forum

Mouse vs pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
venceroze
Sorry for opening another mouse vs pen thread... its just that i come from moba scene and searching in those forums just take too long time.

https://youtu.be/eTrY4HDRrFg
In this video we can see that pen is inferior, even if shigetora is on pen side. I mean even without him pen would win.

Why is it so? Why is it so much eazier to perform with a pen? And could this mean, if you think it further, that a small mouse is better than a fat one?

I hit already #100 in heroes of the storm, had to pause it tho cause no inet. My aim is pretty pretty good and i love adc champs.

Now i want to learn better theories and i cant find this in moba unfortunately since very rare people just think that much of perfect and fast aiming.
Topic Starter
venceroze
And thx for help to everyone who take my questions serious! <3
pandaBee
Its mostly preference. Tablets just happen to be easier to point and click with for a lot of people and theres the advantage of absolute positioning. This has already been discussed to death
Kishuya
what about touchscreen?! touchism!. no, but seriously, as PandaBee stated it's personal preference, there are some pretty good mouse players like FunOrange, Mouse easy, EX-ANGELES (he switched to tablet) and FlyingTuna.
Topic Starter
venceroze
I know about many good mouse players... but actually PandaBee's answer about absolute positioning is what ive searched for!

So absolute positioning stops mouse drifting.
I get what mouse drifiting is, but what kind of positionings are there?
Topic Starter
venceroze
Did i get it right? Absolute positioning is when your cursor on screen is fixed to the points on your pad and relative positionings cursor is calculated by movements. In the case of mouse it calculates with mousedrift.

Edit: and there are only those two types, since anything else than absolute is relativ?
Topic Starter
venceroze
As im reading more and more about it, i think i got it right. Thanks so much PandaBee!!! I know it may sound ridiculous, but you helped me more with this than i couldve expected!
Polemo03
mouse + raw input + high sensitive(Me:about 2.7x) = Very Nice
E m i

venceroze wrote:

https://youtu.be/eTrY4HDRrFg
In this video we can see that pen is inferior, even if shigetora is on pen side. I mean even without him pen would win.

Why is it so? Why is it so much eazier to perform with a pen? And could this mean, if you think it further, that a small mouse is better than a fat one?
If you managed to say those few sentences then it's not likely for you to understand anything

let's just say you're accidentally correct because tablet better on average either way
Akanagi
I have around 50/50 playtime with mouse and tablet.
I switched to tablet recently again and climbed like 10k ranks, while I was basically hardstuck with mouse before.

Only a few things feel easier to play on mouse, while almost everything feels easier with a pen. And when even Angelsim and FunOrange say that mouse is pretty inferior and suboptimal vs a tablet+pen I guess it's safe to say that mouse sucks.

If you want to be on the safe side, just play tablet. People will try to tell you that mouse is bragging rights but in reality noone cares about whether you're mouse or tablet, they'll only judge you based on how good you are.

You'll also not need any kind of godlike flicking mechanics for mobas. I play(ed) ADC myself and you can circumvent almost all aim by just using attackmove on cursor.
Fxjlk
mouse is for computer games

pen is for drawing
The Gambler
Mablet??????
pandaBee
Not the Mablet daddy please
The Gambler

pandaBee wrote:

Not the Mablet daddy please
I only preach the wonders of the mablet, my child. Mafham is the one who brought us that greatness though.

Mafham is god.
Topic Starter
venceroze

Momi wrote:

If you managed to say those few sentences then it's not likely for you to understand anything

let's just say you're accidentally correct because tablet better on average either way
i understood everything better than you think to the point of relative and absolute positioning. i didnt know tablets work that way, since i couldnt see how you use one to draw that way. thats why i expected them to be relative aswell.
on the other hand im well known about mouse techniques

Rayne wrote:

I have around 50/50 playtime with mouse and tablet.
I switched to tablet recently again and climbed like 10k ranks, while I was basically hardstuck with mouse before.

Only a few things feel easier to play on mouse, while almost everything feels easier with a pen. And when even Angelsim and FunOrange say that mouse is pretty inferior and suboptimal vs a tablet+pen I guess it's safe to say that mouse sucks.

If you want to be on the safe side, just play tablet. People will try to tell you that mouse is bragging rights but in reality noone cares about whether you're mouse or tablet, they'll only judge you based on how good you are.

You'll also not need any kind of godlike flicking mechanics for mobas. I play(ed) ADC myself and you can circumvent almost all aim by just using attackmove on cursor.
well, in heroes of the storm, wich i play, you dont autoattack the closest target to the cursor when you miss. you attack your closest target instead. some nice flickaims come handsome for fast aa champs and healer in this game (clutch heals are mostly flick for me somehow). even if there is the a click option in the settings, its bugged.

thx for beeing honest! i appreciate it :)
Fxjlk
Mouse drift isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you are good at re positioning with your grip you can nullify it.

The proof of this is that there is a good number of top level players that play mouse.

It may affect your learning curve in some way but the skill ceiling seems to be the same.
Topic Starter
venceroze

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Mouse drift isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you are good at re positioning with your grip you can nullify it.

The proof of this is that there is a good number of top level players that play mouse.

It may affect your learning curve in some way but the skill ceiling seems to be the same.
i never mentioned mousedrifting, but it is logic in the point of technique and is good in my opinion, because of the ankle of your hand. it is fixed too.