forum

Can't tap fast

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeKroMan4ik
I have good aim but can't tap in time. Usually i tap too late and fail jumps and streams. I just can't tap as fast as 4* needs.
Vuelo Eluko
have you considered practicing
KupcaH

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

have you considered practicing
Topic Starter
NeKroMan4ik
Tried to tap earlier then usual, helps a bit, but doesn't work everytime
E m i

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

Tried to tap earlier then usual, helps a bit, but doesn't work everytime
lol. just play maps which are difficult to tap fast enough on and you'll get faster in no time
kai99
i still have this problem ngl it'll stay with u forever
E m i
i quit this game in 2016, when i came back i could barely singletap 200 and do a 10 note 190bpm stream... 6 months later i can singletap 285bpm easy and stream 220bpm for 100 notes, i didn't even play much, just practice speed and you get speed.
Fxjlk
tap more
Mio Winter
How do you tap? If you use keyboard to tap, there are two main playstyles people use: single-tapping and alternating.

Here's an example of Cookiezi's playstyle. Notice that he's single-tapping (index finger) on what are called "halfbeat patterns" (e.g. the jumps) and alternates (index+middle finger) on the "quarterbeat patterns" (e.g. streams and triples).

You should learn to alternate for the quarterbeat patterns at least, so that you can play faster maps. Your hand will get more speed and stamina with practice, just don't overdo it. : )

Also, if you seem to hit notes early all the time, you may need to adjust your universal offset. I used to use bluetooth headphones for osu, so I had to use a -161 ms offset and turn off the hitsounds. You could check if you have a similar issue by reading the guide I linked to.
Akanagi
Play Saten maps, 500 tortures, and DT. Maps that are mostly sliders are useless, though.
Mio Winter

Rayne wrote:

Play Saten maps, 500 tortures, and DT. Maps that are mostly sliders are useless, though.

Sliders are our friends, Rayne. :c
E m i
they are my friends because they help me use my stamina on long streams lol
if it's a 200bpm 500 note stream i'm very likely to lock up even if i have tons of stamina left
but if it's like 100[slider]100[slider]100[slider]100[slider]100 then easy
DonkeyIsBack
Maybe use a fast keyboard switch?