forum

Fun stuff I found on osu!...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winshley
IppE
By forcing a resolution not supported by your monitor/graphics card, thus causing osu! to pad it with a magical void.
Topic Starter
Winshley

IppE wrote:

By forcing a resolution not supported by your monitor/graphics card, thus causing osu! to pad it with a magical void.
Wrong~ Both my graphic card and monitor apparently can support it. :P
mathexpert
photoshop?
Sterlin_old
Haxx.
Topic Starter
Winshley

mathexpert9981 wrote:

photoshop?
No. The image is sent to "osu.ppy.sh/ss", which can only be uploaded within the game client itself.

Sterlin wrote:

Haxx.
I knew someone would answer this. Unfortunately, I don't even touch the internal part of the game, much less altering/hacking it. :P

*goes to sleep while awaiting someone who can guess this right* :P

EDIT: Hint: this can only be done under windowed mode.
boat
you suck at the game thus you broke it and shit happened
IppE

Winshley wrote:

Nope, I've done that in fullscreen exactly how I thought you did it.
Topic Starter
Winshley

IppE wrote:

Winshley wrote:

Nope, I've done that in fullscreen exactly how I thought you did it.
Yes, but you need to note that I'm using 800×600 there all the time. :P

You'll get similar stuff if you're forcing custom (read: non-standard) resolutions and set to Fullscreen. How about standard resolutions?
mm201
By setting a resolution your driver isn't reporting as available.

Other than by editing the osu!.username.cfg, you can do this (with nvidia; ATI instructions may be different) by adding a custom resolution in your video setup, setting osu! to use that resolution in fullscreen, exiting osu!, then removing the custom resolution and restarting osu!.

Under windowed, you can accomplish it by sending the hwnd a forced resize message. There are various tweak tools to do this. Most of the time, they just cause nonsense like this, but sometimes the window might do cool things when you resize it.
Topic Starter
Winshley

mm201 wrote:

Under windowed, you can accomplish it by sending the hwnd a forced resize message. There are various tweak tools to do this. Most of the time, they just cause nonsense like this, but sometimes the window might do cool things when you resize it.
You got it right~ :D (Well, that's to be expected from dev anyway :P)

I only used a very simple program that is built into Windows itself: Task Manager.

Shohei Ohtani
Haruhi_sama
MOG IT'S FUNNNNNN ;_D
ampzz
When are we meant to care?
Corin

Winshley wrote:

mm201 wrote:

You got it right~ :D (Well, that's to be expected from dev anyway :P)

I only used a very simple program that is built into Windows itself: Task Manager.

I force-maximized osu! window from there
[attachment=0:467cb]Task Manager.png[/attachment:467cb]
So tl;dr IppE got it right.
Zelmarked
those

Winshley wrote:

IppE wrote:

Wrong~ Both my graphic card and monitor apparently can support it. :P
Well, don't you sound like an arrogant prick.
Sinistro
Since the riddle has been solved, the thread can be considered to have fully served its purpose.