forum

[Open Beta] Tosurnament: Discord bot for simplified tournament management

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spartan Plume

Hi !

I introduce you Tosurnament, a Discord Bot that, once set up, will make the management of your tournament easier if you are using Google Sheets!

This post has a better rendering on the new site.

Since I like the design used by oneplusone for his thread, I will use the same. :D

The bot is for now in Open Beta, so some bugs are to be expected. To report a bug or leave a suggestion, please use this thread or the GitHub issues.

Even though the bot is in Open Beta, the more tournaments use it, the easier it will be for me to fix bugs and improve it.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me on Discord (Spartan Plume#5172).

Some features

1. Give roles: The bot can give appropriate roles to a player if he is in the spreadsheet. So hosts does not have to give the roles anymore!
  2. Verification: If you set it up, you can force users to link their osu! account to their discord account to join you guild.
  3. Staffs can take/drop matches to referee/stream/commentate: The staff can take/drop matches, this allows for the spreadsheet to stay private/not be modified by mistake.
  4. List of matches: Players and Staffs can use a command so that the bot dm them a list of their matches. It also specifies if you have to play, referee, stream or commentate.
  5. Reschedules: A team/player can ask for a reschedule to their opponent. If the reschedule is successful, the referee who was supposed to referee the match will be alerted!

For more information, you can check the wiki here: https://github.com/SpartanPlume/Tosurnament/wiki
Mamba_old_1
Looks really great! Will try it on my next 8-15k tournament :’)
Deadpulse
Thanks <3
Misery
PoggerChamperino.
Kasumi-sama
god fucking bless you
Topic Starter
Spartan Plume

Hi!

I will do a monthly update on my project to show you what I'm doing and what I will do.

This month, I worked on the web interface. Since I don't have any knowledge in the web and that I'm not in vacation anymore, it takes me a lot of time.

For now, I only have a basic interface that will allow you to change the principal settings of a tournament.

At first, when the web interface will be released, the spreadsheet settings will not be available, as it is a really heavy setting to implement.

What is missing before having a functionnal web interface is:
  1. Connection with discord
  2. Add every possible settings
  3. Minimal design

If you want to see the code for the web interface, you can see it on GitHub.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me on Discord (Spartan Plume#5172).
Topic Starter
Spartan Plume

Hi!

This month, I continued to work on the web interface. However, as I was really busy with my school, I couldn't advance as fast as I would have wanted.

It is now possible to login with a Discord account. It will retrieve the list of guilds you are in and allows you to choose a guild where you have a tournament created. All settings are now available, except the spreadsheet settings.

The next steps are:
  1. Handle errors from Discord in the backend
  2. Better connection system between frontend and backend
  3. Show errors in the frontend
  4. Better interface

Topic Starter
Spartan Plume

Hi!

The web interface is now online! Click here, log in and then you can change the settings of your tournament!

The website is still in construction but functionnal.

As I said previously, you can't modify the players and schedules spreadsheets in the web interface. This will be the next implementation but it will take some time to have something user-friendly.

If you have any problems or questions, do not hesitate to contact me on Discord (Spartan Plume#5172).
Topic Starter
Spartan Plume
Hello, been a while,

The bot got some updates as some people might know, since I continued working on the bot a little. Some new features than can be interesting:

1. Verification in the guild: it relies on user linking their osu! account to their discord account. It uses osu! api v2 Oauth
  2. Qualifiers spreadsheet support
  3. Registration support for single bracket/single player tournaments
  4. More configuration for range settings
  5. Internationalization support: you can add translations to any language by contributing to the GitHub repository
  6. More stability
  7. Frequent backups
  8. Match notifications (also for qualifier lobbies)
For now, the website to update the settings is down, but the wiki for the bot has been updated: https://github.com/SpartanPlume/Tosurnament/wiki

The next step is to have a dashboard up again for ease of use.

If you have any requests, issues or questions, do not hesitate to dm me on Discord (Spartan Plume#5172).