forum

I can't finish Insane Maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
Hi, Here with another question.
Lately I have finished some insane maps but they are short.
What makes me anxious is that I can't finish the other insane maps.
I miss like 3 or 4 circles on one run and sometimes a whole stream or get overwhelmed
with a lot of circles overlapped together. I have been continuously playing insane maps
and see a change on my perception and the speed kinda slowed down but I still miss.
It's like I have adapted to the speed but not with the tapping. I can see it clearly
like overlapped circles, short broken sliders, and can do jumps perfectly fine but often times I miss.
Once in every game I ace a map then miss on a circle, reset
then after that I can never repeat me acing it. It's like I have a switch that I can't control in me
where often times I have ultra instinct (Me being able to get through a hard part of the mapwithout looking
at my cursor) and my shitty me where I constantly miss.
Any tips to this? Give me your thoughts.
SpasticSurgeon
Hi I'm basically in the same place as you. My only advice is to focus on putting your cursor over every note before you click it. I know that sounds like a joke, but the important thing is to visually confirm it's on the circle before you click. This feels hard to do especially on insane maps, but it's a worthwhile habit that will help a lot with accuracy on jumps and that kind of thing. Practice it on easier songs first until it becomes a habit and you will notice you will get a lot less "random" misses.

Also it seems like in your post you said you reset immediately and missed again. This is to be expected because immediately retrying can kind of reinforce bad muscle memory and it can take a lot of time to learn a song that way. And at the end of the day if you retry the same song 100 times in a row you may be able to FC it but you have really only ingrained a very specific muscle memory into your brain.

It's better to work on increasing your skills all around instead of on just one song. If you do want to retry for educational purposes it can be good to take a break or play a few more songs before you come back.
Sandy Hoey
This may be an outrageous idea, but maybe you aren't good enough
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This may be an outrageous idea, but maybe you aren't good enough
I don't even know when an osu players starts playing insane maps. My pp capped at 417, a certain guy said start playing insane.
It did give me pp and stuff but the other insane maps are just like the name INSANE.
How does one become good in osu? By playing a lot of times?
How do you play more? Does it follow something or just aimlessly playing maps?

Edit: Thanks for the thought PlasticSurgeon I should consider trying your suggestion.
Eurocat
play more
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh

Eurocat wrote:

play more
With no specific thing to do? Just play more?

Ohh I kinda get my problem now, My aim is perfectly fine. I tried my aim on an ar 9 map with relax
and my aim looks like a god plays it. It's perfect but the problem here is I guess my hands can't keep
up with the speed and often panics. My eyes can read it perfectly, my tapping can't.
Yujin Senpai
Your playtime: 53 hours. There is not much else to say then play more. Practice the basics and play what you are bad at.
Shoy

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

I don't even know when an osu players starts playing insane maps.
Started to really play 4-4.99* around 1.4k pp in my case, when most of Hard's beatmaps didn't bring me any PP while FC + 98-99%.
If you wanna play it before, do it.
If you wanna play it later, do it.

It did give me pp and stuff but the other insane maps are just like the name INSANE.
Looks like that when you go for it at the beginning, kinda different in reality.
Most of Insanes' now are pretty much Hard difficulty + AR9 / OD8, with a few notes stream(s) and some patterns you won't see in Hard.

How does one become good in osu? By playing a lot of times?
The real question is : Do you have any emergency to become "good" right here, right now ?
Being good opens some stuffs : new beatmaps, new patterns, ...
If you're not good enough to reach that, it means you still have material to play with and work on.

The second real question is : How do you went through Hard maps ? Ask you this question.
When you have the answer, tell you it's the same about going through Insane.
It just takes more time, and it will take even more and more time as long as you'll increase the Maps' SR you're playing.

Does it follow something or just aimlessly playing maps?
"Seems cool, let's play this."
"I like the music, let's play this."
"Let's practice streams today... Few streams maps, let's go for it."
"Looks like i'm not good enough to pass that. Well, next."

You're asking yourself too much questions, and not especially the good ones moreover. It's a game, just get fun.
You're at 800pp, put your PeppyPuntos (a.k.a. pp) aside for a time, get fun and you'll see. You'll have all the time you need to increase this number if you want to.
- e - v - b-

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

Eurocat wrote:

play more
With no specific thing to do? Just play more?

Ohh I kinda get my problem now, My aim is perfectly fine. I tried my aim on an ar 9 map with relax
and my aim looks like a god plays it. It's perfect but the problem here is I guess my hands can't keep
up with the speed and often panics. My eyes can read it perfectly, my tapping can't.
No, your aim with relax means literally nothing (except for some fringe cases at the very highest level of play)

Relax not only makes it easier to aim due to not having to tap, but also allows you to hit a note so long as your cursor overlaps with even a pixel of it at some point.

In short, play more, you’re new and have barely touched the game