forum

[Archived] Microstutter-esque problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Setsuna
Problem Details:

When I start playing a song, the map would freeze momentarily (about a quarter of a second or less) while the song would still play.

I fixed my microstuttering for all of my games for osu. The fps counter at the bottom right does not show the red bars anymore, but the problem is still prevalent.

Please help, I just started playing again and these are mainly the reasons why I quit this game.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is it just the start? is so, make sure your Universal offset in the options menu is 0.
Kao
That happened to a certain PC before and only compatibility mode fixed it
Topic Starter
Setsuna
@dnt

No it's a continuous problem. It lasts throughout the whole song.

@Kao

Yeah i don't know why my PC is acting up.

Any suggestions guys? I already use compatibility mode by default because I use Win10
Death
Windows 10 does not automatically force you to use Compatibility mode, maybe try running the game without it enabled?

Try closing any other programs you have running in the background. Antivirus has also been known to cause lag so you can also try disabling it, but do so at your own risk. Please also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Topic Starter
Setsuna
Sorry, by default I meant I just immediately use comp. mode whenever I format my hard drive and redl osu.

I'll try to run without it though, thanks for the suggestion. As for the antivirus, I don't have an active one like Norton. I do have Malwarebytes though.

@Death

TYVM. Enabling Fullscreen and turning off Compatibility mode has helped a lot. I think it was mostly due to the fact that I kept it on because my CPU would melt when I keep it at factory clocked (I seldomly clean my case and I recently just fully cleaned it out around 2-3 weeks ago). Because of that, I had to underclock it for a long time. I guess it can handle osu without comp. mode again.

Again, thank you very much to everyone =)