forum

chess skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
my first skin so I hope you like it. This skin is for maina catch and regular
please post how you think I can improve this skin thank you.

Last Version

Download here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2ze91cjqiaod19/Chess.osk?dl=0

screenshots
osu

Spinner

RockRoller
no pics, no clicks
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
I have screen shots but do not know how to upload them i nkow to use media fire but do not know after that
Frogsi

joseph1brown wrote:

I have screen shots but do not know how to upload them i nkow to use media fire but do not know after that
Ingame Screenshot: Press F12
Upload on ShareX (puu.sh). [Download ShareX from the Internet]
Press the Button "Box" in the comment editing section.
After "=" write the Name of the screenshot that you took (e.g.: [Box=Main Menu])
Now in between "][" click the "Img" Button in the comment editing section and post the link between "[img]LINK[/img]"
Now you have screenshots that you can open and create a cool layout of screenshots.
h3oCharles

FroxXyyy wrote:

Ingame Screenshot: Press F12

that, or use SHIFT+F12 to upload screenshots
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
I have screen shots know
h3oCharles
seems... /r/osugame level low effort
Choilicious
We're back in 2010 of skinning
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
That's a little harsh but I do agree that it does not have good graphics and has no HD elements but I will try to make it better
my name is hi
2010 doesn't mean bad. It literally has the style of a 2010 skin.
I don't like pattern hitcircles too much and I can't read rectangle mania, but the skin itself isn't bad. There is one thing that bothers me though, the animoo mod icon shown in the screenshots looks really out of place :/

Some elements of the skin also look a bit out of place, like the colors and elements don't all fit together.
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
what do you mean by :?:

Boaring wrote:

I can't read rectangle mania.
my name is hi
I'm bad when the notes are rectangles in mania.
h3oCharles
ok, here I go... judging by the screenshots:
std:
visible 300s REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
lighting is just waaaaay too big
the hc texture is better than previously, but it's noticable to the point where it's distracting
which goes in par with hc numbers - not only that the texture is so distracting, but also pair it with 100% dim and from my reading I see circles with keyholes instead of numbers
sliderends in 2018 LUL
score x is distracting due to the rest of the numbers being black fill, white stroke

mania:
there's nothing about chess in this portion
UNRAKED

ctb:
surprisingly, this works really well. The only complaint I have is the catcher - due to it's dark colors, it blends in too much with 100% dim. It reminds me of glow-in-the-dark clay
AncuL
also mania : it reminds me of 2013 skins

The only part this skin is related with chess is on ctb imo
Topic Starter
joseph1brown
Thanks for replying h3ocharles, I will try to fix the lighting so it is not such a bright skin and make the mania part of the skin look like a chess skin.
xeru98
Download is broken
Topic Starter
joseph1brown

xeru98 wrote:

Download is broken
*Fixed