forum

I know how stupid this is, but...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuuki Konno
Alright, this might be the dumbest complaint of all time, but with laser coming up I have to say it.
I really don't like the scores being capped out at 1 million. I don't see any reason to make this change in the first place.

I believe that seeing a larger score is far more fulfilling, and well deserved. The only way to see a score in the hundreds of millions is to play a lengthy map. I think that's an amazing feeling, as well as being awe inspiring to new players. If I had joined and saw the highest Freedom Dive score at just 987,342 (or something similar), I would have lost a large part of the wonder I felt as a new player.

It's also worth noting the influence this will have on the score stats and the mapping meta. If you gain the same amount of score for a one star that's 30 seconds long, what meaning does the score stat have anymore? When the score-hunters want to raise their stats, they will no longer look for songs like Uta and try to challenge themselves to FC for 300 million score. Instead, they will go to another minute long, generic anime op. Even if you aren't a "score-hunter", I know I will feel far less motivated to attempt these marathon maps. As I said in the title, it might seem rediculous to think that such a small part of the game will make such a big difference, but look at skins. There are thousands of skins just to change the aesthetics of the game, let alone a feature such a score.

Well, I know how stupid this post is, but I hope you agree that it's nice to see a couple hundred million under your name! :P :P
Flanster
Suggestions and feedback can go here: https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues