forum

What genre are you inherently awesome at.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
You know what I'm talking about, you go over to a friends house, play a game he's been playing for 2 weeks to a month. Then completely bash his face in with no prior knowledge of the game/genre. Of course This doesn't happen to me anymore since I've played such a diverse amount of games.

Stray away from the obvious Rythm game genre you top 10 players >:(

Mine is the Fighting game genre, I always do better in fightan gaems than any other genre.(Which is odd since I own very few)
Neo@lex
Platformers. As long as they don't involve shooting.
awp
Action and platformers, mostly. Oh shit gotta run but if I remember more I'll update.
Saturos
While you can't really stomp your friends at them, I seem to grasp aspects/strategies in RPG's and am able to overcome 'impossible' bosses with ease faster than anyone I know.

Oh, and rhythm games.
Pokebis
Everything for "normal" friends. Usually bettar at scrolling shooters and fighters than the rest of my hardcore friends.
I'm not really "inheritly" awesome at anything though, because I'm the only gamer in my family. Long hard hours of work have allowed me to aquire these skills which some people interpret as natural. May not be wrong, but I know I've practiced in about every genre quite a lot. Oh and some FPS I pick up pretty quick. Others take me a while to figure out.
YoshiKart
Action RPGs like MapleStory, Mario and Luigi, stuff like that.
Platformers.
Brawl (my ONLY fighting game I'm good at).
And sidescrollers.

Mainly sidescrollers.
donnii
Platformers,
Action RPGs,
and a bit fighting games.

I usually play RPGs as Im an RPG-addict..
_____

Im a kingdom hearts fan btw, and also final fantasy :3
Loginer
I guess I'm a jack-of-all-trades, although I'm pretty good at action games.
James
all 2d fighing games, im terribad at 3d ones though
niedz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ash
rhythm games appear to by my niche, along with puzzle-type games
although i'm fairly good at platformers/action/adventure...
RogueHiyru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi
I'm good at everything. Everything and anything...

...except rhythm games. I'm not kidding when I say this. I'm TERRIBLE at these games. Seriously, the only reason I'm good at DDR is because I've played it so many times over the period of seven years, and even with osu! I struggle with nearly every song. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say that everyone here is a prodigy compared to me when it naturally comes to rhythm games.
ShatteredFoX
fighting games and RPG in general. Granted that probably has something to do with me having no life :P(this realization is after I got all my characters in Disgaea to level 9999)
Mogsy
SBKT
Linear Motion Battle System based RPG's.
Winterfaust
Action game, especially FPS, the last fps i played was combat arms, it was totally sh.., even counter strike is a lot better
i don't recommend this game, and fighting game but fight game like def jam or WWE SvsR
BluePaladin25
Platformers, RPGs with real-time combat (Tales series FTW! :) ), and adventure-ish games (Zelda, Prince of Persia, Fable)

...though Prince of Persia repeatedly kicks my ass :o

Basically, anything that's real time and from a third-person view, except RTSs and most fighting games.
Two_old
Fighting games. Button mashing is my forté.
firemunger
Most 2-D fighters, some 3-D fighters like any SSB game, platformers, some shooters, and tetris. :)
awp
Isn't SSB a 2D fighter considering you only fight in the x and z dimensions?
firemunger
I guess your right, my mistake :D .
3-D on a 2-D plane
eee
I like fighting and rhythm games
mostly multiplayer
jonathan_old
[deleted user]
None of my friends can touch me at racing games. No matter what it is, whether it be GRID, Gran Turismo/Forza, Burnout or NFS, I stomp 'em all.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Harvai wrote:

None of my friends can touch me at racing games. No matter what it is, whether it be GRID, Gran Turismo/Forza, Burnout or NFS, I stomp 'em all.
Wat about F-zero
oboewan
Me? Point-and-click adventure (read: PHOENIX WRIGHT), a little bit of rhythm (I play GH on Expert), some Brawl, a bit of racing, and a spice of Trauma Center (I don't really know what to call it.)

I wouldn't say I'm "Awesome" at any of them, but those are my best ones.
Real1
I kick ass in Turn Based Strategy (The Japanese ones, such as Advance Wars and Fire Emblem). I'm also damn good at platformers! I suck at 2d shooters as well as first person shooters.
ACE_old
Rhythm, platform, fighting, racing, and party (I PWN at Mario Party).
HateMeh
First Person Shooters and Role Playing Games
[deleted user]
Rythm games (especially StepMania), RPGs, Platformers and shmups.
redkimono
RPGs are what I am. :3
[Youmu]
Dakeyrus
I'm pro at Rhythm games primarily, but I'm also pro at Megaman, all of them. So I guess side-scrolling shooters.
vytalibus
I think there's no genre I'm exceptionally good at. I'm best at rhythm games, but my skills are even sucky. :(
show more