forum

Am i double-tapping the wrong way?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HenrikDK
I know that this is a very popular topic on these forums, i can't even spam faster (<-- with all my speed) than 120btm with two fingers, but i can spam 120btm with a single finger. I don't know if my hand movements are wrong or what, but i have tried a lot of stream maps and even the slowest i could find 120btm on half time is still too fast after a split second, i'm looking at the bar telling me i'm tapping too slow <.< *sigh*

*Waiting for that reply* I know that play more is the only possible answer but i have been training alternating for a lot of maps lately with absolute no improvement (Only in accuracy but i literally can't tap faster, nothing about stamina talk right now that is literally the fastest i can double-tap)

https://youtu.be/Qas7kg4G4sA

I'm not expecting good answers, just a little rant <.<
Genjuro
you are doing fine imo, better than me for sure LOL
DeletedUser_6869432
You are waaaaaaaaay to tense to be able to even go remotely fast. You have to learn how to put as little stress on your hands as possible when your streaming ( or double tapping as you call it) or your going to run out of stamina immediately. I don't have any tips on how to relax but try to have both arms rest under anything equal level to the desk, that should help a bit.
E m i
yeah don't throw your fingers at the keyboard just treat it as one constant alternating movement
SpasticSurgeon
YO I THINK I FIGURED OUT YOUR PROBLEM NO JOKE

First of all you are suspending your left hand which is probably causing some unnecessary strain (but if it works for you no big deal). Momi is write that you seem too tense and I think this is a big part of why.

However your big problem imo is that you seem to be using your arm to tap. I could see this working well or maybe even being beneficial to accuracy when you singletap lowish bpm, but stream is all about using your fingers so they flow. My recommendation would be to make sure you are moving JUST YOUR FINGERS when you do this. We humans were made with that fine dexterity in the hand and not our arms. I could tell you were doing this because I saw your arm moving up and down a lot in the video, and when I just watched myself stream the only thing I could see moving were my fingers and some of ligaments in my arms that run from the fingers.

This will probably take some relearning of muscle memory btw.
SpasticSurgeon
It wouldn't surprise me if you've already seen this video: https://youtu.be/VsYLIg67pYo

Look at Cookiezi's hands as he plays. Notice that he uses his wrist on single-tap motions and on streaming his hand goes completely still and his fingers do all the work. This isn't to say that Cookiezi's way is the only way. But it's a good starting point.

Especially at 10 seconds in, look how the rest of his hand is totally relaxed and his wrist/arm aren't moving at all. Try that. Again it will probably take some relearning of muscle memory. Meaning you will have to get the old habit out just as much as the new one in.
Flying Deer
Your fingers are straight and firm. They should form a loose, natural hook shape, so bring your arm forward a little and/or change the angle of your keyboard.
You might also be putting unnecessary strength on every one of your presses.

You might also want to experiment with other keys. I hate the default, I use E and F.
Topic Starter
HenrikDK

Flying Deer wrote:

Your fingers are straight and firm. They should form a loose, natural hook shape, so bring your arm forward a little and/or change the angle of your keyboard.
You might also be putting unnecessary strength on every one of your presses.

You might also want to experiment with other keys. I hate the default, I use E and F.
It helped a little using d and w, since my hand normally use these positions in most games. But thanks for your guys suggestions, i will try not to be so tense with my hand when i play this game :3
ManuelOsuPlayer
Your wrist angle is bad. you're moving your hand and/or arm not your fingers, may be a usefull technique to burst +240bpm but not to play long streams or low bpm. The keyboard should be better 7 or 8 cm away from where it is from you, or give your elbow a short angle to have your wrist closer to you and your fingers with less angle.
If you can find something where your elbow can stay relaxed cool. If not, put something under your chair to have your arm at good level, so you can have a your hand relaxing over the keyboard with a good angle.
You may have problems at your back or shoulders if you keep playing a lot like that.

To learn to stream with decent UR i recommend you to play old maps focusing on improve your acc and reading.
You can use visual information (approach rate circles) to hit the circles until you don't need anymore. Will be easier to build decent muscle memory while you get used to tempo and rhythm of maps until you can play perfcetly listen the music.
If it's to hard to get good acc use Halftime mod, pretty usefull to start listening each music beat.

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist
Start at #1 and just click the circles when the Approach rate circle match with the hitcircle. After you start finding and playing accurately the first doubles and triples, the streams are going to be the same as play a double or a triple.
You will be able to stream and listen music beats in no time if you work the acc at each map.
If you singletap check the autoplay mod playing the map before you play it, so you start learning when to use the second finger and when tap using the mainly one.

After you get good muscle memory tapping stacked streams triples and doubles you can move directly to high bpm or low bpm and start practicing any map you like.
nickely
Get gud my friend. All jokes aside, yeah they are all right. You're too tensed up. Get loose.