forum

TAIKO CREW BATTLES (RANKS #1000-#9999)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zetera
Please check out this post in the new forum design!

Introduction

Welcome to the first installation of the Taiko Crew Battle Tournament! This is a unique format for the taiko scene, and here is what it's all about!

What is the TCB?

The TCB Tournament is a close representation of the legacy tourney format “Crew Battles”, used in the popular brawler fighting game community for “Super Smash Bros. (Melee)”. It is unique due to the fact that while the tournament is still a team tournament, matches are not played in a team vs team format, but rather in a player vs player fashion. This is technically 4v4 1v1 tourney! Please check the winning conditions below to acclaim more information on how the matches are being played and won.

This tournament is a huge test in skill diversity and spread. You want your team to be versatile enough to be able to play all maps and included mods as proficiently as possible. At the same time, attendance is a huge deal, so we recommend any participating teams to pick members with little timezone differences. Scheduling will be way more convenient this way and the chance of you being able to play with a full team will also be lots higher.

Rules

General Rules

1. The score used in this tournament will be ScoreV2.
  2. If a team is 15 minutes late for their match, they will be disqualified for that match and lose by default.
  3. Please refrain from using offensive words in your team name, this will be checked by our various staff members. So using a lesser known language won’t work.
  4. Commentators aren't allowed to bad-mouth players in any given scenario, if they do, then please report this.
  5. Rescheduling a match is allowed until 4 days after the schedule has been released. Matches will NOT be rescheduled after this date, unless it is an absolute emergency-case scenario.
  6. If a player disconnects from the game, his/her score will still be accounted for.
  7. You cannot nullify a beatmap that has been finished under any circumstance.
    Only in the first 20 seconds of a map can the map be retried if anything hindering happens such as a disconnect. This is only allowed once per match per team.
  8. Failing a beatmap still makes the score you got valid (even if you are not alive at the end of a song.
  9. There are no bans, all picks are randomized.
  10. Always remember that this is just a game (I.e behave yourself while the match is ongoing and on our discord server).

Mod rules

1. There are 4 NoMod, 2 Hidden, 2 HardRock, 1 DoubleTime, and 2 Tiebreaker maps.
  2. The Tiebreaker will be played without mods.

Registration

Teams used in this tournament are going to be no bigger than 4 members, however, you are allowed to register up to 7 people to make sure you can always attend as a whole team of 4.

Please make sure to use this template as your registration submission. Only posts in this format will be considered registrations. This can either be posted on this very thread or via forum PM to Zetera.

Team Name: <name>
Number of players: <number of players>
Participants: <player names, captain in [b]bold[/b]>
Timezone(s): <UTC±x>

Winning conditions

Players face off in a 1v1 play-off. Teams choose their player after the randomised beatmap has been selected. The player with the higher score in this 1v1 remains inside the multiplayer lobby, the other player is removed and eliminated for the remainder of the match. A new map is selected randomly, and the team that lost a player chooses their next player for said map. The loser of the match is the first team to lose all of their players.
Note: The tiebreakers are not taken into consideration while the randomisation process occurs for the other maps. Therefore, there are certain chances that a map of a certain kind of mode appears. Tiebreakers consequently have a 50% chance of appearing.
(Nomod: 44.4% | Mods: 55.5% [HR 22% | HD 22% | DT 11%])

Dates

Registration deadline: March 16 2018 15:00 UTC
Group Stage: March 24-25 2018
RO8: March 31-April 1 2018
RO4: April 7-8 2018
Finals: April 15-16 2018

Prizes

Please note that because this is a rank-restricted tourney, we cannot have awards as high as an open tourney. We are trying to get a badge for the winner; places 1 and 2 will receive 3 and 1 month of supporter!

We, the CAO team, have decided to separate this tourney into two divisions. This is the Silver division, it is the rank based version of the TCB, and it will feature the prizes listed above. Subsequently, the gold division of the TCB has higher rewards that are harder to be earned, since it will not be restricted to any rank range.

Useful Links

TCB’s discord: https://discord.gg/VFzaUpq
CustomAllOsu’s discord: https://discord.gg/234TMuD
CustomAllOsu’s youtube (for vods): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3-XrF1BxnWiBrdM27sZ89g
CustomAllOsu’s twitch (livestream): https://www.twitch.tv/customallosu
CustomAllOsu’s twitter: https://twitter.com/customallosu

What is CustomAllOsu?

CustomAllOsu is an osu! network group currently working on a website for tournaments, doing podcasts, creating dans and all sorts of other fun in-game things. This tournament is also hosted by the CAO group.

Interested in joining CAO? Wondering what the latest developments are? Check us out in the links above!
Beat43210
Watch out because Australia will win or something
Beat43210
Team name: Beating Around The Bush
Number of players: 7
Participants: Beat43210, Tsubasa2, catcusthegreat, frogrocks, antabakaa, AmateurMonkeyYT, Combro
Timezone: UTC+11

Finally got a full team. Ready or not here we come
Lefafel
Looking for additional team members!
Timezone UTC+2
Who we have currently: Me, Mara, SMG
Contact me on discord: Lefafel#4084

Found teammates now~
DeletedUser_1981781

Team Name: Taiko!ARG [3rd Division]
Participants: un-plugged - Atreevete - TheHSSP - BubShish - juanilp4evr - Arua - ARGENTINE DREAM
Timezone: UTC-3

~ This is a nice opportunity for intermediate players to shine, will be interesting, really looking forward to it! ~
Topic Starter
Zetera
PRIZE INFO AND DATES HAVE BEEN UPDATED IN THE MAIN POST!

ALSO, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TEAM MEMBERS, EITHER USE THIS THREAD OR THE DISCORD'S TEAM ASSEMBLY CHANNEL TO TRY YOUR LUCK!
YaBoiMayo
Currently a free agent looking for a team
Discord me Follow#4458 if you have an open spot or if you wanna possibly create a team
Also my timezone is USA CST +0
--noodle
Seems interesting, I'll join a team if any of you have an open slot (EST btw)
Aisha
Seems interesting! I would be able to join but my skill is like 10k now. Good luck!~
DeletedUser_1981781

xfraczynho wrote:

Seems interesting! I would be able to join but my skill is like 10k now. Good luck!~
You have to be 1000~9999 rank to join, though... Oh, it's no problem because when Axer's Cycle Hit gets ranked your rank will drop to 2k.
tzechi
Team Name: #coolbeans
Participants: Pencil-kun, sullywally, xxXBabyMetalXxx,Main Heroine, yenyenl, Kekneko, Bobfree
Timezone(s): UTC±08
Lefafel
Team Name: Ei Ne Vaan Osaa
Number of players: 4
Participants: Lefafel, Eldazare, SweetMangoGrill, Mara
Timezone(s): UTC+2

Red Riding Hood
If I wasn't such a DT farmer I could join :cry:
Rafacar
Team Name: ENERONI

Participants: Rafacar , Kyoumo, Ulyssesh, AiAyako, AnonX32, Bombrilho, Bola

Timezone(s): UTC -3, UTC +9
DeletedUser_1981781

Rafacar wrote:

Team Name: ENERONI

Participants: Rafacar , Kyoumo, Ulyssesh, AiAyako, AnonX, Bombrilho, Bola

Timezone(s): UTC -3, UTC +9

PRO
[Belajar-Osu]
Team Name: Bedug Squad
Number of players: 5
Participants: Kaemz , ibacot, [Belajar-Osu], andri yumanda, moncar321
Timezone(s): <UTC±7>
Bedwyr Aorta
Team Name: TBC
Number of players: 5
Participants: Bedwyr Aorta, uchuuj1n, maylypeji, Minisora, GDN3k0Chan
Timezone(s): UTC+8, UTC+10
kclee2172
Team Name: Kodomo
Number of players: 6
Participants: kclee2172 , [ White Music ], hyun1, Civil Oath, Garalulu, ozintof9
Timezone(s): UTC+9
Gamelan4
Team Name: Nescafé :u
Participants: Gamelan4, EvaZoid, [Jose20025], Etsu, Rukairi, Nutellitah, Arkano036.
Timezone(s): UTC-5, UTC -4, UTC-7, UTC 0
RuinedChicken
Team Name: Botijo not allowed
Number of players: 6
Participants: RuinedChicken Machango TheMadnessLady alexinet232 subnorman penvoltio2
Timezone(s): UTC 0, +1
ITotallyGetThat
Team Name: Third Shift
Participants: CM Animex, DiggyDogg, Kotu776, ITotallyGetThat, meattape, CaptainEChan, Troll Face
Timezone(s): <UTC-4,5,6,7,+2> (average to UTC-5)
Simon4158
Would like to join a team , i can farm to 3k pp if i want to (almost below 10k).
Message me if you need 1 more :)
Bedwyr Aorta

Simon4158 wrote:

Would like to join a team , i can farm to 3k pp if i want to (almost below 10k).

Registration is closing in 4 hours xd
Simon4158

Bedwyr Aorta wrote:

Simon4158 wrote:

Registration is closing in 4 hours xd
Oh didnt even see, well nvm xd