easy to find a map that makes you tired in the arm

stream is not that easy but the only thing i can recommend is not just pushing it in ONE way and nothing else

if 220bpm is your max for like 15 notes, should you only play 225 and nothing else to push it up?

i don't think so, lower bpm with more notes and higher bpm with less notes all helps if you push yourself on all bpms

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxfn7avzwhbu ... 9.osz?dl=0
this map is the best practice ever every single bpm gives me a burn in a different way, after a different amount of time
- e - v - b-
personally i just played a shit ton of high bpm singletap maps and can now singletap up to like 290
Yyorshire
play mania
pandaBee
I didn't lul
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

While sometimes I can single tap 240+ bpm quite comfortably, I usually struggle on consistent jumps 220bpm+ (starting to finger lock after 6-9 jumps).
For starters you need to realize that this means you can't single tap 240 but only 220 bpm I can single tap 400bpm if it's mostly sliders and only few jumps here and there, heck anyone could do it

What works for me is starting out with low bpm (170) to get down the movement since my fingers go full retard at higher bpm if I'm not properly warmed up then go up in a way that you reach your limit when you are fully warmed up.

Where most people get stuck is this part. You need to push yourself really hard. Like I stream until I get so tired my fingers literally just won't move anymore, then I take a break of about 30 seconds and just repeat completely destroying my hand the speed training

Some people tend to get a bit tired and thing they are doing well, you need to really push yourself

tfw you don't have time to use your own advice ;(

Like we are talking about clicking circles here, what did you expect
Topic Starter
KupcaH
Alright, thanks guys.
kai99
imo anything above 200bpm feels like spasm, yakno? i personally think you need different hand position and maybe mech keyboard because lighter keys? im not sure
Deva

kai99 wrote:

mech keyboard because lighter keys? im not sure
I feel more comfortable streaming with black switches rather than reds. How do you explain that?
kai99

Deva wrote:

kai99 wrote:

mech keyboard because lighter keys? im not sure
I feel more comfortable streaming with black switches rather than reds. How do you explain that?
well but kupcah uses membrane. it's hard to get to the actuation itself because there's that resistant bump.
Deva

kai99 wrote:

well but kupcah uses membrane. it's hard to get to the actuation itself because there's that resistant bump.
what I meant is black switches are almost twice as hard to press as membrane ones
kai99

Deva wrote:

kai99 wrote:

what I meant is black switches are almost twice as hard to press as membrane ones
i have blacks and they arent that heavy
Deva
Doesn't change the fact that they are heavier than membrane keys
kai99
idk im bad at this game, i rarely have to stream over 190bpm
abraker

Yyorshire wrote:

play mania
play mania DT