Tablet Purchase Guide for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Naccer
I live in europe, and I cant buy the Splash or other products that were in OP's topic,

So my question is :

Is the Bamboo Pen and Touch as good as the 99 dollar equivalent Bamboo or is it totally different?
Also what is the difference between the Pen and touch and the Fun S pen and touch?

http://nl.shop.wacom.eu/Producten/Bamboo

Thanks in regards :)
Fivas
I purchased a 'Bamboo Pen' tablet yesterday. I hope it arrives soon!

It arrived! but I'm currently staying at my boyfriend's, so I won't be able to try it out until Saturday. I can post what I think about the tablet then if anyone is interested in buying that model.
Yousoro
What a wonderful guide explaining tablets! I may consider buying a tablet :)
Fivas
I've been using my tablet for a couple of days now and it hasn't exactly been a pleasant experience, I find it very difficult to get used to (which is understandable) and I've been noticing the cursor gets jittery when the pen nib comes into light or quick contact with the tablet. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
clericlaw
- Korean Kiwi -
I should save my money for a tablet now...
The Lolian
I just recent;y purchased a Bamboo Pen & Touch 3rd Gen (I think it's a Connect).

It is my first time using something like this so bear with me... I'm not certain whether i should be hovering over the touchpad when playing a map or dragging with the pen and what is the ideal playing area on the touchpad.

Any experienced users with time to help out will be much appreciated thanks
MMzz

LLOsu wrote:

I just recent;y purchased a Bamboo Pen & Touch 3rd Gen (I think it's a Connect).

It is my first time using something like this so bear with me... I'm not certain whether i should be hovering over the touchpad when playing a map or dragging with the pen and what is the ideal playing area on the touchpad.

Any experienced users with time to help out will be much appreciated thanks
Hover, it might feel weird for a bit but it is very worth it. Allows you to move faster and puts less wear and tear on your tablet/pen nibs.
The Lolian
I guess you have a point, just the fact that using a pen from using a mouse is a massive step got to have wrist movements and i've always had problems holding pens weirdly as a child

Just a few games using it is tough to get used, i guess practice makes perfect!
theowest
does anyone have any clue when a new bamboo tablet model might be coming out? prediction that is. it's been a while since the latest generation came out.
RBRat3

theowest wrote:

does anyone have any clue when a new bamboo tablet model might be coming out? prediction that is. it's been a while since the latest generation came out.
A little ambitious for the same 10 year old tablet in a new wrapper :P

They'll push another one out when they find a decent whistle & bell to bolt onto it. It was mostly about wireless this time around.
Androgynous
Does anyone write with their left hand but use their mouse with the right? Or vice-versa. Because I do, and I'm unsure of whether to get a tablet. My rhythm sucks with my right hand, so pressing Z/X is going to be difficult if I have to use the stylus with my left hand. For those that have a different mouse-hand to their pen-hand, which hand do you use your tablet stylus with?

Sorry if that's confusing, I don't think I can word it any better.
zerod
nice guide :O
Karuta-
Will I be able to hover my pen with the bamboo splash?

by hovering I meant around 1cm
TakuMii

Androgynous wrote:

Does anyone write with their left hand but use their mouse with the right? Or vice-versa. Because I do, and I'm unsure of whether to get a tablet. My rhythm sucks with my right hand, so pressing Z/X is going to be difficult if I have to use the stylus with my left hand. For those that have a different mouse-hand to their pen-hand, which hand do you use your tablet stylus with?

Sorry if that's confusing, I don't think I can word it any better.
I'm a lefty who uses my right for the mouse, and I got a tablet in March. My left hand is still faster with Z/X than my right hand is with Num1/Num2, but I've made considerable improvement in the past few months. I have my mouse DPI at exactly double my tablet area, and as of right now my accuracy on both are about equal (but the tablet is a bit more consistent). I researched and got a zero-acceleration mouse so the difference between them aren't as big (aside from the feel), but assuming you have a more basic mouse or a laser mouse, you'll notice a big boost in accuracy with the tablet once you get used to it.
kuigliii
It doesn't matter if you're using a Pen&Touch or a normal 'Pen' tablet when playing osu! right? (Wacom Bamboo)
TakuMii

kuigliii wrote:

It doesn't matter if you're using a Pen&Touch or a normal 'Pen' tablet when playing osu! right? (Wacom Bamboo)
The "Touch" feature is multitouch with your fingers. Since you'll be using the pen when playing osu!, it won't matter. (My Bamboo Capture is a Pen&Touch tablet, and TBH I've disabled the multitouch feature because I never use it).
LTTP
Also I just started osu, if I do end up getting a tablet, it will more then likely be Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Touch Tablet
Thanks OP!
zozozofun
Wacom Bamboo Pen CTL-470, just that.
Kanegae
I play CTB quite often, but never played osu!standard, really. This month I played a little of it, but I hate playing it with the mice/mouse, and I love playing in my cousin's android tablet... So, thanks for the guide, looking forward about buying one.
show more