forum

Solved Input lag for most popular Wacom and Huion tablets

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
Small bump, for visibility because idk what is the chance to pin this.
The Gambler

[Taiga] wrote:

Small bump, for visibility because idk what is the chance to pin this.
Best request a mod to do just that...
vicstar
Literally the best thing for my 490.

I've always used my tablet to draw and stuff, but tried it for osu once and couldn't take the latency.

Apparently, some tablets have a lot of smoothing that they do, which adds extra latency.

These drivers are phenomenal. They also squish bugs really quickly, and if you have any issues, report them.
Semaphia
As someone who picked up a tablet last week (I believe it's a CTL490), it seems there's no reason not to try this out :)

Downloaded, but I'm unsure on what exactly I need to uninstall. The Github link just says uninstall the old drivers, but software wise I also have Wacom Tablet Properties & Wacom Desktop Centre installed. What exactly should I be getting rid of? Sorry for the newbiness.

Edit: Uninstalling the drivers removed both of the above anyway, so yeah, I'm good to go. Will post some feedback as a new tablet & newbie osu! player, so maybe others in my situation will have a lil bit more information to go forward with.

Edit 2: Fixed.
Semaphia
So, my thoughts after a week on the new drivers...

Leia wrote:

Literally the best thing for my 490.

I've always used my tablet to draw and stuff, but tried it for osu once and couldn't take the latency.

Apparently, some tablets have a lot of smoothing that they do, which adds extra latency.

These drivers are phenomenal. They also squish bugs really quickly, and if you have any issues, report them.

Pretty much exactly this. I was only using a tablet for a week on the stock Wacom drivers before swapping to these, and the effect was immediately noticeable. I tried going back to the Wacom drivers today just to make sure it wasn't some sort of placebo effect, & it's most definitely not.

I'd also like to add how easy it is to copy your exact settings over from the Wacom drivers. The UI for that is identical in both aesthetic & number values, so it's very simple.

Would recommend 100% for someone like myself who's new to tablet.
Chintam
I have a h420 and I just played a few maps with these new drivers.

I think there's a difference but it's hard to tell whether it's because there is or because I want there to be a difference. The difference might be obvious once I try the old ones again so I can compare though.
Xem
This thing is crazy. It really removes input-lag from the CTL-490, which was pretty annoying for me at least. I used to drag, then hover and got used to the latency, then go back to drag cause aim. It's very noticiable in the few minutes you play with those drives. 10/10

Recommended to everyone owning this one not-so-good-for-playing-osu! tablet.
Wishes
Been using these drivers for about a week with my Huion H420 and I have to say, it's so much better than the default drivers. The new version of Huion's driver is pretty crappy, so I'd been using the old version that Toy linked ages ago. I thought those drivers already had no input lag, but after using these drivers the movement feels better than ever. Takes some getting used to though, not sure if it's removed some kind of input smoothing or what but the movement is slightly different causing me to shit-miss all over the place before I got used to it. The only bad thing is there's no way to program the buttons on the tablet with this driver.

Definitely recommend all Huion H420 users to try these drivers out.
Nyuburi
this is so gooooood. using xp-pen g430 and i really sense the input lag is less than the given drivers (the new drivers for the tablet suck really bad as i can't even set my active area properly)

also i can now disable clicking of the pen tip yeSSSSSSS

thanks for this matey
Masternji
Been using for hours only but its really great the latency is removed! though I leave the notes early now, i'll need to get accustomed to no input lag.
Mio Winter
Following just in case Wacom Intuos 3 support is added in future : D
Semaphia
Where's the place to post for help with these drivers?

They were working flawlessly on my QHD display, but I picked up a second monitor to use as a high refresh gaming display, but no matter what I try, getting the driver to play nice doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's because the monitors are different resolutions (2560x1440 & 1920x1080), but even when I swap the 2560x1440 monitor to 1920x1080, it's still undoubtedly not how I've set it, despite the Wacom area being identical.

Here's my settings: https://i.imgur.com/MMEWOc3.png

For some reason, the entire area is bigger than before, regardless of whether both are 1080p or not. Changing which is the primary display doesn't help either. Nothing in the FAQ was of help, sadly.
xddddddddddd_old_1
mangoba

xddddddddddd wrote:

https://gyazo.com/f7ae2d17a21ff5b970e0e4349ebb9297
the shaking is insane

that is to be expected because wacom drivers have this thing called “smoothing”, which can make your cursor smoother but it adds input lag, these drivers remove smoothing which means even tiny movements are registered.
Aegyo
RDK312
i use huion h420 with hawku driver but still have 8ms latency. some one know how to fix that?
RatSM
cool
Rynnavinx
The installation instructions are literally right there on the page. And did you clone from github? Because you're supposed to download from the download link, which is also literally right there on the page
Sun Liang

-Makishima S- wrote:

https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver

Custom drivers from hawku.

Long story short, small review with insight of my past gameplay:

My old setup were always stock wacom drivers. I didn't care about which one were better or worse, didn't feel any difference. My whole gameplay was based on wacom drivers prediction and smoothing. Additionally, this 2 thing was crippling my high bpm aiming for some weird reason. Next is that wacom drivers was colliding with my keyboard for unknown reason - creating tap input lag when my pen touched surface, tested in several ways, always same issue - random microlag, but noticable (and I was curious why sometimes I cannot get high acc on practically easy to acc DT maps).

Yesterday, I got hands on this drivers, played a bit with them, checked source code, analyzed it and honestly - Hawku achieved something amazing here. Created drivers which contain basic implementation of necessary functions while main priority is placed on movement.
Honestly - I just realized HOW MUCH I was supporting my garbage skill with prediction, smoothing and how BIG difference is to play with literally instant reaction from tablet. At breaks I even saw my hand shaking a little, tiny cursor shake which I never saw on wacom drivers. Well, lets get into core, shall we?

Installation: Easy - uninstall old drivers and software, unpack drivers in good location (core software is not installed or moved, just drivers), run GUI to activate drivers - done. One downside what I see is that I need to have GUI open all the time. Small downsize, perfectly acceptable for what they give. Before installation I recommend you to make a screenshot of your old settings if You don't play "Full screen - Full area".

Responsivnes: Perfect in my opinion. I don't feel any artificial lag or jumps. Hover height is a bit low, which makes me often create a "touchscreen type" jump (due I always rise pen and touch surface while jumping) so for hovering player it will be definitely new experience and force them to learn new height. Dragging is perfect. Cursor respond on every even little movement, even on your hand shake. There is no smoothing and no prediction which makes cursor "slow down at the end of initiated movement". When moving from screen edge to the edge, I noticed it sometimes tend to "bounce" cursor from the edge and place it 0,5-1mm in reverse side. Nothing really disturbing, noticed this while testing, never on gameplay. In general - fucking good job for work.

Affection for skillset and gameplay: If you are like me - always played on stock drivers with every shit on, you are gonna have hard time to get used to new inputlag-less movement. This drivers FORCE perfect movement. Aim speed is noticable.

CTL-490: Probably most important information for everyone - both: dragging and hovering is the same, inputlag-less. Tested on friend tablet, personally, just a little difference between my 480 but noticed this mostly on response tests. In general, Hawku saved your damn ass, mainly hover players. Same issue with hover height, it is small.

My score: 9 out of 10, Install script doesn't create a shortcut in autostart for GUI.
Definitely give it a try.

Credits to friend of mine, Aegyo for giving me info about this drivers.

So basically, I'm ancient now. I have been using the CTL-490 for 3 years and just when I thought I should get a new tablet and I bumped into this thread while searching LOL. Definitely worth a try or else I will need to buy a new one LOL

Edit: It works, like a whole new world haha, thanks a lot <3
Aulven
I couldn't agree more this driver is much better than the official drivers imo