forum

Putting our beatmaps in Graveyrad ourselves. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I left my old beatmap to be graved, but I been for for 3 months until it goes to Graveyard.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24043 It's almost four months since I updated it, and now I quit because it's a lack of good HQ of the video and sound.

You can support of y'all like.

Thank ya.
Sakura
There was a post in 3 weeks ago, i deleted that, let's see if it graves now.

As for the feature request, Not supporting, the graveyard counter is there so people dont submit maps that they dont plan on getting ranked, since there's a pending limit.
If you want to give up on a map, PM a BAT instead to lock the thread to prevent people from posting in it.
dvorak_old
enable lock-self-topic in pend/wip is once tested before, but need implementation to allow user to unlock self topic.

I'm bit unsure, but I think unlock self topic by user is in to do list with low priority afaik.
Please be patient.
Soaprman
This would be cool to have. Don't really want to lock the thread since I still want people to be able to post in it, but being able to forcibly grave it would be great.

That said, I could see this being rejected because it kind of lets users skirt the upload slots restriction. I hope that isn't the case though!
LunarSakuya
I like this idea! But I think it'll only work if everyone has the responsibility to balance out their map slots, etc. lol
Weez
would be soooo abused, it would just use up more space for no reason. The current system works just fine, as Sakura said get a BAT to lock it. Doesn't take that much time at all, just a simple click and tadaaaaa.
Sakura

Weezy wrote:

would be soooo abused, it would just use up more space for no reason. The current system works just fine, as Sakura said get a BAT to lock it. Doesn't take that much time at all, just a simple click and tadaaaaa.
Actually 2 clicks: "Lock thread" > "yes"

Edit: Anyways, yeah graveyarding your own maps would defeat the purpose of the graveyard counter, your map didnt graveyard because it had a post in it that was early, they graveyard on either last update, or last post, whichever is most recent, and 1 month after that, so if u really want to grave it ask a BAT to lock the thread if you're scared of people posting for no reason.

As you can see after i deleted the 3 week old post your map got graveyarded already anyways so there's no more problem there, just make sure to wait out 1 month after either last post or last update (whichever's most recent) but this feature of graveyarding your own maps i'm pretty sure it goes against what peppy had intended with the 1 month wait, so denying.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I understood it and I didn't notice when I made this...
Shohei Ohtani
Hasn't this been suggested like, 20-30 times before?

But yeah, I'm pretty sure someone told me that maps aren't meant to just be graveyarded. Otherwise there'd be people like me who would shove all of their WIP insanes into the graveyard and never revive them ever, causing a large amount of server load and stuff~.