forum

[Archived] Collections dissapeared

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheDark600
Problem Details:
Got some random errors when i started up osu after my pc crashed wile playing the game and then i see that 95% of my maps are not yet calculated and all my collections dissapeared, f5 got me back like 30 maps each time so it took a while to recover all of them but my collections are compleatly gone!

Video or screenshot showing the problem: N/A

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
ZeroxPlaysOsu
Collections are stored locally on your computer and if anything happens to the file keeping track of them and it needs to be recreated, you will lose them.
Topic Starter
TheDark600
So annoying..
Pozy
to stop this from happening in the future, you just need to create a copy of the collections.db file in your osu folder and place it somewhere on your pc, i made a folder for osu files i wanna keep and other peoples collections :)
ZeroxPlaysOsu

Pozy wrote:

to stop this from happening in the future, you just need to create a copy of the collections.db file in your osu folder and place it somewhere on your pc, i made a folder for osu files i wanna keep and other peoples collections :)
That solution is far from perfect though. That would mean that whenever he makes a change to the folder, he'd have to recopy the file.
Topic Starter
TheDark600

ZeroxPlaysOsu wrote:

Pozy wrote:

That solution is far from perfect though. That would mean that whenever he makes a change to the folder, he'd have to recopy the file.
I'll do it if it means that i am not gonna lose my collections anymore