forum

Tablet vs Mouse

posted
Total Posts
show more
RhaiizoN
I have a tablet, just bought it and tried a couple weeks (almost a month), it's HARD
but I stack plays with a mouse somehow, thought if I have a tablet it makes me better :/
N A L U
I have never used mouse in osu!.... so tablet.
haineko123
i use tablet cause i happen to have one when i started playing osu...so yea...i use tablet...

its all personal preference. if you use mouse you gradually get used to it and if you use tablet you just get used to it. the more you use it the better you get at it. :)
Liut
WELL i played mouse for 2 months~
i recently bought a tablet and i tried it like 3-4 days , and i still can't get used to it.
Some moviments are really weird for me , like jumps and stuff >3<
I will give it some other time untill i return it
JulyXC
Mouse.
silmarilen

Liutprando wrote:

WELL i played mouse for 2 months~
i recently bought a tablet and i tried it like 3-4 days , and i still can't get used to it.
Some moviments are really weird for me , like jumps and stuff >3<
I will give it some other time untill i return it
i highly doubt anybody cant be as good as 2 months of mouse epxerience in just a couple of days with tablet.
kriers
I had to practise with tablet for 1 month to catch up with mouse, and then I had to play mouse for 6 months to catch up with tablet D:
thelewa
I had to practice a few days with a mouse to catch up to the level of skill I was after 8 months of tablet playing.
kriers
you are amazing... Never go back to tablet!
sCam
Play with a mouse. It really is hard to play with, especially for the harder/insane maps(obviously)
Never tried a tablet before, but I will buy one soon when I get the money. Just to see how good I can be with a tablet, not just with a mouse.
Salvage
tablet = instant cookiezi never miss ever

lol dohh
chibilawl
Same as dunku
Frizz
It's harder to play with tablet if it's your first time using it. Some people even ended up going back to mouse. The others keep it.
gat1toneku

Frizz925 wrote:

It's harder to play with tablet if it's your first time using it. Some people even ended up going back to mouse. The others keep it.
usually those people who are too good with mouse ended up going back to mouse
-Athena-

kriers wrote:

Mouse wins. Next.
BIG BIG YEAH!
SnowReborn
tablet for osu is much easier, but touch screen xDDD more easier, i think tablet is most stable tool to play osu :o
Kanye West

SnowReborn wrote:

tablet for osu is much easier, but touch screen xDDD more easier, i think tablet is most stable tool to play osu :o
It's next to impossible to do long streams using a touchscreen though. Unless you can tap your screen really, really fast.
Soly
M i l o t i c

gat1toneku wrote:

Frizz925 wrote:

usually those people who are too good with mouse ended up going back to mouse
silmarilen
i think i would suck if i switched to touch screen
F m L_old
touch screen is bs

its hard to stream with it
TenDesires_old
I wonder how does it feels when playing on a Cintiq tablet :D
Kazenari Tsubasa

kriers wrote:

Mouse wins. Next.
Mythras
JUST switched to tablet after 2 years of mouse (had big tax return check so i was like fuck it)

Main differences:

1. Spinning is 10000000000000000x easier. I spin like a god instantly, tho I wasn't bad with a mouse, you just have way more control with tab.

2. It's more fun, hovering the pen above the little pad is fun I don't know why

3. Hitting small notes is easier.

4. Streaming was easier with the mouse, tho im sure that will change.

The same day I bought it I improved a few of my SS's, in a couple weeks im sure the improvement will be drastic if I keep practicing.
silmarilen
i mostly hear people say spinning is easier with mouse :/
Kazenari Tsubasa

silmarilen wrote:

i mostly hear people say spinning is easier with mouse :/
of course O.o
Atelier Nugra
both are good :D

im using tablet because my job and its fun when i play with it :D, sometimes i playing with mouse too but when i play with mouse i suck at my spin D:
Frizz
Spinning with mouse is tiring anyway.
Kumanoko
I'm a Mouse-only player
I deem it easy to move the cursor and hit
_Sammus
Wierd question but I have an ipad can I use that for OSU too? And how does it work message me (:
:!: 8-)
kriers
what in the world has that got to do with the heroic battle between mouse and tablet?
And no. You can play osu!stream, though.

What's with all the 1-posting derps around?
Mithos

kriers wrote:

what in the world has that got to do with the heroic battle between mouse and tablet?
And no. You can play osu!stream, though.

What's with all the 1-posting derps around?
I think he was just thinking he could use his Ipad as a tablet PC monitor for osu. There is probably a jailbroken mod with it, but your not supposed to jailbreak it so yea.
Zelmarked

Mithost wrote:

kriers wrote:

There is probably a jailbroken mod with it, but your not supposed to jailbreak it so yea.
A manufacturer has no right telling you what you can and can't do with your device.
Disregard if you were just warning they could be blocked/disconnected, etc. Because they have the ability to do that although they shouldn't be able to.
SoulessDespair
JUST got a tablet after maybe a year of mouse + x/y from keyboard. Spent about 1 day getting used to it and tuning it my comfort zone. All I gotta say is, imo it's easier than mouse. I set up a small zone on it so my cursor moves quickly as if on high sensitivity, then I just treat it like a mouse but in pen form. The only reason I switched was because for songs with 750+ notes I always somehow seem to run out of room with my mouse and then I mess up because I don't get time to adjust it back into place on insane + higher skill lvl songs, but not at all with this tablet, it's awesome. Oh and spinning is hella easier, I'm a wide spinner with a mouse and can do over 400 pretty easily i just have to use hella arm force so it gets tiring, but for this tablet i just draw little quick O's around the middle which woul be hard as hell to do with a mouse, but easy with a tablet ^.^

*Edit* It has now been 2 days, I've went back to songs I've gotten A's on, and S'ed them if not double Ss'ed HELL i've even silver double ss a 5 star song on hidden which i didn't try before with a mouse. Besides the earlier things I stated, I'd say the biggest improvement I've seen using the tablet, is how much smoother my cursor flows, I overjump notes little to never now and it's sooooo much smoother.

On a side note, I'm a little scared, it's been about 2 days now and the portion i downsized my screen to for the tablet has already been scratched off a bit because i drag the pen rather than hover, i only pick up and hover to jump, though dragging us just as easy without hover.
Royboyvdm

SoulessDespair wrote:

JUST got a tablet after maybe a year of mouse + x/y from keyboard. Spent about 1 day getting used to it and tuning it my comfort zone. All I gotta say is, imo it's easier than mouse. I set up a small zone on it so my cursor moves quickly as if on high sensitivity, then I just treat it like a mouse but in pen form. The only reason I switched was because for songs with 750+ notes I always somehow seem to run out of room with my mouse and then I mess up because I don't get time to adjust it back into place on insane + higher skill lvl songs, but not at all with this tablet, it's awesome. Oh and spinning is hella easier, I'm a wide spinner with a mouse and can do over 400 pretty easily i just have to use hella arm force so it gets tiring, but for this tablet i just draw little quick O's around the middle which woul be hard as hell to do with a mouse, but easy with a tablet ^.^

*Edit* It has now been 2 days, I've went back to songs I've gotten A's on, and S'ed them if not double Ss'ed HELL i've even silver double ss a 5 star song on hidden which i didn't try before with a mouse. Besides the earlier things I stated, I'd say the biggest improvement I've seen using the tablet, is how much smoother my cursor flows, I overjump notes little to never now and it's sooooo much smoother.

On a side note, I'm a little scared, it's been about 2 days now and the portion i downsized my screen to for the tablet has already been scratched off a bit because i drag the pen rather than hover, i only pick up and hover to jump, though dragging us just as easy without hover.

I used to be the same as you, hovering felt pretty much impossible, but after forcing to do it for a while, it went way better as dragging, and since im hovering i cant drag it anymore
Zelmarked
I think I'll go ahead and get a tablet. I've got a tax return to burn.
emonite
Strangely I feel more comfortable using mouse than tablet,spinning with mouse is nothing to me.
Mythras
Spinning is RIDICULOUSLY easy on a tablet. I can outspin most of the players in the entire game at this point (had tablet around 1 month). (sadly that's about all I can say lol) Granted I wasn't bad at mouse spinning either but drawing little circles on the tablet is super easy orz.

Though I'm thinking this is maybe because of how i use the tablet, which is 90% wrist 10% fingers 0% arm

Still have another month of at least 2k plays to get through before my skill level is close to what I want on the tablet ><.
meiikyuu

emonite wrote:

spinning with mouse is nothing to me.
Nyu_old2
Right now I'm using a mouse mainly because I don't have a tablet atm. I tried it when my friend let me borrow hers and I thought it was fun ^^

Personally I don't see a "skill' difference between using the 2, they both have advantages and disadvantages. It all comes down to what you're more comfortable playing with, but that's just my opinion. Getting a tablet because you think it'll make you pro is just stupid.
show more