forum

Should you delete your maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mcwc2307
Now i'm not simply asking how to delete maps. (obviously)
But i kind of want to ask about the effects of deleting your own maps.

Like in general, I'm just asking whether you should delete your old maps that have sinked into the graveyard and have never been touched since you probably gave up on it already.

I mean in my case, i actually have made a decent amount of maps that total to an amount of 30+ maps since when i started mapping three years ago.
Unfortunately when you look at my page now, there isn't much to see. Around 5 maps in total now? (obviously knowing that all my maps in pending will never be able to meet the ranking criteria and sink to the inevitable graveyard.)

So you can see that i have deleted quite a number of maps of mine.(which is mainly due to my ocassional depressive episode where i think my maps sucks and will be never be appreciated by anyone. Oh well. Not that i even made a full mapset either. *cries )

I mean from what i can see now and not then. I realized that because I had permanently deleted my maps from the face of the internet, I can't see my progress from how i had started to now.

And now I also can't remap them because I have a weird habit about not wanting to completely map the same song from scratch twice,
especially when i have deleted them, because when i do i suddenly start questioning myself why am i mapping the same song that was either failed to be ranked or deleted, making myself think they aren't the "right" songs for me to map.

So yea. Sorry if i don't make sense or whatever I mean i don't understand myself too.

But i kind of want to hear from others about what you think about deleting your own maps
Shohei Ohtani
you could just reupload them lmfao
Topic Starter
mcwc2307
Wait. i dont get it.
1. You mean reupload them as in you think i have a backup of the maps somewhere?
Or 2. Reupload as in Completely remap the songs that i have deleted and just reupload them all?
nikky
no, they're part of your life mate. if you delete one you'll lose an hour of your life.