1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
show more
posted

JynxLys wrote:

I think it's fairly clear on images, but being a novice skinner, do hitsounds and other audio elements count towards a skin being considered "mixed"?
No they don't count. You can user the sounds from other skins, but it would be nice to give credit to the original skin, if you know where the sounds are from
posted
Is it ok to use hit circles, approach circles, or the slider ball and all that. I'm not really sure.
posted

CaptainBob221 wrote:

Is it ok to use hit circles, approach circles, or the slider ball and all that. I'm not really sure.
These are elements. All elements are applied to this rule except for sounds
posted
im literally making a skin mashup for ALL gamemodes, please dont ruin this

[img:1337][/img:1337]
posted

zayed_mh wrote:

im literally making a skin mashup for ALL gamemodes, please dont ruin this
This is not your playground. This is a public place and it has rules. Just like a country has a set of rules. Deal with it.
EDIT1: You can place your mixed skins in your userpage, however
posted
Do we have to ask for permission from the original creator if we are making a mixed skin (Obviously not posting in forums)
posted

ItsMinus wrote:

Do we have to ask for permission from the original creator if we are making a mixed skin (Obviously not posting in forums)
No you don't have to, if it is for private use only.
posted
Just to get it right, anyones allowed to mix skins however distributing that skin on this forum is "ilegal" ive mixed skins for a while now and given to friends on discord, not claiming them to be my own, however is this something i should stop due to this rule?
posted

tomonosu wrote:

Just to get it right, anyones allowed to mix skins however distributing that skin on this forum is "ilegal" ive mixed skins for a while now and given to friends on discord, not claiming them to be my own, however is this something i should stop due to this rule?
It only says you aren't allowed to post mixed skins on this forum, anywhere else is completely fine.
posted
Can I post mixed skins if I give proper credit for the elements, listing them and where they're from, and getting permission from the skinner?
posted

Firetrucks wrote:

Can I post mixed skins if I give proper credit for the elements, listing them and where they're from, and getting permission from the skinner?
no
posted
will i recieve a "first and last" warning of skin being mixed, or its instant delete witout a single warning?
and what should i do if an element looks really similar to some other skin element, but i made it myself?
posted

CryptoChan wrote:

will i recieve a "first and last" warning of skin being mixed, or its instant delete witout a single warning?
and what should i do if an element looks really similar to some other skin element, but i made it myself?
If its just aa few elements you get a warning and need to change it. If it is a big part of the skin it will just get deleted usually