forum

Powerpoint Osu: Class Project Help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kankariko
Hello, everyone, I am a large fan of Osu! (Like everyone else here) and I decided to make a game HEAVILY based off of it, due to a class project we were assigned: Make a Powerpoint game.

But I need some help.

I have managed to successfully create a hitcircle, along with the timing circle around it to shrink. I've also set an animation so it registers as a "Hit" if you time it within the 50 point range but a miss if it's anything earlier. But I run across problems while trying to input a miss icon if you don't hit it at all. You see, upon clicking correctly, the miss icon appears a bit later, as if I didn't hit the circle at all.

I want to make it so if you hit the hitcircle at the right time, the miss doesn't appear at all.

Is anyone particularly skilled at Powerpoint here that can help?

Contained in the attachment is the hitcircle WITHOUT the miss if you don't click on it.

Download: helpplz.pptx
Mara

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
Corin

LunaticMara wrote:

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
FisHie_old

LunaticMara wrote:

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
UnderminE
I'm so pro at using PP but..

FisHie wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

Stopped reading there.
Mercurial
Stop post and read here and do it your homework.
Rii_old_1
What a coincidence, I happen to be a game designer.
but...

FisHie wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
can't help you now, blame FisHie ^^
dkun

LunaticMara wrote:

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
I fucking lol'd
Jarby
I'd like to call you all out for being massive cunts to someone just trying to do their school work. Yeah.
Jinxy

Jarby wrote:

I'd like to call you all out for being massive cunts to someone just trying to do their school work. Yeah.
I was going to but I noticed he posted in OT. His fault
Crakila
BRB making paper planes in Publisher!
James2250
Will move to General Discussion and see if you have more luck there

(Also why are people making games in powerpoint)
ouranhshc
looks interesting *downloads*
Hika
You can make a game in powerpoint? The shit.
RemmyX25

James2250 wrote:

Also why are people making games in powerpoint

Hika wrote:

You can make a game in powerpoint? The shit.
Yea my teachers made game shows and such out of power point, it was kind of interesting.
mathexpert

RemmyX25 wrote:

teachers made game shows and such out of power point, it was kind of interesting.
yeah, you can make jeopardy n' stuff but a rhythm game? Sounds like a stretch to me..

anyways, good luck ;), can't help you though :|
Ekaru

kankariko wrote:

Hello, everyone, I am a large fan of Osu! (Like everyone else here) and I decided to make a game HEAVILY based off of it, due to a class project we were assigned: Make a Powerpoint game.

But I need some help.

I have managed to successfully create a hitcircle, along with the timing circle around it to shrink. I've also set an animation so it registers as a "Hit" if you time it within the 50 point range but a miss if it's anything earlier. But I run across problems while trying to input a miss icon if you don't hit it at all. You see, upon clicking correctly, the miss icon appears a bit later, as if I didn't hit the circle at all.

I want to make it so if you hit the hitcircle at the right time, the miss doesn't appear at all.

Is anyone particularly skilled at Powerpoint here that can help?
If you're only doing one hit circle per a slide (actually, you could probably do this even if you were using multiple circles per a slide):

Make it so that the "Miss" icon shows up after a certain amount of time. Then, remake the "Hit" icon so it both has a solid BG and is bigger than the "Miss" icon. Also, make this new "Hit" icon on a higher layer than the "Miss" icon, and make it last until the end of the slide after it's made (or just make it last longer than the "Miss" icon). Finally, position the "Hit" icon over the "Miss" icon. If the player hits the hit circle correctly, then they'll see the "Hit" icon and not the "Miss" icon because it's covered up by the "Hit" icon. If they miss, then they will only see the "Miss" icon because there's no "Hit" icon to cover it up. If you don't have the icons disappear after a certain amount of time, then they will after you move onto the next slide.

That should be able to work in powerpoint. There's probably a more "correct" method out there, but this should also work if you do it right. It's been like 3 years since I've taken these sorts of classes, though, so it might not work. It's wortha shot though.
Topic Starter
kankariko
Managed to screw around with the animations, and triggers, and managed to to fill a slide with 300+ images and animations for a one minute long song.

Never doing this again.

LunaticMara wrote:

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
This made me crack up.
Haseo_old

LunaticMara wrote:

kankariko wrote:

Make a Powerpoint game.
Stopped reading there.
[DG2L]YungYeezy

kankariko wrote:

Hello
Started reading there.

kankariko wrote:

Powerpoint
Left the thread there.
Shellghost
And then you came back to bandwagon the joke?