forum

Is EZ Mod without hit-numbers viable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HyperSlayer72
Heyo, im looking to increase my ability to maintain consistency as hit-object density goes up. I thought ez mod would be a nice way to supplement my improvement. I was wondering, while I know your supposed to use contrasting combo colors and clear numbers, considering that I was to improve my reading and not my "counting ability" would it be such a bad idea to play without numbers?
abraker
I actually have my skin to remove numbers to do just that, and it also removes combo color. Does it help with reading? I don't play EZ often enough nor am good at it to say for sure, but I do believe it will lead you to keep track of the order in which the notes appear. This would be a mix of short-term memory and reading skills as you go through the clutter and try not to get confused which note is the one you need to hit.
DXPOHIHIHI
Tbh ez mod is a ton way more difficult than hr
KupcaH

szkiller wrote:

Tbh ez mod is a ton way more difficult than hr
Depends on map
h3oCharles
Anemic Witch
Having at least two combo colors is recommended. As for numbers they will help you with reading until you learn to read approach circles, after that doesn't matter much.
Topic Starter
HyperSlayer72

Master_chan wrote:

Having at least two combo colors is recommended. As for numbers they will help you with reading until you learn to read approach circles, after that doesn't matter much.

Alright thanks for all the reply's everyone, ill probably go without hit numbers from the beginning to force myself to read approach circles.
abraker

Ok thread is done time to go

zeplic
2 combos is kind of iffy depending on the note density, the more difficult the map it might be more useful to use maybe up to 4 combo colors that progress in a sequence that you memorize easily- like pink-> blue -> green -> gray ; if you always know the combo colors will be in that order it could help navigating a scary map. Especially without numbers i'd imagine.

-- Also follow point timing can be adjusted to be helpful by either making them more, or less noticeable- entirely preference though.

soz4crossingtheyellowtape
Endaris
ew
Wouldn't recommend you to learn EZ without numbers. You can think about leaving them out later but numbers are simply invaluable to get back into the map after you lost track of what is happening - and this is something that happens quite often when you start out.
Kyrari
If you're already proficient in EZ then I'm sure you can eventually read anything with/without hit-numbers, but if you're just starting out then not using it just makes reading them unnecessarily harder for no reason.
abraker

Endaris wrote:

ew
Wouldn't recommend you to learn EZ without numbers. You can think about leaving them out later but numbers are simply invaluable to get back into the map after you lost track of what is happening - and this is something that happens quite often when you start out.
well what happens if you start hard? Other than eternal suffering, that is.
h3oCharles
what about EZHD?
abraker

h3oCharles wrote:

what about EZHD?
we are not ready for such thing