forum

Tablet Purchase Guide for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
MrBakpao

xasuma wrote:

Hi there,
I am a mouse player so far and I want to make the switch into a tablet.
I am between :

Wacom Intuos CTH 480 or Wacom Intuos CTL 480

Since I want to draw with it as well , I know the CTH 480 having an eraser and touch functionality would be better for that. But my question is: Will the touch functionality get in the way of osu? I mean, will it messed me up because it's picking up my hand or something other than the pen?.
My priority is osu, drawing comes after. So which one is better for osu ?

Please don't recommend another one since I am in a coutry where these are pretty much the only ones I can find other than the really expensive ones or cheap looking ones.

Thank you! ;)
i think you just need buy cth 480 if you need for osu and draw, but if you need just for osu ctll 480 is enough.
you can deactivated touch functionality if you use cth 480
DCinside
i was using G1

ill buy Tablet of osu!!!!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
totodile31
I also want to buy one but I cant decide between Wacom CTL471 and Huion W58. Which one is better? I only want it for osu.
tomopyon
osu tablet/Huion (H)420 owners, is your hover distance lower than the advertised 0.6"? Mine is more like 0.2".

Keep on losing combo over jumps >:(
Blueprint

tomopyon wrote:

osu tablet/Huion (H)420 owners, is your hover distance lower than the advertised 0.6"? Mine is more like 0.2".

Keep on losing combo over jumps >:(
I never had any problems while I owned 1 but I never got used to a full area either so I didn't have to move much at all
tomopyon

Blueprint wrote:

I never had any problems while I owned 1 but I never got used to a full area either so I didn't have to move much at all
I see. Maybe I have a defective unit? I have to drag over sliders :P
B1rd
http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Sign ... huion+h420

would ths be a good tablet to buy? I'm looking for a cheap tablet for osu!, nothing fancy, just something that works. Although the pen looks quite thick, would that be a problem?

or should I just get the one that everyone else's using?
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Conn ... oo+ctl+470
tomopyon

B1rd wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Signature-Digital-Cordless/dp/B00DM24HNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400556238&sr=1-1&keywords=huion+h420

would ths be a good tablet to buy? I'm looking for a cheap tablet for osu!, nothing fancy, just something that works. Although the pen looks quite thick, would that be a problem?

That's the one I'm using! It works pretty well-very responsive and well-sized active area for osu. The only thing that irks me is the low hover distance, but you get used to it. And it's cheap :P
Haruspex

tomopyon wrote:

B1rd wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Signature-Digital-Cordless/dp/B00DM24HNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400556238&sr=1-1&keywords=huion+h420

That's the one I'm using! It works pretty well-very responsive and well-sized active area for osu. The only thing that irks me is the low hover distance, but you get used to it. And it's cheap :P
Which one of the two you have? The Huion or the wacom bamboo?
Celi
I'm a mouse player so I know nothing about tablet. I want to buy a tablet for OSU! only. However, I don't know which to choose between Huion(H420 or other) and Wacom(CTL470,CTL480). Price is not an consideration for me. Can anyone tell me which should I pick?
B1rd

melcal05 wrote:

I'm a mouse player so I know nothing about tablet. I want to buy a tablet for OSU! only. However, I don't know which to choose between Huion(H420 or other) and Wacom(CTL470,CTL480). Price is not an consideration for me. Can anyone tell me which should I pick?
I got the CTL 480 and I think it's probably the best one by a small margin. at least some guy said so in this thread~ t/210318
hashlock
i got a CTL 470 and i just got the huion h420

i must say the huion feels more responsive and i can hover at a better distance.
(the driver of the huion tend not to conflict with windows contrary to the wacom one )

hope that helped (ps: think that huion is chiniese and you are not safe from a bad lot in my opinion)
rklamer
Looking for a tablet that works for osu! and is a good drawing tablet as well. Any advice? I read the tablet guide but it seems to be a bit dated in this regard -- then again, maybe used Intuos3 is still the way to go.
burtonboardr
I was looking to get a tablet on the low end of the price range. The ones linked in the guide do look good but I was just wondering, I went on the bamboo site and it is showing me a tablet just called "Bamboo pad" for $50 http://www.wacom.com/en/us/everyday/bamboo-pad-usb . Is this a different product and would it work ok? Also this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to use an actual tablet (like an ipad kindof tablet) with osu, plugged into the computer? I assume not but just thought I would throw that out there. And also what about the osu tablet thing http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/1
Mizuno Yui
Have no idea about Bamboo, but I have Huion H420. A bit small, cheap and quite satisfying as far as I'm concerned. It's similar to Osu! Tablet (I'm not sure whether 420 or H420 is used as a base for Osu! tablet)
tsumiki 0
Still wonder what the tablet it is ive seen guy got one but still .....
:?
Zuero
i have a genius mousepen 8x6, but i lost the pen so i cant use it

plan on getting a bamboo pen ctl-460 mostly for drawing, but i could try osu with it, and i found one for $38 :D
Frc
Then, the recommended choose for a tablet for playing osu! is the cheapest you can take? (of Wacom)
Riisho
Thanks for the tips!
TakuMii
Hey, I'm looking to replace my good ol' Bamboo Capture CTH-470 with something with a smaller footprint on my desk, and I noticed that the Bamboo Pad CTH-300 actually has drivers now (as of August). Does anyone own this tablet, and do the drivers give you the same flexibility as its bigger brothers? Thanks in advance.
RivenDaddy
More post plz. They are good thx for the tablet purchase guide
Infevo
I am still new to the game but I have plenty of mouse experience since I played all kinds of games with mouse my whole life. =]
Now I got a CTL480 a week ago. I felt really weird at first and I had trouble using it properly. But even though having had it for only 6 days now I am already better in terms of accuracy and speed. It gave me all the benefits I was hoping for.

-Hovering without any physical resistance creates a more reliable cursor movement
-Pen is lighter than my mouse so movement in general are comming out more instant
-Sweaty hands don't create an issue for me anymore since I don't have the interruption of a fluid motion on the mousepad anymore
-Pin point locating circles which was not always as easy with the mouse due to relative cursor movement
-Spinners are much easier and more fun with a pen.

I love it and won't ever go back.
Oni_old_1
Time to buy a tablet! :D
Aesthetic Goose
Is anyone using Wacom Bamboo Light? Is it worth the price?
BYEBYEosuRIP
What is the best tablet in term of reactivity ? I'm currently using the bamboo pen et the input lag is really huge...
leokiko
Is it possible to play on a tablet with one hand? My right hand is screwed up and I've been playing with the mouse so far.
GSG95

BYEBYEosuRIP wrote:

What is the best tablet in term of reactivity ? I'm currently using the bamboo pen et the input lag is really huge...

Just get the shiniest one you find.
casmith789
I want to buy an osu! tablet. Is there anywhere I can get one?

Store has been down for months and it always says "check back soon"
- Decim -
What are your opinion on the huion tablets that are around 30$ on amazon?Are they worth to buy ?
Gumpy

xDarkCryx wrote:

What are your opinion on the huion tablets that are around 30$ on amazon?Are they worth to buy ?
Yes it's worth it if it's just for osu
japanese maid
z
L Hime
Anyone has thoughts on the Viko pen tablet? I'm using it at the moment but since I have no experience with other tablets I don't really know.
japanese maid
z
legit2207

Lesjuh wrote:

Great guide! I wouldn't recommend buying a tablet just for osu! since it doesn't make alotta difference when you practice enough, and it's expensive. I'd say don't give up on mousing too early and don't be fooled by statements as "all good players are tablet players".

Ofcourse if you're very dedicated to the game, wouldn't mind missing some money and would like to try tabletting, by all means do get one \o/
Thats not true cuz i went from mouse to tablet and boy what a difference it also helped jus geting better at the game in generald b4 i couldnt even play hard songs with mouse now i do and insane on tablet
KFC Delivery
Is it worth it? D;
Yuudachi-kun
Tablets are completely worth it.
Seiga
I have an Intuos Pro Medium SE which I use with Photoshop.
Would it be overkill to use such a tablet for osu! ?
Gumpy

Somnio wrote:

If you have it already then no.
Seiga

Gumpyyy wrote:

Somnio wrote:

If you have it already then no.
Ye.
Let's hope using it wireless doesn't cause noticble input lag.
juha1523
Is big drawing tablet good choice for osu!? and i have some very cheap "Trust" drawing tablet but "aiming" to sliders and circles is so hard. i will buy large drawing tablet because then i have some space to there Oh s*it situtations xD But i ask your own experiences because i am pretty new in this game ;).
show more