forum

What if we Stream with 3 or more keys?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cygnus
I was just wondering. No i'm not requesting for it to happen.

Btw, what if if ever osu! was made to stream with 3 or more keys? (e.g z,x,c,v)
do you think osu! maps will become purely made up of Speedcores? :)
Nharox
2 keys are enough, really. And we don't need fast maps, we need good ones. :?
Neruell
You can do it with any 3rd party software on your own if you like. It won't be easier though.
gat1toneku
i don't there would be any difference, whether it's streaming with two keys or, say, 10. it's just the intervals that are different
tasko_old

Neruell wrote:

You can do it with any 3rd party software on your own if you like. It won't be easier though.
Not necessarily- Osu! sees only two keys in, M1 and M2. If GlovePIE or something maps another series of keys to the mouse button or whatever keyboard keys you mapped in osu, it still acts like 2 keys. Meaning that if you don't release the other keys bound, it won't see the other keypress, and won't register.

Coming from Stepmania, only having 2 keys to do rhythm with sucks pretty hard. Even if it's a bit slower than complex SM songs, after a lot of practice 2 fingers get tired pretty quickly.
Neruell
I really doubt that you need to press 3 or even 2 buttons at the same time in osu! so what you would need it for is making it possible to stream with 3 or 4 fingers making it "slower" and "easier" to play. If it will be really like that I don't know.
ziin

tasko wrote:

Neruell wrote:

Not necessarily- Osu! sees only two keys in, M1 and M2. If GlovePIE or something maps another series of keys to the mouse button or whatever keyboard keys you mapped in osu, it still acts like 2 keys. Meaning that if you don't release the other keys bound, it won't see the other keypress, and won't register.

Coming from Stepmania, only having 2 keys to do rhythm with sucks pretty hard. Even if it's a bit slower than complex SM songs, after a lot of practice 2 fingers get tired pretty quickly.
set up each key to send a macro which presses the key it actually is for 10 ms, then lets go and turn off keyboard repeat.
Tom69_old

ziin wrote:

set up each key to send a macro which presses the key it actually is for 10 ms, then lets go and turn off keyboard repeat.
And sliders? Won't work.

You could still get an advantage if you map c to z and v to x for example. Having played piano for more than 10 years I am sure this helps a LOT in terms of speed. However I am not sure if this could be treated as cheating, so I personally neither recommend nor use it.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Tom94 wrote:

ziin wrote:

And sliders? Won't work.

You could still get an advantage if you map c to z and v to x for example. Having played piano for more than 10 years I am sure this helps a LOT in terms of speed. However I am not sure if this could be treated as cheating, so I personally neither recommend nor use it.
i don't find it cheating though. Since I have a program installed on my laptop. And that program actually manipulates your keyboard permanently unless you want to reset it back. Once you applied the settings, you don't have to open the program to start with the 'cheating' or whatever is called. But no srsly, i still find streaming with 2 keys better.
MMzz
Mouse click + z + x = ?
Tom69_old

MMzz wrote:

Mouse click + z + x = ?
Depends on if you use both mouse buttons or just one...

In any case, if you use an odd amount of keys you will get problems as at one point you will be pressing the (at least to osu!) same key twice in a row. The second key will not be recognized if the first one is still being held down.
mekadon_old
Personally I don't think this can be considered cheating because you still need skills to stream, unless doing this can make you SS DT a stream map from always failing it then it's a different story.
senaya
i knew players who streamed with 3 keys or with keys + mouse clicks. to each his own, i suppose.
nVidi4x
i've tried to stream with 3 keys, and is not faster, i enjoy this game with precision not with 300bpm hard streams Q.Q
Shiro
It would be way too hard. What's difficult in streaming isn't the speed - try it, you'll realize you can singletap faster than you can stream. It's the coordination between the two fingers to get the right BPM (that is, not too fast or too slow) and keep it somewhat constant.
Coordinating three fingers this way would be impossible.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Hmm, just tried the remapping thing. Used z,x,c,v to stream. I thik it needs a little more practoce when it comes to the releasing of the keys. If you wanna stream high, ou better release the keys fast as you click them which totally sucks. But atleast i've streamed at 350BPM. But i still suck at jumps though, so back to z and x. Lol
pppatrick
2 keys are enough
to stream with 3 keys can be faster but also more diffcult to control :3
winber1

Odaril wrote:

It would be way too hard. What's difficult in streaming isn't the speed - try it, you'll realize you can singletap faster than you can stream. It's the coordination between the two fingers to get the right BPM (that is, not too fast or too slow) and keep it somewhat constant.
Coordinating three fingers this way would be impossible.
not if the map is in 3/4 meter :D

3 keys would definitely help in streaming tho, especially for small triplet streams, but there are also its downsides since I'm already so used to 2 key streaming. i guess you could use some other programs to have three keys, but osu itself probably will never actually have a third key.
Shohei Ohtani
STREAM WITH ALL THE KEYS.

But yeah, streaming with 4 fingers while moving your mouse in specific patterns would be kinds silly to control~.