forum

LoL or Dota?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZodiacLyfe
^Title pretty much sums this up.

Which do you prefer - LoL or Dota - and why?

Personally, I prefer Dota. It's such a "solid" game, and I'm in love with the versatility.
and I've also been playing it since I was a kid lol
Buster
None of the above
They all suck

this is my opinion so do not complain
Topic Starter
ZodiacLyfe

TheQuacking666 wrote:

None of the above
They all suck

Fair enough, but if you had to choose which one would it be?
Jemzuu
Dota is for pros
LoL is for nubs
Cloudchaser
Dota is for pro but league is more fun and casual. I love both.
RailGunss
LOL
Hickacou
You prefer Dota ? LOL !
Wtf that joke was so nice.
And you understood that I prefer LoL.

Even if I'm the worst feeder...
OneTrueDuceOK
Easy to understand: LOL

Patch and Meta: THEY BOTH ARE FREAKING RUINED... but lol's are like - 0.000001% better in my opinion

VARIETY: Dota with the custom map and such

FUN?: I think maybe-maybe LOL
KemZii
LOL
ofc
WavePoint
LoL with my friends
abraker
Neither. My friend tried to get me into LoL, it just didn't resonate with me. Slow/limited gameplay. Maybe that's just what you start with, but I wasn't enjoying it
Kirika
Dota is definitely a more complex game, but I would say League of Legends is more fun.

Both games are competitive, and due to their popularity they are objectively both good games.

With that said, my choice would be League.

The community is utter trash though.
AlcoLoLi
Why not both?

i jump from one to the other based on the current meta and state of the game (i.e. balance, community,etc). In my opinion League is far more fun to play than dota but is incredibly poorly balanced, where a single champ can carry a 4 man feeding team to victory by winning 1v5 fights and the meta shifts massively after a patch cycle. Dota is for more serious players, the update cycles actually balance out broken hero's/items(except for the major +1.00 updates that change/break everything), far more strategy and adaptability is needed to be good at dota whereas in League you just spam pick the meta champ for your main roll and copy paste streamers builds in every match. as for the communities, well they are both toxic, League is mostly kids who don't take RANKED matches seriously(always one troll in a match all the way up to masters), where dota guys are serious about every single match except the events(those are always fun).

tl:dr
Wanna have some mindless fun with some friends = League
Wanna play a more challenging game where teamwork and skill is essential = Dota
Alfearox
both
sayopichu
Dota <3
Saucey Potato
Generally dota, but ill play either one depending on what friends like to play. Both have pretty toxic communities, I prefer free heroes of dota but I understand why you have to earn/buy them in league.
Strale002
I prefer League over Dota since even knowing they both have toxic community I've been playing it for 4 years now and I really like the game I guess because its more simple than dota and has a rather simpler design in general in my opinion.
Taikah
As someone who hasn't play Dota ever, I'd have to go with League of Legends.

Been playing that game since Season 4 began and It has always been good to me haha
DeusDecept0r
Both games are bad coz of toxic beasts that have no life, change my mind
Rizeru
dota since it has much more complex mechanics than league
Rekzor200
Dota over LoL. LoL is dead from his 5th season, plus, Dota has arcade mode too and much more complex mechanics.
KemZii
League of Legends is only moba game I would play
singulier
i prefer lol than dota, i played lol first and seeing dota 2 has a lot of champs than lol, i'm just too lazy to learn most of them
Ryoid
Lol

cause personal preference
-M1racle
I started playing Dota in February of 2015, and I got 1000 hours in the game by April of 2016 (no idling). In that year I met one of my now best friends who had been playing League for a really long time, I figured why not, might as well try it out, so I started playing League in around March of 2016. Since then League has been my main game, but I still play Dota occasionally. I think that my favorite would be Dota but since I converted my 4 Dota friends (who'd all been playing for at least a year or two when I started) to League after I started, I play mostly League. However, I really can't play League by myself as I just don't enjoy it as much, whereas I can play Dota by myself. So I'd say Dota has a closer place in my heart as it was my first, like, truly favorite game.
lambdaweeb101

TheQuacking666 wrote:

None of the above
They all suck

I agree (I only like DotA because of the Ricardo Milos meme song)
hakashii
I prefer League because it's more fun?
payney
i could never get into dota

i mean i could never get into league either but at least i wanted to keep trying

lol>dota
pundice
League is more of a developed game. LoL > Dota imo.

No hate to Dota though, I love you guys too :D
thyme_old_1
I used to live in the philippines, I played LoL for quite some time but stopped because the community is just toxic. I haven't tried to play LoL in eu servers so I can't give my opinion for that yet.
Lapizote
dota is love

dota is life

1,800 played hours

yet it is not enough to satisfy me
dontcallmeeren
I play Osu when I get tilted on League or if none of my friends are online. Tried dota and I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm just too much of a pleb for that game... its LoL for me
KabajiOW
Honestly, I tried dota and it wasn't fun and on top of that, it looks bad. It looks like league if it never got better and the thing is Dota 2 was released 4 years after league so I don't know if you want a more polished, better looking, and overall more fun game I would go league. I tried watching Tyler1 playing it, boring, I tried watching championship matches. boring, and I tried playing it boring.