forum

Tablet vs Mouse

posted
Total Posts
show more
Valentiino
Ok, I'm seriously considering tablet soon, I just can't figure out who I can make my 40x45cm mousepad be enough for me. Somehow my mouse always slides towards the left-down corner of my pad, and I always run out of space >: I

Settings:
800dpi
0.8x osu!
Mouse precision on
6/11 windows
Mouse acceleration off + Mousefix
those

kriers wrote:

it's more fun with [insert favourite play style based on preference here] :>
it's more fun with feet! :>
Anzo

those wrote:

kriers wrote:

it's more fun with feet! :>
lol

kriers wrote:

it's more fun with my mouse. no, not that kind of mouse.
Waryas
Tablet is cheating for HR otherwise there's no real difference.
Vish024
I play with my nose on the touchpad. Pro shit.
Zelmarked
Anyone that think the 2 peripherals are equal, play with a track ball. When you accept that mouse is better than a trackball, you will understand that a tablet is better than a mouse. But like I said that doesn't mean mouse takes more skill. The mental process is the same it's just that you are using a less efficient peripheral.
RaneFire
They have different strong points, the assessment of which is better is judged by the most problematic mapping styles being used. It's already been discussed what some of those strong points are for mouse and tablet. The learning curve is probably easier with a tablet because gliding the mouse at specific speeds and following strange patterns does take a while to master, whereas this is easier to do with a tablet. Most players look at this when deciding which peripheral is better.
AmaiHachimitsu
I can switch between both and I know other people who can switch between both (Uan) with no problem.
Most of players can switch it without major problems, but when it comes to "try-hard" with some IMPOSSIBRU map, you'll feel the difference

Well, if someone is a pro like Mesita or Uan or JAKA, they need less time for adapting to the switch. But anyway, it's incredibly hard to fc hardly possible maps just after switching, no matter how good you are.
giant panda
I've never used a tablet but I can draw pretty pro with a mouse so I don't need a tablet. After I found out about mouse acceleration a couple months ago my skill in osu! improved a lot and my drawing skills as well. I think they are both the same but mouse you move around with your hand in a funny position as opposed to a pencil style tablet grip.

I also learned to play mouse left handed as well as drawing left handed cool huh?

The bad thing about a mouse is I don't have a mouse pad so trying to set cool records becomes impossible with my wrists sticking to the desk.
RaneFire

pedobear420 wrote:

The bad thing about a mouse is I don't have a mouse pad so trying to set cool records becomes impossible with my wrists sticking to the desk.
I have a small gap between my mousepad and the edge of my desk because of the abrasion on my wrist. Using a wrist sweatband on hot days when my arm sticks to my desk helps a lot with vertical mobility, it may add a little height that I'm not used to... but it beats sticking to the desk.
Try a sweatband, it's a little geekish but it works. I had a few lying around already anyway so I just grabbed 1 one day and put it on.
Minty Gum
I like playing with my tablet... I won't say it's better or worse than a mouse because I'm not that experienced with a mouse for osu! and I honestly don't care. People should do what's most natural to them, which is a tablet in my case.
Baron Nefarious
I play touch screen on a tablet PC (8.9") and my hands predictably get in the way, screwing up my combos. It is still the most fun to me by far, despite this issue.
Poligen
Well put!
Kalas_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

If you switch from mouse to tablet, you will suck after switching it back to mouse.
Sotodashi
Tablets > Mouse

And that is coming from a mouse user.
LoGo
Hate tablet, 2 years spent with it and now after 1 month+ i can pretty much do same things with mouse(still can't get rid of loosing space for mouse but hope that with practice it will fade)
Futurola

kriers wrote:

Mouse wins. Next.
Vmx
quit tablet 25th december after playing with it for over a year, best thing I have done in osu!, mouse is much more fun and I am better with mouse.
buny

LoGo wrote:

Hate tablet, 2 years spent with it and now after 1 month+ i can pretty much do same things with mouse(still can't get rid of loosing space for mouse but hope that with practice it will fade)
that's because cursor control is easily learnt, whereas MOST of the skill required to even play (reading timing etc) are transferred
Kanye West

Kalas wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

If you switch from mouse to tablet, you will suck after switching it back to mouse.
This is completely wrong on so many different levels.
Soly
ishmamur
Idk what you guys are talking about, laptop touchpad is clearly the best :P
Frankly, it is not different between tablets and mouse.
because Recently I changed from mouse to tablets. so I know.
just tablets may be merits, you make your cursor movement softly, and accuracy is higher than mouse. A LITTLE AT ALL.
Furthermore if you effort, surpass those.
Knarf
I used to fail to FC Hard diff beatmap when I was using a mouse, but after switching to tablet apparently I will not easily miss a note, even if I miss it is probably because I cannot catch the beat (time), not distance.
Endyron

thelewa wrote:

Xact wrote:

It's more fun and easier on your hand and wrist...
Nope
ever since I started playing with a tablet I've had to deal with immense wrist pain that won't go away
Same with my mouse, after playing an hour or so i cant turn my hand left ;D
Nub1
Switched to tablet since February and will stop using it when I broke my tablet (well tablet arent cheap and it will go waste if I'm not using it)

and yeah it helped me a lot since my mouse doesnt have enough space to move
Rewben2
dat necro

get tablet for streaming 400 bpm
Nub1
didn't realize that this post was bumped up after 10 months, lol.
OperaMini0
I used a mouse for around a month playing osu and sucked at spinners, then I switched the mouse hand and found out why: because i'm left handed and use the mouse with my right hand, so I got around 130 RPM with the right hand and around 220 with the left. I switched to a tablet (a DS) and was suddenly good at everything, mostly because I was awful with a mouse
ksg
How do people even find these threads?
Vuelo Eluko

Rewben2 wrote:

dat necro

get tablet for streaming 400 bpm
lol
AivLiS

ksg- wrote:

Why do people even google "mouse vs tablet osu"
Rewben2

0RBIS ViTA wrote:

ksg- wrote:

Why do people even google "mouse vs tablet osu"
Why do people NECRO

FUCK

MAN
dung eater
hello 8-)
i think mouse and tablet are both maybe :? good :D but :P everyone has theyre owned opinions :)