forum

New Revolution?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[TAS]
I just got through TWO-TORIAL and I think this song could be the start of something new.

So first thing is first, its a memory song for sure and there is nothing special or new about that. But what makes this definitely stand out is its a memory song that got approved and you can pass it on your first go. This is the first time I have heard of any type of memory song being approved. If I am mistaken please correct me. But the real thing that makes it stand out to me will be a little hard to explain, even so I will be as clear as I can. The parts that you have to memorize only last so long. A few seconds at most. Also just before the memory parts (extreme sv) you actually play the pattern that you have to memorize, so your fingers already know what to do. This means that all you have to do, is play the pattern again from your memory/listening to the beat. This is what I think could revolutionize o!m in a way.

With this idea people can make significantly harder songs that you could theoretically get a SS on with your first play of the actual song. You cant do that with any other memory song in the game, hence why they have that name. But with this song you theoretically could.

Now, I dont know if there are any songs like TWO-TORIAL but I honestly doubt it for some odd reason. But if there is this idea still holds true. These types of songs could seriously get hard while staying well within the realm of sight reading the song and getting a good score.

P.S. REALLY love the song MAAAAAAAAAAS :D just had to get this out honestly
Evening
Personally think this is also a great concept to build on for mappers but its work behind all of the effects takes a lot of effort and time. Which is why you don't see a lot of these maps popping up.

I think this could be a new trend if the calculation behind the effects are simplified such as to cater to amateur mappers but I now I wouldn't get my hopes up for an influx of these kind of maps