forum

How to relief RSI and the do's and don't

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alexander911
How to relief yourself from RSI.

Have anyone of you had RSI before?

And if you're asking, I got RSI from pushing myself so hard xD.

I got better at 3 or some 4 stars map from playing the game around 7 hours straight without knowing it's consequences. Like having RSI which i fucking had right now..
Genjuro
go to the doctor and he will help you!
E m i
step 1: use the RSI'd area less

okay that's it

if you want to know more intricate details a doctor will tell them to you for your specific case and based on your specific case if they're smart 8-)
Comfy Slippers
http://www.rsihelp.com/12-myths-about-rsi.html

a solid article tackling some stuff regarding RSI, might help
kai99
19 hours and rsi wtf
Topic Starter
Alexander911

kai99 wrote:

19 hours and rsi wtf
well, i've got RSI from pushing myself harder.

playing this game without any breaks unless i S a map.
and if you did stalk my account, you'd notice that in 30 days of playing, my rank is boosting up. >Check my Historical. You'll see how much effort and risk i've done to deserve this RSI.
pandaBee
You should have warmed up your wrists. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Fxjlk
1. Lower cortisol levels (stress hormone)
2. Eat enough, get plenty of rest
3. Sleep more
4. Lightly massage and shake out your hands and forearms
5. Do light exercise
6. Play a few easy maps at first to warm up your hands
7. Push your limits but know them well so you don't loose improvement speed by overdoing it
kai99

Alexander911 wrote:

kai99 wrote:

19 hours and rsi wtf
well, i've got RSI from pushing myself harder.

playing this game without any breaks unless i S a map.
and if you did stalk my account, you'd notice that in 30 days of playing, my rank is boosting up. >Check my Historical. You'll see how much effort and risk i've done to deserve this RSI.
o man a solid 300pp what a lad o .. . .
loveleft
try using more of your arm and less of your wrist, and take a break if it starts hurting
Ideal
i doubt you have rsi, just a bit of wrist pain. take a break or something.
DXPOHIHIHI
Keep your arm rested (not floated)

you will notice a huge difference in your endurance
Kondou-Shinichi
i think sleep more helps dude

usually gamers dont sleep enough

big problem bro

playing stream map doesnt cause rsi, its a misconception btw
it really depends on the posture of your arm, your hand etc i think
DXPOHIHIHI

loveleft wrote:

try using more of your arm and less of your wrist, and take a break if it starts hurting :s
Lol don't you think that's the exact opposite?

I never got RSI ever from using only my wrist
kai99
i got pain from putting strain on wrist but never rsi
this thread is fucking bullshit
chip dinner
Stretch your fingers and don't rest your wrist on the table. I can easily play all day w/o any discomfort, but as soon as I play any game where I rest my wrist on the desk instead of floating it in the air my carpel tunnel comes back.
Topic Starter
Alexander911

kai99 wrote:

that's your side anyways mate, i'll explain how this fucking pain in my hand is

It's burning, it feels it's numbing, it feels weak, It's fucking uncomfortable even if i don't play OSU or not.

I've asked alot of people in /r/osugame what is this fucking pain i'm experiencing,only to find out it's fucking RSI.

Well what do you expect, my hand was totally tired from 7 hours of playing again and again a fucking map.But i never gave it a break or a rest.

Before you say this thread is bullshit, how about you try playing a 5 stars map again and again and not giving your hand any type of rest.
Topic Starter
Alexander911

asneakyfatcat wrote:

Stretch your fingers and don't rest your wrist on the table. I can easily play all day w/o any discomfort, but as soon as I play any game where I rest my wrist on the desk instead of floating it in the air my carpel tunnel comes back.
That's what i've been doing since i have my RSI, if i stretch my fingers, I hear or even feel that something crackled in my hand, especially if i make a fist.

I don't know what just happen but i've been doing alot of fist and stretching in fingers outside osu, Because its so uncomfortable as hell.
pandaBee
Relieve*
kai99

Alexander911 wrote:

kai99 wrote:

that's your side anyways mate, i'll explain how this fucking pain in my hand is

It's burning, it feels it's numbing, it feels weak, It's fucking uncomfortable even if i don't play OSU or not.

I've asked alot of people in /r/osugame what is this fucking pain i'm experiencing,only to find out it's fucking RSI.

Well what do you expect, my hand was totally tired from 7 hours of playing again and again a fucking map.But i never gave it a break or a rest.

Before you say this thread is bullshit, how about you try playing a 5 stars map again and again and not giving your hand any type of rest.
lmao . . . .. i play 6 stars map for 7 hours too and even though i put shit amount of pressure on my wrist i never got rsi, you are WEAK
i usually play 5.5-6* every time i play and i used to play around 7 hours every day too it was the biggest improvement around my time
Fxjlk

kai99 wrote:

lmao . . . .. i play 6 stars map for 7 hours too and even though i put shit amount of pressure on my wrist i never got rsi, you are WEAK
i usually play 5.5-6* every time i play and i used to play around 7 hours every day too it was the biggest improvement around my time
Haha relax dude, hes a new player so 7 hours for them is like 14 for you.

Getting rsi doesn't make you weak.
kai99

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

kai99 wrote:

Haha relax dude, hes a new player so 7 hours for them is like 14 for you.
this mathematically makes no sense
Fealthas
Seriously this is just another "i want attention" kind of thread. You have 23 hours played max plays on a map is 67 and "try playing 5* map over and over without taking any break"? Like excuse me, but when i check your history, the hardest diff i see is "hard", which can be maybe up to 3.5*? Thats all the way down to 19 replays after which its really not "over and over" but just casual playing. It wouldnt hurt to stop bullshting people around here with you having RSI after that, i aint buying sorry buddy.
kai99

Fealthas wrote:

Seriously this is just another "i want attention" kind of thread. You have 23 hours played max plays on a map is 67 and "try playing 5* map over and over without taking any break"? Like excuse me, but when i check your history, the hardest diff i see is "hard", which can be maybe up to 3.5*? Thats all the way down to 19 replays after which its really not "over and over" but just casual playing. It wouldnt hurt to stop bullshting people around here with you having RSI after that, i aint buying sorry buddy.
man he says he has rsi FOR SURE man
Fxjlk

kai99 wrote:

this mathematically makes no sense
By the laws of thermodynamics your post makes no sense either.

Does that mean its wrong? Maybe...
Deva

Alexander911 wrote:

how about you try playing a 5 stars map again and again and not giving your hand any type of rest.
Isn't that like the definition of stamina training that literally EVERYONE does? Just with 6 and 7* instead of 5 lel

You ain't got no RSI. Rest for a week and the pain will go away.

Alternatively go to a doctor so he could tell you that you are a retard and that you shouldn't strain yourself so much.

You could have all your bones broken and play 2* maps all day and still not get RSI lmao
vicstar
just because you played a lot in one day, and your muscles are not used to it, giving you pains, does not mean you have RSI lol

just take a break if your fingers/wrist/hands start to hurt

if you actually have RSI go to a doc~~
show more