forum

Aqua - Roses Are Red

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SmosherML
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on domingo, 04 de marzo de 2012 at 13:08:03

Artist: Aqua
Title: Roses Are Red
Tags: roses are red and violets blue aqua
BPM: 139,97
Filesize: 3713kb
Play Time: 03:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,46 stars, 171 notes)
  2. Hard (4,72 stars, 392 notes)
  3. Normal (3,07 stars, 249 notes)
Download: Aqua - Roses Are Red
Download: Aqua - Roses Are Red (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, Im trying to make better beatmaps this time, starting by this one. Its still uncomplete, if u want to do a difficulty just ask me. EVERY COMMENT IS IMPORTANT. I still need some help with this. Depending on how you see my map i will continue mapping.
kazumikos
Hi~
Some quick mod ^^

SPOILER
  1. Bpm is 140
  2. Offset, I believe, is -32
  3. Delete "Roses Are Red-Aqua" in source, they r unecessary
  4. Try to stick with distance snap in easy diff
Go go finish this map~ good luck xD
Low
BPM - 139.97 THIS IS NECESSARY AND MUST BE CHANGED. Your map is off beat toward the end/middle.
Offset - 6

[General]
Set a preview point and make more difficulties.
Make some custom combo colors. Makes it look good.

Easy
00:30:908 (1) - Off the tick.
00:40:301 - Move 7 grids to the left
00:42:158 - Move 1 grid to the left
00:52:337 (2) - Off the tick.
00:55:712 (2) - Off tick
00:58:498 - Last part of slider is off tick.
00:59:355 ^
00:59:783 - Add a beat.
1:15:694 (4) - Off the tick. Move to 1:15:640
1:22:578 - Why is this snapped in 1/8? Move it to 1:22:525
1:54:663 - Add a beat
2:20:383 - Inconsistent. Move to 2:20:812
3:01:750 - End Kiai here.
3:15:253 - Remove beat.
Topic Starter
SmosherML
Sorry, but i still need some modding here :?
SapphireGhost
Random request for some map critique and I had some time. Seeing how this is in WIP and doesn't have much modding yet this won't be a full mod or anything, just a quick check.

- Difficulties require updating after downloading, so try Full Submitting to fix this after fixes.
- Unsnapped notes on Easy and Normal, so resnap all notes.
- You're missing the skin files reversearrow.png and scorebar-bg.png .
- Combo colours and kiai times are slightly inconsistent.
- Background has incorrect dimensions, see if you can find a 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, or other good quality 4:3 background.
- You also have some notes that go off screen, which looks quite bad. To be specific, these:
[Hard]
01:03:650 (7) -

[Normal]
00:08:569 (5) -
02:18:880 (4) -
03:07:105 (4) -
03:26:395 (2) -

In general, I liked the sliders you used, but make sure that you don't break the spacing of the map too much when making patterns. For future maps, try to refrain from only following the vocals, as that leaves pauses between patterns. Try to have a good "flow" to the beatmap, it's sort of a hard concept to understand but if you keep mapping it gets better.

Again, you had some good patterns and I liked what you have so far so I might mod this fully when this has 8+ star priority and 5+ mod posts, I'd encourage you to keep mapping, go for ranking and whatnot. Lastly, violets are not blue. Violets are violet.
Derekku
Small mod just to pick out some major problems! This is one of your first completed beatmaps, but I'm quite impressed!

[General]
*The mp3 is 3:41, but the video is only 1:59, thus it ends abruptly... Where is the rest of the video? o_O Try to find one that's full length and then compress it to a decent size!
*Even though most skins use a white slider border, it's a good habit to add a "SliderBorder" color to each .osu when using a custom hitcircle set! Just add "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" under the [Colours] section of each .osu (you can manually open .osu files in notepad) like this: http://puu.sh/gIix
*There isn't a preview point set for this map. You can do that by going here: http://puu.sh/gIkd (Setting it at the beginning of one of the choruses would probably sound best)
*More hitsounds would be nice! Many sections feel empty (especially the choruses). Finishes would really help as well (when kiai begins would sound great).
*My last complaint here is that the song is 3 1/2 minutes long, but there's only a short break near the beginning... You should definitely add at least one more break somewhere in the middle and possibly one towards the end.

[Easy]
*Could possibly lower the difficulty settings by 1 each.
*Overall, I would just try and keep spacing more consistent. For example, 00:33:429 (3,4,5) - has 3 and 4 really close, but then there's a large space between 4 and 5.
03:07:105 (3) - Love near-symmetrical sliders like this, but the slider track is a bit ambiguous. Try to open up the middle like this: http://puu.sh/gImZ

[Normal]
00:08:567 (5) - Not off-screen, but goes under the HP bar because it's up so high...
01:58:519 (3) - ^
02:18:880 (4) - ^
*Probably missed some others because I merely skimmed through

[Hard]
*The difficulty settings here are really low, especially Overall Difficulty (OD). Raise OD by 2 ticks and perhaps AR (approach rate) by 1.
01:03:650 (7) - This slider actually goes off-screen, which is not good at all!
01:07:557 - So do ones like this!

I'm sure that your beatmap will turn out even better after more mods! Make sure to ask in #modreqs and by posting in Modding Queues here: viewforum.php?f=60
Shomay
o.o :o :( :? 8-) :P :x
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.