forum

PP only for long maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Begissor
I suggest removing or strongly downgrade the pp scoring for the maps shorter than two minutes.

I think this will solve the problem of PP inflation and will eliminate the epidemic of tv-sizes making them just a fan map.

And also it will increase the importance of the PP as an skill index.

What you think about this?

(Sorry for bad english, I used google)
Sandy Hoey
Is someone mad they can't farm tv size effectively? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Anemic Witch
Who cares about pp anyway?
everyone does
Full Tablet
The epidemic of TV-size maps is not caused by the pp system, TV-size maps have been the most common kind of map since the game was created (way before the pp system existed).
abraker
45 sec maps get the best of it
This is why the combo system is a bunch of baloney
Edgar_Figaro

Full Tablet wrote:

The epidemic of TV-size maps is not caused by the pp system, TV-size maps have been the most common kind of map since the game was created (way before the pp system existed).
Just look at maps ranked in Taiko lately. Majority of maps are 5 min+ qualifies Maps. This is due to the length bonus being such a dominating factor in Taiko PP
worst fl player

Master_chan wrote:

everyone does
Not everyone
Nitrous
Removing pp for tv sizes will cause so much trouble and iirc drain time is accounted. You'd be getting more pp in longer maps than shorter maps if they're technically mapped the same way (if possible)
Tanomoshii Nekojou
removing pp for short maps is like 'no pp for new players'. :3
Topic Starter
Begissor
The experinced marathon players have a less pp than random tv-size farmers.

It hurts to look at this

When the meta of short beatmaps ends?
_Meep_
There is no meta of short beatmaps, this will be here forever
Tv sizes are much easier/faster to rank than long 5 min maps. Modding is also much more efficient and faster on tv size maps
Also, the only difference between a marathon player and your average tv size pp farmer is just stamina, nothing else :/ nothing
I agree with nitrous that it will be very very annoying to change it now since it will cause an uproar lol
Etsu
What is good is to increase the pp system by minutes and lessen the difficulties although the probability that they remove pp for those of size TV is less since most of the players are accustomed and if they remove it it would be boring for them they.
Topic Starter
Begissor
Fujoshi
Honestly, I'd be kinda upset then.
Since I get pain in the fingers easily, and couldn't try to improve on maps then either.