forum

Ducktales: Old or New?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I prefer the new version, not cause I'm too young, I just feel the Felicia Barton version has better vocals and the tempo increase the original could've really benefitted from.

I'm curious to year y'all's thoughts on this
Achromalia
I'm not really sure. I think I'd lean toward the new version.

The animation of the old one wasn't exactly clear or pristine like the new the one is. Despite that, the old one seems to bring out more of... something. I dont really know, it's hard to find the words to describe it.

I think the song for the newer version is a lot better.

(edit: going over them side-by-side, I think the old one is actually still pretty good.)
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Xuequinox wrote:

I'm not really sure. I think I'd lean toward the new version.

The animation of the old one wasn't exactly clear or pristine like the new the one is. Despite that, the old one seems to bring out more of... something. I dont really know, it's hard to find the words to describe it.

I think the song for the newer version is a lot better.

(edit: going over them side-by-side, I think the old one is actually still pretty good.)
But dual mixing them could solve both problems, or putting the old vocals over the new instrumental
Achromalia
I don't think it's the vocals, even the old vocals didn't fit well, and they wont fit with the new instrumental, I'm referring to animation, not the song.

Except if we mix them, the continuity in the quality of each aspect is broken. It doesnt feel right anymore.
Buster
Old ver because it gives nostalgia for kids in the late 80's or early 90's.
New ver because it has possibe continunity (just like gravity falls) and the tone setting is really nice, plus it possibly considered to be the greatest revivals on cartoon history (other than the hey arnold, rocko's modern life and invader zim revival as tv movies on nick)

Overall i think both the original and reboot are great but its just my opinion.