forum

Should I Buy The XP-Pen G430S

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
Hi! Just here to ask If I should buy The XP-Pen G430S Tablet.
My friend kinda suggested me to try out a tablet and see if it suits me better.
The specs are of the following:
4x3 Inch
No Charging Stylus
2mm Thin
266 RPS
8192 Level Pressure Sensitivity
Resolution: 5080 LPI (Lines Per Inch)
Supply Voltage: DC 5V
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS
Certifications: FCC, CE, CCC, ROHS
It's fairly cheap. It costs 1,289 Peso in the Philippines (24.97 Dollars). Should I get it?
Endie-
Here's a sweet tablet comparison done by a reddit user:
http://hwk.fi/TabletTest/
Implojin
So I have an Xp-Pen G640, which is the slightly larger version of the G430S.

It's a decent tablet. Fast enough to play with (~250 RPS both in-game and when testing with DIMR [XP-Pen's 266 RPS published spec here is either untrue or limited by the USB polling rate] compared with something like ~135 RPS for the CTH-480, there might be a slight difference in cursor latency through the drivers if you measured them but it wasn't very significant), hover distance is a little less than the CTH-480 but still okay, I like the G640 stylus a bit better than the CTH-480's because of the additional pressure levels and the fact that the electronics inside of it don't rattle while you're playing. (Not sure if I have a defective 480 stylus or not but my wacom rattles a *lot*.)

The Xp-Pen driver software is a pain to use if you want to change the tablet's active area though, and a downside of the G640 is that you're pushed towards using as large of an active area as possible because the tablet skips pixels onscreen pretty badly if you try to use a smaller area. This problem will probably be worse on a G430S, because they both have 5080 LPI in the specifications and the G430S has a physically smaller area.

This is maybe not a problem for osu because you generally want to play with a larger area anyway, but y'know.

Personally I went back to using the CTH-480, but considering price and availability, I think the XP-Pen is a pretty good pick.
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
I guess for it to be my first tablet it has to be a bit cheap.
Once I get the hang of the tablet I can find tablets that are a bit
higher of price and quality later on. Guess I should buy it as my first.
Thanks for all the thoughts.