forum

Tablet Purchase Guide for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
irasfirasf
i think that guide is hard, so ... i use any touchscreen device for osu ;_; >:(
_Friel_
I Need New pen for my tab ... i mean the tab is fine its like perfect but the pen thus fell of my table and it wont work !! can i like but only the pen ?? PPY pls reply :v
chore_gore
okay, this hardddd ><
Topless

GXNataNXG wrote:

I Need New pen for my tab ... i mean the tab is fine its like perfect but the pen thus fell of my table and it wont work !! can i like but only the pen ?? PPY pls reply :v
You can go to the manufacturer's website and most likely find the model of pen you have.
Lammet
Well it did not come to my door!
_Friel_

Topless wrote:

GXNataNXG wrote:

You can go to the manufacturer's website and most likely find the model of pen you have.
where is the websiteee pls give ... my pen is so broken now
Laika
Did anyone try this tablet in osu? It looks like it's simply a new generation of the belowed Wacom Intous tablets, so it should be good enough, right?
A Medic

estetika wrote:

Did anyone try this tablet in osu? It looks like it's simply a new generation of the belowed Wacom Intous tablets, so it should be good enough, right?

These are the New Line of tablets set to replace the ctl 480. So far there hasn't been a lot of exposure of them for osu.

Basically other people are waiting for others to buy it.
Riven is eu
I regret not buying the clt-480 two months ago,now I can't find it anywhere and there are 2 of those in amazon for some ridiculous prizes,any recommendations about something similar ?
A Medic

Riven is eu wrote:

I regret not buying the clt-480 two months ago,now I can't find it anywhere and there are 2 of those in amazon for some ridiculous prizes,any recommendations about something similar ?
You can still purchase ctl 480 from best buy / best buy (online version).

I would do so asap because they are starting to disappear.
A Medic

Riven is eu wrote:

Do you live in the US/UK

Try going to your Local Best buy or order it from Best Buy's site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wacom-intuo ... 059636636&
Riven is eu

A Medic wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

You can still purchase ctl 480 from best buy / best buy (online version).

I would do so asap because they are starting to disappear.
Thank you,really.I don't live in the US but I am going to order it online,thanks again !
EDIT:Nevermind it only ships in the US.
Tsumetai akuma
I use a Bamboo pad :P
nTrud3r
Heh, I'm better at osu! with my tablet (Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small) then I am at drawing.
Emayecue
I am still a bit confused about tablet purchase. I am actually considering getting one, because playing with a mouse is actually quite physically painful for me.

I didn't want to start another thread, I see there is many already, but I'm not too good with that kind of stuff, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain things to me smoothly.

I stumbled upon this guy's post : http://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blo ... ing-guide/
Who suggested this tablet: http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/ref=as_ ... 7MWG2AUVGI

But when I look at the size of it, roughly 2.2 X 4 inches, that sounds incredibly small.

For the same price, I could get the osu! tablet which seems to be roughly double in size.

In that guide, I noticed that the Osu tablet is not in the options, is there a reason to it?

Considering that I am a pretty casual player, with no real hopes of being competitive, the Osu! tablet seems like a fine pick, but since it's not in that guide, I'm wondering if there is something I don't quite understand yet.

Sorry for all these "noobish" questions, I just have no idea where I'm going with that, and I don't really want to make a mistake on my purchase either.

Looking forward to hear from anyone who would be interested in clarifying things for me. I'll check this thread again, but if you want to take it in PM, I would also much appreciate that.

Thank you.
Qenomo

Emayecue wrote:

I am still a bit confused about tablet purchase. I am actually considering getting one, because playing with a mouse is actually quite physically painful for me.

I didn't want to start another thread, I see there is many already, but I'm not too good with that kind of stuff, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain things to me smoothly.

I stumbled upon this guy's post : http://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blo ... ing-guide/
Who suggested this tablet: http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/ref=as_ ... 7MWG2AUVGI

But when I look at the size of it, roughly 2.2 X 4 inches, that sounds incredibly small.

For the same price, I could get the osu! tablet which seems to be roughly double in size.

In that guide, I noticed that the Osu tablet is not in the options, is there a reason to it?

Considering that I am a pretty casual player, with no real hopes of being competitive, the Osu! tablet seems like a fine pick, but since it's not in that guide, I'm wondering if there is something I don't quite understand yet.

Sorry for all these "noobish" questions, I just have no idea where I'm going with that, and I don't really want to make a mistake on my purchase either.

Looking forward to hear from anyone who would be interested in clarifying things for me. I'll check this thread again, but if you want to take it in PM, I would also much appreciate that.

Thank you.
Have a look at the CTL-480 or the CTL-490. The CTL-490 when I got it was not very optimized and I refunded it and got the CTL-480. It is a tablet which many people go for and has a nice area of 152mm x 95mm.
Emayecue

PheysHunt wrote:

Have a look at the CTL-480 or the CTL-490. The CTL-490 when I got it was not very optimized and I refunded it and got the CTL-480. It is a tablet which many people go for and has a nice area of 152mm x 95mm.
And what about the Osu! Tablet? http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/1

Why does not much people mention about it? Is it heavily inferior to the CTL-480 you mention about?
otoed1

Emayecue wrote:

PheysHunt wrote:

And what about the Osu! Tablet? http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/1

Why does not much people mention about it? Is it heavily inferior to the CTL-480 you mention about?
Osu! tablet goes out of stock frequently.
cmyui
Even if im a few years late, still a nice guide.. Nice job XD
Kiyoko
I've found a ridiculously cheap one by Wacom. Do you think it'd do the job?
kiyoemon

Kiyoko wrote:

I've found a ridiculously cheap one by Wacom. Do you think it'd do the job?
it'll do the job

no love for huion? i know the drivers suck and the build quality is nothing impressive, but the sheer price range is astounding. i picked up an 580 for $40 8x5in active area, with a pen, replacement nibs, driver cd and a manual. it works fine for art and excellent for osu!. the micro usb port is a bit wobbly though.
Riven is eu
Does anyone know if the new ctl-490 is good for osu! ? I still want to buy the ctl-480 but I can't find it anywhere except amazon on high prizes from untrusted salesmen.
Edit: By the way guys,what do you think about this?
DieOrYouWillDie
I am also interested in the CTL471 and CTL671, would they work for osu well?

And also, does the smaller workspace matter if I buy the smaller CTL471?
TakuMii
The Wacom One is just a region-specific rebranding of the Wacom Bamboo Pen (CTL-471), which was a pretty popular tablet for osu! back in its day, and should perform about the same as the Intuos.

Also, keep in mind that what Wacom calls "small" is the tablet that most people use for osu! (it's still bigger than the osu!tablet), so you shouldn't even bother with the medium size unless you're also planning on drawing.
Mr Meeseeks_old_1

Riven is eu wrote:

Does anyone know if the new ctl-490 is good for osu! ? I still want to buy the ctl-480 but I can't find it anywhere except amazon on high prizes from untrusted salesmen.
Edit: By the way guys,what do you think about this?
I'm a new osu player and I'm using a ctl 490 and its working very nicely for me so far. I would definitely recommend it
DeletedUser_1503728
Quick question about the osu!tablet (in case any owners in here have it or a Huion in general): do they come with batteries? If not, what batteries are needed?
Riven is eu

Luna Was Here wrote:

Quick question about the osu!tablet (in case any owners in here have it or a Huion in general): do they come with batteries? If not, what batteries are needed?
Triple A batteries
DeletedUser_1503728

Riven is eu wrote:

Luna Was Here wrote:

Triple A batteries
Thanks
Riven is eu
I just got the wacom one s tablet today,it's sexy af ! No problems whatsoever till now,but it's a little bit hard to get used to since I've been playing with mouse for so long,I can't do 4-5 star maps like I used to but everything takes time ...
Kyozoru
You don't get better using tablet lol
Nicola

Riven is eu wrote:

I just got the wacom one s tablet today,it's sexy af ! No problems whatsoever till now,but it's a little bit hard to get used to since I've been playing with mouse for so long,I can't do 4-5 star maps like I used to but everything takes time ...
You said it.. It takes time
Riven is eu

Riven is eu wrote:

my aim is wayyy better now with the tablet
Joseph124
Can someone recommend a good and not expensive tablet? Besides Osu! I want it for not professional drawing...
fb39ca4

Joseph124 wrote:

Can someone recommend a good and not expensive tablet? Besides Osu! I want it for not professional drawing...
You can buy a Huion 420, which is the same model as the osu!tablet, in plain black.

You can also buy an XP-Pen 430. It's a new product, but there is at least one osu! player who says it is good. This tablet has a lighter pen that does not need batteries.
aeoluz_old
What are good tablets that are cheap and good for beginners? Im level 11 with 88.63% accuracy and I think I may need a tablet. Also, how do you click with the tablet pen?
Deva

aeoluz wrote:

What are good tablets that are cheap and good for beginners? Im level 11 with 88.63% accuracy and I think I may need a tablet. Also, how do you click with the tablet pen?
You don't need a tablet. Play more.
pffff... who cares. I use wii controller to play osu.
Annex
I know this brand isn't often mentioned but i plan to buy the Xp-pen Star G430 or the Star 01.
Which one should i buy, both have 2048 pressure and 5080 lpi. Is the star 01 even compatible for osu?
I also am gonna graphic design and digital paint so i need it to be compatible with programs such as Sai and photoshop.
Aharu

aeoluz wrote:

Play more with mouse first.
Wagarasu_old

Agent_James wrote:

I know this brand isn't often mentioned but i plan to buy the Xp-pen Star G430 or the Star 01.
Which one should i buy, both have 2048 pressure and 5080 lpi. Is the star 01 even compatible for osu?
I also am gonna graphic design and digital paint so i need it to be compatible with programs such as Sai and photoshop.
I have the G430, I would definitely recommend it for osu...
I don't know if it works on photoshop, but it probably does.
show more