1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
posted
First of all I would like to thank all the users "reporting" or "taking charge" and alerting users that posting mixed skins is not allowed. As it's already been addressed before, I won't go into details about the apparent lack of "moderation" for this subforum. But do know we appreciate everybody that steps up and takes matters into their own hand, it does help.

However, users seem to be negating most of their efforts by not giving proper information, or are simply making baseless claims when it comes to mixed skins.

When reporting or claiming a skin is mixed, please provide proof or more information on the matter, simply claiming "This skin is mixed" and then expecting moderator action is unreasonable. Most moderators are not skinners, so they do not have the knowledge of every skin. And if they did, no saying they could recognize one element out of many at a glimpse. So I request that if you do find a mixed skin, please provide a link to the (or a) skin that it takes elements from, a name, or the element itself, just something to give the Moderators some basis to take action on. Baseless claims of "this skin is mixed because I said so" won't get any response, and for the most part is a waste of time for all individuals involved. If you're confident a skin is mixed, that most likely means you know what skin the element is from, so you might as well tell us. That teeny bit of extra effort would help us greatly, and make things easier for all of us.

Again thanks to all involved, it's very much appreciated. And of course, if you have questions or comments, feel free to reply to this thread.
posted
Is it ok to post mixed skin outside osu community?
posted

Xangsane14 wrote:

Is it ok to post mixed skin outside osu community?
Yes ,No problem.
posted

Xangsane14 wrote:

Is it ok to post mixed skin outside osu community?
Anywhere BUT NOT the skinning forum is fine unless otherwise specified.
posted
thanks
posted
Hmm I combined Stainain (osu! mania) and Rafis (osu!) skins, it's easier having them both together then switching skins every time you want to switch modes. Guess I won't post it. I'm gonna show Stainain though.
posted
TL;DR : When reporting mixed skins, name at least one element that you know for sure that it is not theirs
posted
I think some elements should be allowed, if you get permission from the original creator.
posted

_Maze wrote:

I think some elements should be allowed, if you get permission from the original creator.
That is how it was till 2months ago. Due to the rising amount of mixed skins the rules got changed.
posted

_Maze wrote:

I think some elements should be allowed, if you get permission from the original creator.
Some people were able to get away with some elements from the default skin for some reason

also, mixing sounds is allowed
posted

h3oCharles wrote:


Some people were able to get away with some elements from the default skin for some reason
You mean I can't just leave some elements from default and be done with it?
posted

dtnc21 wrote:

You mean I can't just leave some elements from default and be done with it?
depends on what element it is. Lots of ppl like to leave ranking-title behind







and of course combobreak REEEEE
posted
Wait a single minute, my skin is mixed(has Miraie's old blue spinner), has the Aesthetic HP Bar, so i cant post my skin here? I cant make my own because my desktop PC dont have a Wifi Piece so i rather play offline or do something else in my notebook(whereas im here right now)



Goddammit i made my skin on osuskinner.com
posted

raulzito1 wrote:

Wait a single minute, my skin is mixed(has Miraie's old blue spinner), has the Aesthetic HP Bar, so i cant post my skin here? I cant make my own because my desktop PC dont have a Wifi Piece so i rather play offline or do something else in my notebook(whereas im here right now)



Goddammit i made my skin on osuskinner.com
Yup, you're not allowed to post this skin here. But you can still put it in your userpage or signature of course x)
posted
I think it's fairly clear on images, but being a novice skinner, do hitsounds and other audio elements count towards a skin being considered "mixed"?
posted

JynxLys wrote:

I think it's fairly clear on images, but being a novice skinner, do hitsounds and other audio elements count towards a skin being considered "mixed"?
No they don't count. You can user the sounds from other skins, but it would be nice to give credit to the original skin, if you know where the sounds are from
posted
Is it ok to use hit circles, approach circles, or the slider ball and all that. I'm not really sure.
posted

CaptainBob221 wrote:

Is it ok to use hit circles, approach circles, or the slider ball and all that. I'm not really sure.
These are elements. All elements are applied to this rule except for sounds
posted
im literally making a skin mashup for ALL gamemodes, please dont ruin this


[img:1337][/img:1337]
posted

zayed_mh wrote:

im literally making a skin mashup for ALL gamemodes, please dont ruin this
This is not your playground. This is a public place and it has rules. Just like a country has a set of rules. Deal with it.
EDIT1: You can place your mixed skins in your userpage, however
show more
Please sign in to reply.