forum

[invalid] Option to display gender on osu! profile

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Zozimoto wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I would love to have the option though. I’m sick of people asking me “XDDD ARE YOU BOI OR GRILL?”, it gets really old. I’d rather just put trans female on my page so there’s less confusion and less people asking me questions.

And people catfish on any site with gender markers, so it’s not that bad
But... that would kindof worsen the community right? I mean, i believe it's the fucking worst when people ask that, probably annoying as hell.
I was expecting to receive mixed opinions on this feature request. Thanks for your input
Zozimoto

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I was expecting to receive mixed opinions on this feature request. Thanks for your input
I believe if you kindof change around the concept, you still can get this in.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Zozimoto wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I believe if you kindof change around the concept, you still can get this in.
How would I change the concept? Gender makers on profiles are straight forward and I can’t think of other ways they can be implemented
Sandy Hoey
Genders on profile is useless information and I can’t think of why it should be their (even after your arguments)
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Genders on profile is useless information and I can’t think of why it should be their (even after your arguments)
Not useless. Think about it. People would no longer debate what gender players are.

Like Riviclia and Totoki are very androgynous in appearance
Sandy Hoey
Having the option does not guarantee that players would choose to display that information on their profile, so that doesn’t follow
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
It would just be a quality of life change for players like me who don’t wanna be asked their gender constantly.
E m i

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

It would just be a quality of life change for players like me who don’t wanna be asked their gender constantly.
would it really improve your quality of life? i find the knowledge just makes people act differently a lot of the time etc

better to say "secret" cuz even though curiosity is harmless, a lot of people care way too much even if they barely know you
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Momiji wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

would it really improve your quality of life? i find the knowledge just makes people act differently a lot of the time etc
Yes, people always use wrong pronouns 99% of the time, I get many people asking me what my gender is, and other shit like that. I’m sure other players would like an easy solution to those problems
Anemic Witch
If you care about it so much you can explicitly state that in your userpage. Girls I know from osu! are totally fine by being called with masculine pronouns.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Master_chan wrote:

If you care about it so much you can explicitly state that in your userpage. Girls I know from osu! are totally fine by being called with masculine pronouns.
How are they fine with being misgendered? Sounds fake to me
Sandy Hoey
Because they know that there is no way for the person who is talking to them to know anything about them, so they don’t hold it against them

People sometimes use female pronouns for me because of the username and avatar. Idgaf
E m i

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Master_chan wrote:

because if people find out they're girls a lot are going to be flocking to them like retards just for that reason alone

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Because they know that there is no way for the person who is talking to them to know anything about them, so they don’t hold it against them
or this, if they do care
Megapcmx
ummm. it only will cause problems
Stefan

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I think this would be an interesting and useful addition
Define at what point it would be useful to know what gender the person is.

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

If they do implement this and only have the male and female options, I’ll be pretty pissed off.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Having the option does not guarantee that players would choose to display that information on their profile, so that doesn’t follow
And there we go with cons why this shouldn't be added, consider using the userpage you're getting offered by the supporter tag.
worst fl player
I see no point adding a option like this.

This isn't a dating website.
Nathanael
This is an unnecessary addition. If you really have to state your gender, put it in another field or your user page instead.
Vuelo Eluko
amazing topic, amazing username, amazing avatar, 10/10 absolutely haram
ProgrammerSocks
DaddyCoolVipper
You should probably just go ahead and put it in your userpage if you think it'd help. Most people never both reading those regardless, though, so I don't think this feature would make a difference either way. 's just life on the internet- people aren't gonna know who you are, and they'll generally assume male in any male-dominated space (and female in any female-dominated space).
Gumpy

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Sounds like bait tbh
Nathanael

Soner wrote:

Nuff said.
Flanster
If it was needed, it would've been implemented over this forum's 10 year+ lifespan yo.