forum

How to spin faster?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeKroMan4ik
My average RPM is ~300 and it will be not enough when I'll reach 5* (tested on 3 5* maps), and I noticed that my spinning speed hasn't improved at all since I bought my tablet. I'm asking it now because I don't want to ask too late.
Endie-
As long as you're not missing spinners from spinning too slow, there isn't really a reason to spin any faster (unless you're going for #1 ranks)
If you want to spin faster try spinning in smaller circles
Topic Starter
NeKroMan4ik

Endie- wrote:

As long as you're not missing spinners from spinning too slow, there isn't really a reason to spin any faster (unless you're going for #1 ranks)
If you want to spin faster try spinning in smaller circles
But what if I'm going to #1?
NixXSkate
Hard to give you tips without a video showing how you spin.
You have to sort-of grip onto your desk or tablet with either the bottom of your palm or your wrist, and use it as sort of like an anchor to make sure you're spinning in an even circle. Don't use your fingers to spin unless you feel uneasy about recovering for the next note.
Yujin Senpai
I have the same problem, lifting my hand up to hover for spinners increased my speed at spinners. Not a good idea if its in the middle of the song and you are normally dragging though.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I spin 250-290 and is enought to pass any map. I don't remember to die due to spinners. Only playing really specific maps with OD10 HP10 can be a problem. In general it isn't.
Buster
Watch my osu!std replays or anyone replays
Fxjlk
Spin on your chair its good practice.

If you don't have a chair you can spin on I'm sorry but we cant help you.
Akanagi
Small to medium tablet area, trying to spin proper circles and don't tryhard to do as small as possible spins / circles. Try to "spin" your wrist and the pen at the same time, but usually it boils down to how large your area is and you not spinning too tightly and crossing the middle / spinning next to the dot instead of doing proper ones.
Deva

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

My average RPM is ~300 and it will be not enough when I'll reach 5*
250-300RPM is enough to get 300s on 99.99% of maps
Skidayo
think you are "drawing circles" instead of spinning as fast as you can
Comfy Slippers
Play with SO on.
DXPOHIHIHI
I spin slowly on hard maps(250-300) so that I can sustain more energy
Kondou-Shinichi
in normal situation spinnig fast or slow doesnt matter as long as you can clear it

i usually keep myself to 350-420 to prevent myself from tired out
mulraf

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Play with SO on.
dis guy knows.

i don't have a tablet but staying close to the center actually seems like a logical idea. after all you have to move less and it's only natural that if the distance you move becomes lower, the speed at which you make it through that distance is faster (and also the amount of energy consumed becomes lower but it's not like spinning is that much of a strain anyways :x). maybe it'll take a bit of time until you're able to do that well but logically it should be the best.

but yeah, no tablet player, so take my advice carefully.