forum

Do you ever have snow before?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
It do snowed here almost 2 years ago and I had my very first day off of school due to winter storm warning.

It snowed recently in here when I was 3.
boat
all year long

such is life in scandinavia
Sinistro
It snows very infrequently over here, thanks to the temperate Mediterranean climate and the urban basin I live in. On average, I'd say two to three of the previous ten Athens winters have had snow, and even then for one or two days at most. Needless to say, a lot of people view it as a rare event to be treasured, even when it's being a nuisance.

Of course, with Greece having a mostly mountainous terrain, one can reliably seek snow on winters, but it can be a pretty long drive.
hoihoisoi
It never snows here. So sad. But I hope I can go to some country for a holiday to experience snow.
Mashley
It snows most winters here in England. Snow has been pretty crap so far this year but hopefully we will get more in the new year! :D
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

hoihoisoi wrote:

It never snows here. So sad. But I hope I can go to some country for a holiday to experience snow.
I know how you feel and I felt the same way sometimes.
Drakari_old
Minnesota.

People die in the streets from the cold on days when they don't cancel school here.
Kitsunemimi
The snow up here has been really pathetic for the last while now. Two years ago, we didn't have any snow until January. During the last half of this year, I think it snowed a grand total of around 10 times/days.

.... :(
Backstabber

failboat wrote:

all year long

such is life in scandinavia
Pokebis
I hate snow, but it happens. Snowed very lightly like one day about a month ago. I'm imagining it'll snow like crazy sometime later, but none so far.
Shellghost
Never.
jjrocks
Yeah, at least once per year around the Arlington area
Ekaru

Drakari wrote:

Minnesota.

People die in the streets from the cold on days when they don't cancel school here.
Don't get me started on the Minneapolis school district. I swear, it's like they *wanted* us to freeze to death and send little kids to the hospital by having them navigate ungodly mounds of snow; they only cancel like once every 10 years.

But yeah, I live in Minnesota so yeah. We occasionally have a green/brown Christmas (like this year), but we always get a good amount of snow every winter.

It's part of the reason my HS had a bazillion different principals while I was there. :roll:
mathexpert
lol southern California = never :(
Mismagius
I've seen snow once in my life. September 4, 2006. Haven't ever seen snow since then... ;_________; I love snow.
Sterlin_old
Malaysia = No Yuki.
>_> Unfortunately.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Sterlin wrote:

Malaysia = No Yuki.
>_> Unfortunately.
We got little koorin falling from kumo in here once/twice a year depending on colder tenki. LOL!!!
dNextGen
nope
meiikyuu
every year :3
Drakari_old
So many people never seen snow... It's not exactly amazing to me since we get so much snow that it goes beyond hassle, but I do feel bad for people who have never seen it at all.
Sander-Don
No snow in central Florida, sadly.
Never was, never will be.
Vish024
Never had snow, but we did get a hysterical hailstorm yesterday.
Yumi14_old
No snow in Indonesia
but ive seen it in Australia when i was a kid (from my album photo)
show more