forum

hey let's real talk for a sec

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
To add onto what citremi said, it is possible to get a sense of emotion through writing like

this fucking dipshit shit word of fucking writing or
it's not like this writing is meant to trick your emotions or anything lol or
I'm not sure, but if this writing is expressing emotion, nvm or
I don't care what this makes you feel like just but you do you or
etc and so on

but it's not possible to get a real sense of the person's emotions writing those without seeing them face-to-face, like citremi said
It's easier to act online than in real life, and most of it is act for joking. Most, however.
Meah
OMG im so depressed, huhuhuhu
I dropped a 5 peso bill
igorsprite

citremi wrote:

because when you talk over text like this, there's no emotion other than the words themselves, which might not even convey any kind of emotion either

face-to-face, you can tell from the look on their face maybe, but online there's no face to look at

it's almost robotic
you need add emotes (ノ´ヮ´)ノ: ・゚
Saturnalize

Meah wrote:

OMG im so depressed, huhuhuhu
I dropped a 5 peso bill
waaaaah that's saddening to hear :3
abraker

abraker wrote:

Going off what CDFA said, Eph I suggest you still allow dark humor in here but have a pinned thread on top basically saying you don't mind the shit, but also, since OT likes dark humor cake with a cherry on top, have the stuff CDFA said about seeking for help in case the person is actually in trouble.

citremi wrote:

Instead of just sticking it up there verbatim, it'd probably be best to go over it and revise it a bit. Not that I doubt CDFA's advice, but I think it'd be best to make sure we're covering everything.
Can we come up with the actual points to post or are should I go back to circlejerking with CDFA?
Saturnalize
To be honest, everything that needs to be addressed has been posted well by each of you, especially on the second page.

(that and I don't have much to say regarding momi's disapproval of using professional therapist)

so it'd be better to just... lock? It's an announcement, after all. I don't see much of progression other than stating what has been stated.

One thing, anyway, that I'm open to listening if in any case someone just needs a pair of ears for it. I'd be glad that as a community we agree that we're supportive and will not consciously use one's depression as a shitpost material.

English is hard.
semaphore

CDFA wrote:

gigantic wall of text nobody will read.
O_O
Shohei Ohtani

Fser wrote:

CDFA wrote:

gigantic wall of text nobody will read.
O_O
Thanks for your contribution you cheeky cunt
Seph

Momi wrote:

CDFA wrote:

1) Speak with a trained professional.
read opinions about them lol
i have had horrible, nearly traumatizing experiences because my parents took me to whoever
Sorry to hear about that (ok wf i sound like customer service) but then that whoever isnt a professional. That or the practice there isnt as good as I think it is, being a first world country and stuff.

Being a counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist isnt just something that people take up because it pays good, but rather, it pays when you help people with their stuff. I hope the next time you visit one you won't encounter the same uneasiness you probably felt before.

Also, trained professionals arent supposed to tell you what to do, but rather guide you to the steps on being okay. Anything else is a waste of time. And to everyone, being in the field of Psychology or not, lets be mindful of what we say or do, and be a helping hand to others who needs them.
Offdensen
I used to negative talk about myself about two years ago.

NOW IM PRETTY

But if anyone is sad I am here ily <3
Ashton

Ephemeral wrote:

(serious thread)

there's been a frankly obscene level of self-depreciating or negative posts cropping up lately and i'm too old to fully fathom whether this is just some fad to be edgy and pretend to be hurting or whether people are legitimately hurting and just taking the opportunity to vent it in here (or maybe a bit of both)

while i don't wanna stifle stuff here, the level of "i'm gonna kill myself" and "my life is miserable and everything sucks" in this forum lately has exceeded any level that can be considered as "ironically amusing" by any standards, and i'm actually more than a little concerned about a few of you at this point

can we all universally agree to maybe tone back the self-dep and negging a little bit? being stupid and endearingly dumb is perfectly fine and well within the scope of OT but holy shit dudes, there's like five threads on the frontpage at the moment that are some variant of "i wanna die"

It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means stupid not to be stupid in a stupid way but stupid in a not stupid but still stupid way.
E m i

Canadian Baka wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

(serious thread)

there's been a frankly obscene level of self-depreciating or negative posts cropping up lately and i'm too old to fully fathom whether this is just some fad to be edgy and pretend to be hurting or whether people are legitimately hurting and just taking the opportunity to vent it in here (or maybe a bit of both)

while i don't wanna stifle stuff here, the level of "i'm gonna kill myself" and "my life is miserable and everything sucks" in this forum lately has exceeded any level that can be considered as "ironically amusing" by any standards, and i'm actually more than a little concerned about a few of you at this point

can we all universally agree to maybe tone back the self-dep and negging a little bit? being stupid and endearingly dumb is perfectly fine and well within the scope of OT but holy shit dudes, there's like five threads on the frontpage at the moment that are some variant of "i wanna die"

It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means stupid not to be stupid in a stupid way but stupid in a not stupid but still stupid way.
WAt
abraker

Momi wrote:

WAt
ok let me break this down via subsititution

It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means X not to be Y
Let x = stupid
Let y = stupid in a stupid way but stupid in a not stupid but still stupid way

y is a little confusing so let's continue,

to be W in a Z way but W in a V way
Let w = stupid
Let Z = stupid
Let v = stupid but still stupid

We get,
It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means X not to be W in a Z way but W in a V way

Perhaps punctuation will help
It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means X; not to be W in a Z way, but W in a V way
Stanvord

abraker wrote:

Momi wrote:

WAt

Let x = stupid

Let w = stupid
Let Z = stupid

We get,
It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means X not to be W in a Z way but W in a V way

It’s important to note when he says it’s ok to be stupid he means X; not to be W in a Z way, but W in a V way
Because this explanation helps
levesterz

abraker wrote:

Momi wrote:

WAt

Let x = stupid

Let w = stupid
Let Z = stupid

We get,

So thats mean that stupid is not stupid but actually its still stupid in a sense of stupidity and not the other stupid?
abraker

levesterz wrote:

So thats mean that stupid is not stupid but actually its still stupid in a sense of stupidity and not the other stupid?
yes, pretty much. To be more clear,
stupid in the sense of stupidity, but not stupid in the sense of full on retarded stupidity
Stefan
add me as offtopic moderator, that should work
igorsprite

Stefan wrote:

up
abraker

igorsprite wrote:

Stefan wrote:

up
You obviously weren't here during lockthread's reign
Stefan
That were good times, I miss them
Hika

CDFA wrote:

I'm going to kick your ass.
edgy aren’t we Brian

also tbh I should’ve been a moderator a while ago
Aurani

Ephemeral wrote:

(serious thread)

Haha, wait, wait, if this is serious (I'm sorry I still can't take this as serious) it has to be the lowest point this forum has reached in the entirety of its existence, but if it's not then Phem is just a mongrel, so no matter which way I look at it here, it's sad this thread exists.

Just, holy shit.
abraker
welcome to the OTepression era
Saturnalize

abraker wrote:

Meah

abraker wrote:

igorsprite

abraker wrote:

Shohei Ohtani
ya'll were really okay with this until someone was like "fellas this is kinda gay" and then you're all like "haha yeah"
roshan117
this place was my help
Saturnalize

CDFA wrote:

ya'll were really okay with this until someone was like "fellas this is kinda gay" and then you're all like "haha yeah"
only in a quantity that is manageable
Vuelo Eluko

i blame unemployment
E m i

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i blame unemployment
But mom i want to be a housewife
kai99
glad to see eph cares about the minions of OT (´・ω・`)
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
you might be a bunch of little trash gremlins but you're *my* trash gremlins
E m i

Ephemeral wrote:

omg i like it
Penguin

Ephemeral wrote:

<3
kai99