forum

Do you ever have snow before?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mogsy
New England. Our weather patterns are weird. Sometimes we get snow, sometimes we get rain, sometimes the temperatures are above 45...but now winter's in full swing so I expect it to snow again soon. I also am moving to the mountains, so add that much more unpredictability to the weather.

But yeah, I've seen snow every year of my life. It's pretty for about ten minutes.
billy96
Indonesia=Tropical Climate=No Snow
:(

plenty of rain though
GladiOol
I have snow every year... but it's like Mogsworth says: It's pretty for about ten minutes.
hinamizawan
No snow in the Azores, maybe it's because small islands :(
Kitsunemimi

Agnes wrote:

It did snow a hell ton over here in the previous years, but as of currently, all we're getting is rain. A lot of rain.
I'm not even getting any rain right now ;_;
mathexpert
Actually, a few weeks ago there was some pretty crazy 100 mph winds in so cal.

ITT: talk about the weather :P
Mogsy

GladiOol wrote:

I have snow every year... but it's like Mogsworth says: It's pretty for about ten minutes.
And then you have to drive in it. Or shovel it. Or walk in it. It's unpleasant. >:
GladiOol

Mogsworth wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

And then you have to drive in it. Or shovel it. Or walk in it. It's unpleasant. >:
Driving through it with your car, no problem.
Driving through it with your bike while cars in front of you make it all brown/black from their tires leaving a big mess for you to go through, now that's hell XD
Loginer

failboat wrote:

all year long

such is life in scandinavia
What parallel universe do you live in? Last I checked, there's been nothing but rain and the occasional thin layer of ice all month.
akrolsmir

mathexpert9981 wrote:

lol southern California = never :(
Same for north. Not even rain this year, so the resorts in Tahoe are pretty barren.
Micaela Mousiki
No snow in Honduras :C
But it's raining a bit here, and that makes me sleepy = w =
CapnDavid
Didn't snow in my area this year, it did snow last year though.
Yuzeyun

david huhh wrote:

Didn't snow in my area this year, it did snow last year though.
bagnz0r
I live in Poland. I have snow and deadly -25C every fucking year. This is no fun, trust me.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

bagnz0r wrote:

I live in Poland. I have snow and deadly -25C every fucking year. This is no fun, trust me.
Is this how cold it is?

bagnz0r

kokoroanime wrote:

bagnz0r wrote:

Is this how cold it is?

Yes, pretty much. And sometimes even worse. Last year snow has reached 60cm high in certain locations (including my yard).
Temperature was -12C on avg. and up to as high as -20C last year.
Right now, it's not nearly -2C. But it's normal for December... Just wait until June.

2 movies from 2010 I made. You can see the frozen lake in the first one.

MickX
It's been a while since I last saw a blanket of snow myself. Here in Portugal snowfall usually only happens in the Serra da Estrela mountain range in the north, and it's still a bit of a ride from where I live. Still, there was one particular year where it got so cold around the capital district that it actually snowed! Well... for like 5 minutes that is. But still a marvelous sight. :D

I remember playing in the snow at my homeland in Holland or during my time in Switzerland though!
DJ Angel
I live in serra da estrela.

inb4 it's always cold like hell here.

Rantai
No snow in Brisbane. Ever.

Just floods and droughts.
maal

failboat wrote:

all year long

Zook
No snow here either. I've never even touched real snow irl before T_T
Qliphoth_old
Snow in Buenos Aires in the 2007... After don't.
hoihoisoi
I have had snow. Man made snow though. But other than that, nope, no snow here.
Galkan
2010:

2011: Snowed for one day, then it all melted. All we have now is sunny or cloudy days with 5C and higher temperature.
Lizzehb

Ekaru wrote:

Drakari wrote:

Minnesota.

People die in the streets from the cold on days when they don't cancel school here.
Don't get me started on the Minneapolis school district. I swear, it's like they *wanted* us to freeze to death and send little kids to the hospital by having them navigate ungodly mounds of snow; they only cancel like once every 10 years.

But yeah, I live in Minnesota so yeah. We occasionally have a green/brown Christmas (like this year), but we always get a good amount of snow every winter.

It's part of the reason my HS had a bazillion different principals while I was there. :roll:
Oh look I live in MN too.

I remember one time I was on the bus on the way to school and I was the first one to get picked up. There were a few kids on the bus and then my bud driver got a call that school was closed, so he had to turn around and drop us all off, lol.

But I've only had 2 snow days in my life, one was a delay and my mom just had me sleep through it. Other one was the story above.
boat

Loginer wrote:

failboat wrote:

all year long

What parallel universe do you live in? Last I checked, there's been nothing but rain and the occasional thin layer of ice all month.
>the stereotype joke
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Lizzehb wrote:

Oh look I live in MN too.

I remember one time I was on the bus on the way to school and I was the first one to get picked up. There were a few kids on the bus and then my bud driver got a call that school was closed, so he had to turn around and drop us all off, lol.

But I've only had 2 snow days in my life, one was a delay and my mom just had me sleep through it. Other one was the story above.
That's funny. :lol: :lol: Did he thought school was opened on snow day?
Copter-kun
No snow here.
However I used to be in Korea when I was a kid. Snow was everywhere back then.
JZavala_old

every year of my life i've had snow. when i enlisted. i was sent to camp stanley south korea in 04. it snowed then. i was then sent to northern new york which i got to enjoy snow not in inches. but in feet. and then when i was deployed to iraq for OIF 07/08 as part of the surge. i got to enjoy snow there, oddly enough it had been something like 20 years before the previous time it had snowed.
thelewa
what the hell is snow
M i l o t i c
yes, in england
Cloudy
Nothing in Victoria unless you go up a mountain in winter. Although, there was a mass hail storm on christmas day. That was the closest thing we'll ever get to a white christmas.
bomber34
it is always differently D:
Last year i had 7 days no school because of snow warnings (2010 - 2011)
and this year nothing at all D:

I love winter i love snow so it makes me sad to have no snow.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Still have no snow up here, we're having ice storm all night until early morning and it's under 30 degrees right now.
Azunyan
\\
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Since it's winter now, I'm just bumping this thread to leave it back up until winter's over.
Kunieda
There's no snow either...:(
Dekonare
There's too much snow in Finland... every freaking year
MasTer9006
It's snowing right now!

Kaona
There's no snow here but there was at the beginning of this month.
show more