forum

Arm drift?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
Maybe I am "disabled" and this is not what I think it is. Maybe it is mouse drift?

Basically whenever I play, sometimes I just start to feel like my arm/hand is in an uncomfortable position on the mousepad; like either the mouse is half on/half off or it ends up to close to me or something. It seems like some maps that move around a lot put me in a bad position until I am basically forced to move and probably fuck my combo/acc or else the discomfort becomes maddening. Is this the famous mouse drift that everyone talks about? I play mouse/keyboard 800 dpi and I trained myself to mostly use arm for league but I think I use a combo of arm/wrist for this game.
Wishes
Yeah this is just what is referred to as mouse drift. Can't really eliminate it completely just gotta deal with it and adjust your mouse position during breaks or on slow sliders.
KuroganeSuoh
The way I dealt with it is I let my hand like follow the mouse, so my hand like slide with the mouse without having my hand
go slant or go to an awkward position, I always have my arms straight.
Just try letting your hand and arm glide with the mouse with your arm a bit straight.
And also you need to be conscious about your mouse pad space. Sometimes your arms go awkward
because you think your hand is near the edge of the mouse pad so it kind of lock and it feels uncomfortable.

I switched from a small pad to a long mouse pad, that like eliminated my arm drift as i'm much more comfortable
with moving my hand with the mouse a lot, I don't get anxious about having the mouse reach the end of the pad
and ruin my combo. On jumps you use your wrist instead of moving your whole hand.

Edit: You should play beatmaps and at least get an A or S or even an SS. Don't just play it to pass, go back to it
if you have time and try to beat your lowest rank.
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

KuroganeSuoh wrote:

The way I dealt with it is I let my hand like follow the mouse, so my hand like slide with the mouse without having my hand
go slant or go to an awkward position, I always have my arms straight.
Just try letting your hand and arm glide with the mouse with your arm a bit straight.
And also you need to be conscious about your mouse pad space. Sometimes your arms go awkward
because you think your hand is near the edge of the mouse pad so it kind of lock and it feels uncomfortable.

I switched from a small pad to a long mouse pad, that like eliminated my arm drift as i'm much more comfortable
with moving my hand with the mouse a lot, I don't get anxious about having the mouse reach the end of the pad
and ruin my combo. On jumps you use your wrist instead of moving your whole hand.

Edit: You should play beatmaps and at least get an A or S or even an SS. Don't just play it to pass, go back to it
if you have time and try to beat your lowest rank.

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely consider what you said.