forum

How to play at high AR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeKroMan4ik
I want to play 3* maps with HR, but usually they have >9AR, but I can't play maps with >8AR. How to play them well?
Shibo
Download practice maps from the osu website that are dedicated to hard rock training, or do what I did and start off playing with hard rock on lower difficulties such as 2-2.5 stars. You will slowly see an increase in skill and that's how I got used to hard rock after a substantial amount of time. That's just my opinion of course, do what fits you best!
abraker
At some point if you play enough ability to do higher AR just clicks in.
My gradual increase took about 2 years, doing so:

8.0 AR : AR 8 No mod
8.4 AR : AR 6 HR
9.0 AR : AR 9 No mod
9.3 AR : AR 9.3 no mod
9.6 AR : AR 9.6 no mod
9.8 AR : AR 7 HR
10 AR : AR 10 no mod

AR 10 is still a struggle on me on bad days. I can't do 10.3, and 11 is omg
Akanagi
Forget about HR and just play everything that is in your difficulty range regardless of AR.

If you are really stubborn you can filter maps for AR, OD, length etc by using the >, <, and = commands when you search for maps. HR early just gimps you and contrary to what people seem to believe HR on 2*-3* will not really get you good at HR nor high AR since the object density is like 0,5 and you just react to one object at a time instead of reading something.
kai99
first time 9 ar is rllly hard. i rmemeber struggling a lot, just play maps that are 9ar without trying to fc them. over time, you'll get used to it.
KupcaH
play more
and forget about HR for now
Genjuro
playing maps while gradually increasing the ar to will help you get used to it. So basically either find maps with the ar you want to train or edit the ar yourself.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Listen music.
Skidayo
memorize the map
then you'll be able to react to it
kartonrealista

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

I want to play 3* maps with HR, but usually they have >9AR, but I can't play maps with >8AR. How to play them well?
You don't.
DXPOHIHIHI
good for you..

I was fine reading 8.5> AR, but now I cant read <9 AR