posted
Total Posts

Do you like this cursor trail?

Yes
100.00%
No
0.00%
Total votes: 13
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
lsx
I get this cursor trail someitmes when I close and reopen osu! and it goes away after I click. It looks really good so why not include it as an option. I think it looks really cool and that is better than the current cursormiddle.png cursor trails

https://gyazo.com/e1a12ee44c005a2d0286799c2a93be30

Keep in mind it looks kinda different to what it actually looks like because its a .gif
Sandy Hoey
You can customize the cursor trail on your skin. It is already available
Full Tablet
The cursortrail style changes if you have a cursormiddle file in your skin. If you have the cursormiddle file, the trail renders every certain amount of distance the cursor is moved (this seems to be the case in your gif); if the cursormiddle file isn't there, the trail renders every certain amount of frames.

The difference you are seeing might be the game not rendering your cursor correctly (according to how your skin is set up) before the first click.
Topic Starter
lsx

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can customize the cursor trail on your skin. It is already available

If you try it by yourself you'll realize this kind of cursor trail isn't possible to achieve in osu!.

Full Tablet wrote:

The cursortrail style changes if you have a cursormiddle file in your skin. If you have the cursormiddle file, the trail renders every certain amount of distance the cursor is moved (this seems to be the case in your gif); if the cursormiddle file isn't there, the trail renders every certain amount of frames.

The difference you are seeing might be the game not rendering your cursor correctly (according to how your skin is set up) before the first click.

I know how it works, I've played around with it before. But this cursors trail looks better than the normal cursormiddle.png (that just spaces the png all over or makes really thin trails). This is different
Endaris
How did you get into song selection without clicking something after reopening osu!?
Also no clue how that is supposed to be different.
Topic Starter
lsx

Endaris wrote:

How did you get into song selection without clicking something after reopening osu!?

I was already there... I just went out of osu! for a bit

Look at skins with big cursortrails and cursormiddle.png and then look at the one in the .gif
Saltssaumure
Can you post a comparison gif please? Or at least a link to the skin in question, so that we know what difference to look for.
xenonius
this happens sometimes when you alt+tab out of osu
probably just a minor bug, seems to fix itself when you select a song, press the back button, or alt+tab again. i've only gotten it to happen a few times on occasion.

Endaris wrote:

@Endaris if you look closely the first trail is what it usually looks like and the second is more like a cursor with cursormiddle

Saltssaumure wrote:

Can you post a comparison gif please? Or at least a link to the skin in question, so that we know what difference to look for.
@Saltssaumure I assume this is the skin